Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World War on Terrorism?

Scorpius

Which countries are actually assisting US with war on Terrorism?

Please list them, I'm very much interested. Unfortunately Canada is off this list. disgust.gif

We Canadians should help, instead of hiding behind the US. We should at least send what remaining troops we have...

There is a large painted poster on a wall in my city, Winnipeg, Manitoba, that says something like this: We stand with the United States of America. What hypocracy!!!

It sure doesn't show on the War on Terrorism.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fearfulone

• wunarmdscissor

• Stamford

• Scorpius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blue Scorpion, i commend you for the stance you have on Canada's involvement in the war on terror. Fortunately, the US does have the assistance of a large number of countries. While i don't recall all the countries and i wouldnt know where to get a list (although you could prolly run a search on google or yahoo)... these are some of the major ones: England, Spain (although not for much longer), Australia, Bulgaria, Japan, and Poland...there are many more, just cant seem to find the list. As far as i know...most of the former "eastern bloc" of europe have troops over in iraq...there are over 60 countries last i heard. whistling2.gif

Sorry got to pick you up on one point the UK supports the war on terror. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as the whole.

Theres a couple of lists here; (some of the info is fairly old but mostly accurate, should give you an idea)

List

Another List

Edited by <bleeding_heart>

For some unknown reason we have UK = England in everybody's mind tongue.gif

Anyway, if it is just war against terrorism (not Iraq), wouldn't all world governments are going to support it? A lot of governments have been fighting terrorists for quite a while... whistling2.gif

Thanks for the links, Bleeding Heart. The second link gave a more detailed account of each countries assistance on the War on Terrorism. The Canadian Forces did a fine job, especially being the first to offer Naval support on the War on Terrorism. I guess I was wrong to say that we Canadians did not help. rolleyes.gif

"The United States began building the coalition on September 12, 2001, and there are currently 70 nations supporting the global war on terrorism. To date, 21 nations have deployed more than 16,000 troops to the U.S. Central Command’s region of responsibility. This coalition of the willing is working hard every day to defeat terrorism, wherever it may exist. " Source: United States Central Command

Here is a list I posted in another

thread in this forum called Terrorists

Win.

United States 120,000

Britain 11,000

Albania 70

Australia 1,000

Azerbaijan 150

Bulgaria 470

Czech Rep. 92

Denmark 496

Dominican Rep. 300

ElSalvador 360

Estonia 55

Georgia 70

Honduras 370

Hungary 300

Italy 3,000

Japan 250 (750 on the way)

Kazakhstan 25

Latvia 120

Lithuania 105

Macedonia 28

Moldova 25

Mongolia 180

Netherlands 1,100

NewZealand 60

Nicaragua 230

Norway 150

Philippines 95 (175 on the way)

Poland 2,400

Romania 400

Singapore 200

Slovakia 69 (120 on the way)

South Korea 675 (3,000 on the way)

Spain 1,300 (may be pulled out soon)

Thailand 443 (30 on the way)

Ukraine 2,000

These are the quite current numbers of

troops provided by all nations involved

in Iraq.

Gazz

Edit: Added comments

Al Qaeda made it clear in a recent memo

that ALL of the nations listed above

are targets for future attacks of terrorism.

Maybe Canada has a reason to avoid being

involved.

I am not defending them or saying Canadians

are cowards.

Its just the reality of the world we live

in.

There are many nations re-thinking their

involvment in Iraq.

Spain for one has made it clear that they

are soon going to pull out their troops

from Iraq.

After the bombings of 3/11/04 changed the

results of their elections.

Can you really blame them?

If you pick a fight and ask your buddies

to come with you to back you up, can you

really count on all of them to show up?

Edited by Gazz

By war on terrorism, we're actually talking war on Islamic terrorism. Britain and Spain having been putting up with terrorism for decades. Fat lot of help we got from anyone.

Below, my home city of Manchester in 1996.

post-63-1081661447.jpg

Terrorism is more of a disease than it is a group of people . In the eighties we would have refered to them as Libyians these days we refer to them as Islamic , neither answer is corect . Terrorists are found in all sorts of places as Cufflink pointed out , 1996 was not that long ago and the picture looks like something out of WW2 .

But really I wanted to adress this ...

New Zealand 60

Yes NZ sent 60 SAS troops to assist in finding Sadam and relaying information . These troops are no longer in use in Iraq , we now have a much larger peace keeping force aiding in rebuilding . The only job the NZ army is really ever used for. George Bush went into this war with Iraq without our support , and I'm still O.K. with that . As are the magority of New Zealanders . I still don't get the whole concept of it .

Also all Kiwi troops are getting prepared to be pulled back out of Iraq , they are only there for Peace Keeping and re-building they will not be used to fight the people of Iraq . With the situation over there at the moment worsening , there is a much greater chance that they will be . So there for a huge Horah for Helen Clark for sticking to her guns .

Gazz your list is impressive , but does it show the actuall number of troops sent over the past year or just the initial deployments .

By war on terrorism, we're actually talking war on Islamic terrorism. Britain and Spain having been putting up with terrorism for decades. Fat lot of help we got from anyone.

Below, my home city of Manchester in 1996.

Well said cufflink.

BTW fearfulone , i detest it when people refore to the whole of My country as "england" its like me refering to america as alabama. There are four home nations, england (being only one albeit the largest) , scotland, wales and Nothern Ireland and we make ONE entire country called Great Britain. disgust.gif

PLease in future refer to us as we are.

