Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poveglia (Italy's Most haunted Island)

Beren Erchamion

Just watched Ghost Adventures - What a joke! You people are so stupid...as I happen to have had a death to life experience I have a slight understanding of what they seem to think they seen...they have no idea of the "after" life - news flash - after life is "all life", or "free life" there's no beginning and ending - its energy in a cycle.

Hate to bust you ghost lover's bubbles but that energy isn't trapped on an island "longing" for a flesh encased energy to visit. If it "missed" something it would simply cross the water (water is a conductor-duh) and go chill with family. The distance was to trap the air borne plague, not the ghosts. The energy doesnt have "feelings" doesn't have memories any more than electricity misses a plug. A bit may join your body's electricity and carry on. You AREN'T THAT IMPORTANT.

Also, free life is a step beyond temporary "encased" (flesh) life and if it "kills" you, where do you think you go? HELLO! You become that energy's neighbor ~ and by your thinking ~ a ticked off neighbor...and who would want that? THINK PEOPLE! aLSO, "GHOSTS" DON'T NEED TO HIDE IN THE DARK! Do you hide from fleas? What, are you going to see it naked? Is it afraid that you'll kill it? THINK PEOPLE! Its so simple we overlook it. It's energy that gives life to amoebas, jellyfish, you, elephants, trees, whatever ~ it doesn't care anymore than your electricity cares whether its moves a toy train or a Space Shuttle.

People need to get over themselves and actually realize how small we are and how insignificant out needs and wants are, other than eating, sleeping, defecating, and reproducing.

Also, people who REALLY know about free energy aren't constantly amazed about it like those supposed ghost hunters are. It's like seeing someone with green eyes. Once you've seen it, it's not that big of a deal. How many times would you go "whoa!" a dude with green eyes! Hope that you've learned something - think outside of Stoker novels ~ free life is bigger, than that, almost like the wind, and it doesn't want to eat you, bite you, make love to you, or poop on you, or talk to you. it just is. Flesh life is short - don't waste it worrying about free life - you'll get there soon enough. PEACE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yogabbagabbahey

• Tom B

• jacki1982

• ZuanNiu

All chalks up to superstition. It drives the human mind and is the result of fast explanation. Also, notice that none of us actually stated that the show had any credibility.

I suggest reading the posts before hopping to conclusions. Furthermore, your use of caps-lock and "duh" does not create a more scientifically sound argument nor does it save you from pure ignorance.

Your contribution is admired and dually noted.

Welcome to UM and good day.

• 8 months later...

Regardless of whether or not the place is haunted, I have always been fascinated with the island of Poveglia.

There was a interesting article of Mental Floss a time ago which I've managed to find again. It's worth a read and has some great pics. :tu:

Yes it is off limits, the people of venice dont even like to talk about the place and fishermen wouldnt fish anywhere near it becuase the frequently pull bodies up which where buried on the island but over years water as eroded the earth and bodies fell into the water.

Well it seems the real mystery is why the bodies of those who died hundreds of years ago didn't decompose and are just now being pulled up by fisherman.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. The island is apparently off-limits to anyone, and even the citizens won't go near the place.

Frankly, I think the history of the island is quite interesting (although terrible). I've had some sort of weird affection for it since I heard about it in middle school :rofl:

I know exactly what you mean. I actually first heard about it because of the Scariest Places on Earth show. But the history and stories behind it fascinate me, just like any old location. Part of me wants so badly to visit but I also know I would regret it afterward. I've experienced some things that I hope I never do again.

At any rate, my sister and I mock Zak from Ghost Adventures as well xD

I know exactly what you mean. I actually first heard about it because of the Scariest Places on Earth show. But the history and stories behind it fascinate me, just like any old location. Part of me wants so badly to visit but I also know I would regret it afterward. I've experienced some things that I hope I never do again.

At any rate, my sister and I mock Zak from Ghost Adventures as well xD

That's where I heard about it too haha. I couldn't believe how drawn I was to the place--I know for a fact that I would chicken out from going there though, as intriguing as it is.

Oh? Anything you'd like to recount? Or just "let old dogs lie" sort of experiences? I don't mean to push; only curious.

It's really hard not to mock him when he makes it so easy. Haha

• 3 months later...