Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hearing Rain on my roof but its not raining

JohnnyRush

OK, so its like 4:30 in the morning right now, and i just woke up to rain on my roof. I coulda sworn it was raining. I woke up and thought woah cool its raining, because it never rains here. I got up and went into my living room where my brother is sleeping and i look out on the balcony to find that the sky is perfectly clear and i can see the stars. So i come back into my room and try to sleep but im hearing it again, and its not just little taps on my roof its liek full on water dripping sounds. Its even hitting my air conditioner which makes a distinct noise when its raining, but theres no wetness and the sky outside my window is clear.

So im laying down trying to make sense of this and then from the front of my house i hear what sounds like a freight train go by my house. Like its so loud it shakes the house and i freak out and think maybe theres a car accident. So i put my shirt on and run out into the living room to look outside and nothing there. It was really really loud for about 5 seconds then just instantly stopped but it came in like something coming from a distance getting louder,sounded like it was in the sky. Im hearing the rain on my roof every now and then as i type this i dunno whats going on. And also im feeling little vibrations in the house, like it feels when we have really small earthquakes. Im sure this is completely explainable but i ruled out a broken pipe on the roof because ive been up there hundreds of times and theres no pipes on or in the roof. am i about to be abducted? lol

theres an electrical humming sound i can hear now.

Edited by JohnnyRush
  • Haha 1

hmm... birds walking on the roof?

Hypnopompic hallucinations, when you are partially asleep?

sorry, all I can think of.

• Thanks 1

It's probably too late now, but I would suggest going outside instead of just looking out the window. That way you can be 999% sure that there isn't any water falling from the sky. Plus you could look around your house and on the roof to see if there's anything unusual.

• Haha 1

• 12 years later...

12 years later...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, dummy said:

I am guessing your a big fan of teen wolf :huh:

Welcome to UM, dummy!  Enjoy the site.  It's the BEST!

rain comes and goes... i think i heard it but i was mistaken because it clearly it was the kitchen sink running, but why my dishwasher has already been repaired? They didnt fix it because the dispenser doesnt work now and the knob sticks out. Luckily we had electrical problems and a repair man had already been scheduled. since i have no idea I asked him and he said the guage wasnt big enough for the appliance and i had to get a new pigtail. even though pigtails are for sale and bacon is in season

My one experience of a minor earthquake here in the U.K. was that it sounded like a freight train approaching and passing by.  Admittedly it did sound like the noise was coming from underground and things rattled in the museum I was in at the time, but it seems sound similar to your experience.