Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stairway to heaven...or stairway to hell?

Kortef

Im sure all of you know the famous song by Led Zeppelin, and you must know too that if you play it backwards you apparently get a Satanic message http://www2.memlane.com/jmilner/stairwaybackwards.htm if you go there you can hear it forwards and backwards....I think its true, because not only is it called Stairway to heaven, and its a nice song when played normally but when you reverse it you get a satanic message, just like if you flip the stairway to heaven, you get the stairway to HELL! You think he purposely set all this up? you flip the song and it is no longer stairway to heaven, its the stairway to hell...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• AndyThorley

• wardrich

• twpdyp

Led Zeppelin does not seem evil, but it could be true. I beleive it after listening to the sound clip, it's scary! There is a possibility they were actually having an evil song, or that they were just joking around, wrote some lyrics that would do this to scare people not trying to be evil, or did not expect this. Any way, its horrid.

In a Norwegian Tv-show they reversed one of the most popular Norwegian songs for kids and families, and what they got out of it, "Satan ate the children.."

I think you find the answere you're looking for. If you're looking for scary "backwards lyrics", you'll probably find it.

And I'm a christian, if it's got something to say.

If you're looking for scary "backwards lyrics", you'll probably find it.

I agree, I've always taken the "backwards lyrics" fads with a grain of salt.

• 3 weeks later...

That freaked me out. I've been hearing about the reverse lyrics for a long time but never heard it until now. Man that is eerie!!

huh.gif

Kinda creepy but I guess any song played backwards sounds like that.

I think its easy to pick out words that slightly resemble satan or 666 but I also heard "Ballsackin Mooby lovers"?

laugh.gif lol that was awesome...

You know if you play the Beatles song 'I am the Walrus' backwards you automatically start doing cartwheels whilst simultaneously eating a bowl of exotic fruit.

huh.gif

How...bored.. do you have to be.. to play a song backwards and try to pick out "Satanic messages"?

I mean.. common..really.

It's nice to know the good urban legands don't die.

You're suppose to be able to do it with a Prince song too, though I can't recall which one at the moment. whistling2.gif

If you play a country song backwards you quit drinking, your wife comes back to you, and you get your car back laugh.gif

"There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan"

You can just feel the evil vibes flowing from that one line, cant you?

Seriously, though, I've seen about five different versions of the backwards lyrics and they all differ from one another. So just like Krissa said...take it with a grain of salt.

I also found one in "another one bites the dust".

Play that one backwards and mercury 'sings' "weeeell its fun to smoke marijuana"

It's twue!

That's BS. If you look for it you can find the words you're trying to hear. I have reversed the song myself. Cause I have a program called Wavestudio and it lets you do all this cool stuff to a .wav file. But you can't hear nothin until you look for certain words man. disgust.gif

id like to say a few things about this song..it all makes eprfect sense the lyrics read backwards say "Oh heres to my sweet satan, the one whos power is satan. His litle path makes us suffer, oh sad satan. He gives you, gives you 666, sad satan. Theres a toolshed where he made us suffer sad satan"...thats kind of long to be a mistake, i could see a mistake if maybe suffer sad satan was said but all that..its pretty good grammar to if you ask me. Also at the end of the song played forwards, or the beginning of it backwards..when played backwards says "play backwards, hidden message sung"..and its clear as a bell. Everything fits. Its very ironic that playing it forwards is about a stairway to heaven..but backwards its about the highway to hell or the stairway to hell. THe tool house..is what most people wonder about, what could this mean.. its simple. The castle that the band Led Zepplin bought, originally owned by Crowley, Stated as the most evil man alive who practiced devil worship and sorcery there. This castle was often reffered to as The Toolshed.. and Led Zepplin even stated that weird things went on inside the castle.. and it led them to begin satanic studies and worship devil.gif It all unfolds and makes perfect sense. Maybe it is all one big mistake..but theres a very good chance it is 100% real.

Any questions email me at heggie_6919@hotmail.com

Well, I think it's cool. notworthy.gif

Nah, I'm no satan worshipper. I just think it's neat how the lyrics played forwards are about a stairway to heaven, and when played backwards, it's this whole satanic thing. Pretty interesting.

same i totaly agree..i have nothing about Led Zepplin..they are the greatest band of all time i just think its kind of neat and creepy

one last thing....if you play the part that goes all slow, you can sorta hear the words "and there is bones in the wooooooooooods" listen for it i promise youll hear it....

oh and another thing...near the beginning of the song backwards you can hear "satan rules our lives and everything we do" PM me if you hear it....that relaly creeped me out!! huh.gifwacko.gifcrying.gif

Also have a look for information on Boleskine House off loch ness where Jimmy Page wrote stairway to heaven. Boleskine House was also called the toolshed or toolhouse. I love this **** true or not it is an incredible story with more depth than i can uncover.

Its worth mentionning that Claire and I will be playing Stairway to Heaven in a couple of weeks.

We're thinking of ".nevaeH ot yawriatS" as the name. Unless y'all have somethin better as a name?

Anyway, back to the plot.

I like how the reversespeech.com page cited it as "Whose power is fake" rather than "whose power is satan".

see? You can draw whatever meaning you want out of it.

Thats creepy. As clear as a bell.

When I was listening I'd swear something was watching me...

or maybe it was just my neolithic instincts huh.gif

Either way, that just screwed me

I hate satan devil.gif

oh galor, you're not fooling anybody. we all know you love satan. you go on fishing trips together and share recipes.

No I don't! I'm a devout and loving Christian! Oh one sec, i sound like saucy there let me take that back. I am a Christian and I don't intend to change!

Did I mention that in the song when it said 666 it was soooooooooo clear

• 3 weeks later...

I got a sweet music editing program and I played "Stairway to Heaven backwards and I heard : Oh heres to my sweet satan, the one whos little path would make me cry, whose power is satan. He'll gives you, gives you 666, there was a little toolshed where he used to make us suffer, sad Satan."

I am 102% sure that is EXACTLY what it says.

I listened to it and couldn't hear anything. Then I clicked to see the reverse lyrics, and I could hear it. Its all suggestive in my opinion.