Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you take the test

Omnaka

Are you convicted enough to take test?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Yes
    • No
    • Would not matter, Machines are flawed.
    • if you go first.
    • Tell you atfter this body expires

This is in response to The other topic suggesting Taking a lie detector test to confirm one's belief in God and spirit.

I definatly would take the test.

Love Omnaka

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dying Seraph

• Omnaka

• aquatus1

• Magicjax

Top Posters In This Topic

This is in response to The other topic suggesting Taking a lie detector test to confirm one's belief in God and spirit.

I definatly would take the test.

Love Omnaka

I answered yes I would take the test. However my answer was not to support God but I answered yes because I would not lie about the way I feel toward/about God.

Question. Being a Satanist I wonder was this for those that followed/follow God? Or can a Satanist take the lie detector as well to show his views, ideals in or about God?

:devil:

Edit: DO only those that believe take the test? Can those that disbelieve in God take the test to argue why they are against God?

Edited by Dying Seraph

I answered yes I would take the test. However my answer was not to support God but I answered yes because I would not lie about the way I feel toward/about God.

Question. Being a Satanist I wonder was this for those that followed/follow God? Or can a Satanist take the lie detector as well to show his views, ideals in or about God?

Edit: DO only those that believe take the test? Can those that disbelieve in God take the test to argue why they are against God?

I think there should be a set of questions directly relating to ones beliefs acording to standardised Beliefs in that religion, then a common set of questions About God, Creator Allah , or what ever one can concieve of as God.

One could ask if he believed in God as a general Question, or spirit. Then if it were a satanic worshiper maybe ask if he believed If Satan was that God..

The general questions about God and Spirit would be what gets Judged Or scored against one another, as in who reeally believes what they say.Infact That could be the only question which counts in the poll after asking baseline questions and a few Placebos.

Do you believe God exists?

That would be the basis for the Test, and Other spin offs of questions asked would be diferent Tests Or results.

Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka

I think there should be a set of questions directly relating to ones beliefs acording to standardised Beliefs in that religion, then a common set of questions About God, Creator Allah , or what ever one can concieve of as God.

One could ask if he believed in God as a general Question, or spirit. Then if it were a satanic worshiper maybe ask if he believed If Satan was that God..

The general questions about God and Spirit would be what gets Judged Or scored against one another, as in who reeally believes what they say.Infact That could be the only question which counts in the poll after asking baseline questions and a few Placebos.

Do you believe God exists?

That would be the basis for the Test, and Other spin offs of questions asked would be diferent Tests Or results.

Love Omnaka

People believe what they want. Whether facts are there or not. The problem is their are people ignorant and dumb enough to take someone elses words for things rather than seek for themself. And therefore alot of answers may be scewed I believe.

Who really believes in what they say as you said would be most important. However I must admit I feel that many will blindly make statements. Then when asked to support or defend why they make a statement they'll hide.

Maybe a multiple choice followed by a why for each answer why could suffice. Just an EX. Do u believe in the exhistence of A.God, B. Allah, C. Satan, D. None of the above? Answer, C. Why?-Because Satan told me to. :P:lol: Remember just a example. But then if you ask someone why they may take offense so...

All this would be too troublesome I imagine just for a poll. Oh well, Back to the drawing board.

That could be the criteria for being able to mission to others about one's Faith.

I kid, I'm a kidder.

Love Omnaka

It wouldn't bother me, but I think the results would be rather confusing. When people ask me whether or not I believe in God my usual answer is "Which one?" I think whether or not I would take such a test would depend on who was giving the test. If it was a Government or an employer who had power over me I wouldn't take it. It would be in violation of my civil rights.

It should be understood that a lie detector doesn't actually detect lies or liars, but rather how nervous a person is. Depending on how nervous a person is, the operator determines whether the person is lying or not.

If a person believes what they are saying, they aren't going to be too nervous.

Edited by aquatus1

When I made the post about this lie detector test. My main thoughts where along the lines of what I, for lack of better words, would call peoples "core belief". What they really beleive maybe be different from what they know to be true.

In my opinion all religious matters are based on ones conditioning of that matter. I mean none of us would even have an opinion on the matter if we hadn't read, seen or heard about it in the first place. Others feel that we have something within us that needs religion.