Anyway, if it is just war against terrorism (not Iraq), wouldn't all world governments are going to support it? A lot of governments have been fighting terrorists for quite a while...

George Bush went into this war with Iraq without our support , and I'm still O.K. with that . As are the magority of New Zealanders . I still don't get the whole concept of it .

Just a short answer to you all: For years Islamic Terrorists have been 'terrorizing' us all, here and there. Past administrations dealt with the problem from a position of 'find those responsible and bring them to justice' as Condi Rice said a "tit for tat approach". President Bush is waging war against the terrorists. This has not been done before.....it is a first. It is a strategic war and Iraq is just part of the strategery. While Britain and Spain have been dealing with 'other' terror threats over the years ....this one is different. These terrorists want to destroy Western culture in total and replace it with something like we found in Afghanastan.

Iraq seems worse now because the terrorists are losing and therefore giving it

everything they've got. We all will win eventually......or we all will lose. It really depends on the leaders we all choose to guide us through the rest of this war....or the leaders we choose who will abandon the war and let the terror network reform and come back stronger, more sophisticated and nuclear powered. I love you all.

joc

Iraq seems worse now because the terrorists are losing and therefore giving it

everything they've got. We all will win eventually......or we all will lose. It really depends on the leaders we all choose to guide us through the rest of this war....or the leaders we choose who will abandon the war and let the terror network reform and come back stronger, more sophisticated and nuclear powered. I love you all.

joc

I was wonderin where youd been joc.

Ok are you talking about the fighting in fallujah joc?

Because the people fighting in fallujah arent terrorists!!!!!

Why do u think we are having peace talks with them??

Do you think that if they were anything like terrorists we would be having peace talks with them??

Ill look forward to you usual soundbite retort tongue.gif

While Britain and Spain have been dealing with 'other' terror threats over the years ....this one is different.

Oh is that a fact Joc.

So what your saying is that the thousands killed in here and in spain by ETA and the IRA werent as bad as when islamic fundamentalists killed americans?????????

Whatever the cause they still killed and maimed thousands does it really make a difference what the cause is??

All terrorism is wrong what cufflink is gettin at is we didnt see much of a response from america in helping us did we??

I mean look at the casualties in the UK through terrorism yet you disregard it with an off the cuff remark as if to say "yeh but when we got attacked i was much worse".

Edited by wunarmdscissor

Quick question:

WHAT THE HELL HAS THE IRAQ WAR GOT TO DO WITH THE WAR ON TERRORISM?

Setting aside the fact that it has alientated even more Muslims from the side of the West and sent them into the arms of Islamic fundamentalists.

I have yet to see any credible evidence linking Saddam with Al Quida, 911, the Taliban or anything else to do with Islamic terrorism.

BTW fearfulone , i detest it when people refore to the whole of My country as "england" its like me refering to america as alabama. There are four home nations, england (being only one albeit the largest) , scotland, wales and Nothern Ireland and we make ONE entire country called Great Britain. 

I mentioned England, the country, as supporting the war on terror, although i know i have shown the ignorance of calling the entire country of Great Britain, England, in other threads, and i do apologize for offending you and any of your country men.

I too, Cufflink, think that this is a great point. Terrorism went on in Ireland between protestants and catholics for many years and it was not of any importance to the US or anyone until Islamic terrorism attacked us...i feel with you in the UK and Spain, and i apologize for the selfishness of this country... sad.gif

I don't believe Blue Scorpion mentioned iraq and i unknowingly did in my post on the involvement of other nations (i'm just so used to mentioning iraq with the war on terror). Iraq could be assossciated with the war on terror, however, because of the horrible atrocities Saddam comitted against his people.

Halabja (warning: graphic images...look at your own risk; bleeding heart, thanks for the link

Edited by fearfulone

I don't believe Blue Scorpion mentioned iraq and i unknowingly did in my post on the involvement of other nations (i'm just so used to mentioning iraq with the war on terror).

True, fearfulone, but Gazz was talking about troop numbers in Iraq, so I guess, like you, I slipped back into that zone.

True, fearfulone, but Gazz was talking about troop numbers in Iraq, so I guess, like you, I slipped back into that zone.

do i feel a hug coming on...yep, yep, yeah i do...oh, yeah...ok *pats on back* there ya go buddy....nice hug for a fellow UM forumer tongue.gif

blink.gif

Quick question:

The war in Iraq has been said to be over

after the fall of Saddam, what we see now

is indeed a war on terrorism.

If you can't see this you missed my point.

If you read my post after the list of

nations you will see what I mean.

Al Qaeda sent out a memo.. see my post

in this forum called "terrorist memo".

In that memo they (Al Qaeda) named all

of the nations in the list as targets.

But not one nation that is NOT on that list.

The first post in this thread was about

Canada and how that person wished her

country (Canada) would do more.

I made an example and gave my opinion as

to why I believe Canada chose to stay out

of it.

Now to say that Iraq is not a part of the

war on terrorism would be foolish.

If we had not had the attacks of 9/11/01

We would not even be having this discussion.

There would have been no war in Iraq.

But because we did go to war in Iraq and

removed Saddam from power, it created

a nation void of leadership, the goal

of the radical Islamic Shiites in Iraq

is the same as Al Qaeda.

They want to rule Iraq the same as the

taliban did in Afghanistan.

They would have Iraq become another nation

where Islamic law and radical Islamic

faith is not an option.

Iraq would become a greater threat than