Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old photograph shows 'saintly' apparition

UM-Bot

oldcamera.jpg
An intriguing photograph in the possession of two twins of their great-grandfather taken 100 years ago in Scotland appears to show something otherworldly, the 'saintly' apparition of a strange figure.

"It's a story likely to confirm whether you’re a true believer or a true sceptic. Twins Phil and Mick Cahalane, 45, possess a family photo with an intriguing story. According to the brothers, the photo was taken more than 100 years ago in Scotland and shows their great-grandfather with the image of a “saintly” figure. The pair first saw the photo as children, when their mother produced it at a family gathering. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article (with picture) | linked-imageSource: Mt Druitt Standard

News suggestion submitted by Stance

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• emberlake

• raphnix

• PaperMoon

• jbondo

Top Posters In This Topic

The article goes on to say from one of the twin brothers:

"Phil said he would sell the photo if anyone wanted it."

Just strange all was kept quiet until wanting to profit off the picture.

What a great donation for any church honoring the Saints.

So somehow this is conclusive proof or something? I think not. I believe in ghost's but this picture doesn't prove or should suggest anything other than it has a image on it which can be manafactured a 100 different ways without any spiritural interpetation.

It reminds me of all those "ghost" photos taken during the Spiritualism movement at the turn of the century.

Considering this picture allegedly comes from 100 years ago in Scotland, I'm surprised that the folks didn't think of the anomaly as a 'nature folk' like an undine elemental water spirit.

It's an intriguing photo and probably a quite a treasure to some of the family... it's hard to believe they'd want to part with it...

Looks to me like he's holding a doll.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the photo... looks like he's holding a doll!

This reminds me of 2 things, one was an incident where someone form our church showed us a kodak snapshot that someone took from the window of a plane during flight and in the clouds of the photo you can clearly see what looks like Jesus with outstretched arms, it wasn't a cloud, it was an apparition within the clouds. That was really interesting this was when I was a kid before the technology where people can easily photoshop pictures. The picture was old when I saw it as a kid. That was interesting. And the other one this reminds me of is on the news about a year ago where a lady saw an apparition of a person inside her ultrasound picture. Now THAT was interesting too! :)

although the camera model isn't specified (it looks like a half tone plate used where it's all middle tones) or Kodak's box camera ... both infamous for double exposure. ( and both affordable by the population instead of professionals.)That's exactly what that is. a double exposure.

Someone took a pic , didn't forward or change the film , took another ( the saint is probably a statue.)

examples of old double exposures ...

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley

This reminds me of 2 things, one was an incident where someone form our church showed us a kodak snapshot that someone took from the window of a plane during flight and in the clouds of the photo you can clearly see what looks like Jesus with outstretched arms, it wasn't a cloud, it was an apparition within the clouds. That was really interesting this was when I was a kid before the technology where people can easily photoshop pictures. The picture was old when I saw it as a kid. That was interesting. And the other one this reminds me of is on the news about a year ago where a lady saw an apparition of a person inside her ultrasound picture. Now THAT was interesting too! :)

I hope you meant to write "there was the picture of a man with outstretched arms... first no one knows how JC looked like, and the representations we have of him all over are false... They represent a tall caucasian with blondish long hair when in fact he was most likely short (not a race thing but a time genetic thing people were shorter at that time in general), he would have a olive skin, with dark eyes and dark hair.

Sorry to burst you bubble.

They represent a tall caucasian with blondish long hair

Paracelse, forgive me for asking, but You wouldn't happen to have a link to a picture of a tall blond hair Jesus.

I don't think I've ever seen a blond haired Jesus picture...

I apologize for going OT, but Paracelse statement is so curious to me...

I hope you meant to write "there was the picture of a man with outstretched arms... first no one knows how JC looked like, and the representations we have of him all over are false... They represent a tall caucasian with blondish long hair when in fact he was most likely short (not a race thing but a time genetic thing people were shorter at that time in general), he would have a olive skin, with dark eyes and dark hair.

Sorry to burst you bubble.

He didn't look like any race, he looked like the reverse of a shadow, like a white shadow, like an outline of a person with outstretched arms but not made of clouds. :)