I was also thinking that a specific test could be designed(By someone smarter then my of course) that are asked to everyone who takes it regarding their religious or spiritual belief. Maybe as suggested by DS above. A questionnaire can be given before they take the test on their religious belief. Then the person given the test has no idea what their subjects beliefs are and give the same test to everyone.

I Just think it would be interesting to see the outcome of such a test. Of course the outcome will always be challenged. Matter regarding religion always are.

I also understand the emotions affecting the outcome of a test. But the technology is improving and it's not as easy to fool as one might think. Another thought is that at least it's now possible for a test to be stated as "Inconclusive". Not long ago they'd just consider that lying. So that's a bit of an indication of improvement. But I do understand that it's still not 100% accurate and things can affect the outcome of the tests.

By the way. I of course picked yes. :)

Edited by Magicjax

When I made the post about this lie detector test. My main thoughts where along the lines of what I, for lack of better words, would call peoples "core belief". What they really beleive maybe be different from what they know to be true.

In my opinion all religious matters are based on ones conditioning of that matter. I mean none of us would even have an opinion on the matter if we hadn't read, seen or heard about it in the first place. Others feel that we have something within us that needs religion.

I was also thinking that a specific test could be designed(By someone smarter then my of course) that are asked to everyone who takes it regarding their religious or spiritual belief. Maybe as suggested by DS above. A questionnaire can be given before they take the test on their religious belief. Then the person given the test has no idea what their subjects beliefs are and give the same test to everyone.

I Just think it would be interesting to see the outcome of such a test. Of course the outcome will always be challenged. Matter regarding religion always are.

I also understand the emotions affecting the outcome of a test. But the technology is improving and it's not as easy to fool as one might think. Another thought is that at least it's now possible for a test to be stated as "Inconclusive". Not long ago they'd just consider that lying. So that's a bit of an indication of improvement. But I do understand that it's still not 100% accurate and things can affect the outcome of the tests.

By the way. I of course picked yes. :)

Maybe one that took it would be scared,shocked etc. to find out the results. Maybe they would learn something about them self they never knew or realize something that lingered in the back of their mind for some time. Maybe one would condemn the test because they don't get the answer they'd expect or like and then call the whole idea insanity. Yet if they truly thought so they would not have taken such a test to begin with right? Hmm.

I wish there really was a way to set such an unbiased test up. But there will always be naysayers no matter what I guess. A great idea though. :tu:

It should be understood that a lie detector doesn't actually detect lies or liars, but rather how nervous a person is. Depending on how nervous a person is, the operator determines whether the person is lying or not.

If a person believes what they are saying, they aren't going to be too nervous.

Very true. Yet there are many that will collapse under the pressure right away. Plus with the "right" person asking the "right" questions, the questions can be worded in a certain way to get a certain answer I imagine. Mind perception/deception.

For every person of logic there are many that decieve themselves into delusion. These are the people that would be weeded out in a lie detector test and cry fowl I imagine and that's why such a test would not really be succesful. However I still believe if there were such a way to have a multiple choice followed by a reasoning of their logic, we can see where people are coming from and delve into their logic and find out whether they make sense or if they have been decieving themselves.

Edit:My ever so poor spelling

Edited by Dying Seraph

That could be the criteria for being able to mission to others about one's Faith.

I kid, I'm a kidder.

Love Omnaka

I understand what you mean. And it is my mission to get you to conform. :P:lol: I kid. I wouldn't dream of trying to change you as you're splendiphorous the way you are. ;)

I guess it would depend on the intent behind the test. A. Is it to convert or preach? B. Is it for the sake of psycholgy? C. Is it in an attempt to cause a war? D. Other

I choose B.

Why:

Because I care only about my path, and have no intent on dismaying or persuading another. But I like to understand where others are coming from. A sort of dark psychology. :D However, if someone points out something that makes very logical sense that I may not have seen before, that can change my view, then so be it. I am always open to being educated rather than being content with thinking I know it all.

Oh wait, "I Know it all!" :lol::rolleyes:

See! A series multiple choice like that followed by reasoning we can learn so much. That's why schools perform such evaluations, not to preach but find out where the kids criteria stands and where the teaching criteria stands and contemplate on how the two can find a meeting point in the education kids get.