Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stairway to heaven...or stairway to hell?

Kortef

I listened to it backwards before reading the backwards lyrics, and I didnt get a word of what they claimed the lyrics were. I only recognized the lyrics after reading them. I think its all a mind trick. Also the reversed lyrics sound like that if almost anyone sings it. Try it yourself, most of the time it works (unless you have a really different accent). I tried it with that song and It came out the same just a bit less clear.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• AndyThorley

• wardrich

• twpdyp

i also herd a rumor that if you played enter sandman backward you get cristian sond thats is so soppy and selfriteous it makes you want to laugh. give it a break they have people who can imatate peoples voices just by hear them. beleive me i one of them. it would not be had to play that song bacwards and add new lyrics.

Wanna know what I heard:

"Oh sweesh ter my plead smitten. The wol oo widdle bath ood mack me sad. Hoo mower "e" satan. Ewher oo wheer whoo meedle sue seek sick. Ahm all oo widdle two shid hoo whir us suffers as satan."

I don't give a rat's behind if you are Christian or not. I am one, but it doesn't matter about this. It is not speaking those words. Firstly, who the heck writes their songs backwards to make sure they sound like satanic messages? What musician will spend hours writing and rewriting parts of verses to make that crap? No one! That is bull! It is by chance that one or two words sound like "satan" in that. Who woulda know that a "bustle in the hedgerow" sounds like "suffers as satan" (or to me it does) played backwards. Or to this website who is saying they are real, it sounds like "suffer sad satan." And the reversed lyrics they say are there... read them. THAT MAKES NO SENSE! It is a bunch of gibberish. Who speaks in such broen sentences? No one. It is bologna. All of it. They are just trying to make good bands sound evil to fuel the fire for parents to not let their kids listen to good music because it will make them want to kill things or whatever the crap they say nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...

well it is no surprise that a song reversed plays satanic messages.

Jimmy P did buy a castle that was once owned by the notoriouse blood drinking

Vlad.

The castle is the location where many peoples bodies were impailed tortured,mutilated,and eaten.

For anyone doubting the intentions of the artists insertion of those words backwards,lets also listen to the song forward.

the verse stateing "theres a feeling I get when I look to the west,and my spirit is crying for leaving"

the west is the location where as the first satanic bible was written.

how about the verse that says "cause you know sometimes words have two meanings"forward and backwards.

also the lyrics stateing "as we wind on down the road our shadows taller than our soul"needs not explaining who the shadow is.

and the last key is the verse"and if you listen very hard,the tune will come to you at last,when all are one and one is all to be a rock and not to roll"

this verse is also self explanatory.

listen very hard the tune will come to you at last.

Edited by ksamkcab

• 2 weeks later...
It's nice to know the good urban legands don't die.

You're suppose to be able to do it with a Prince song too, though I can't recall which one at the moment. whistling2.gif

Darling Niki Is The Name Of It... It's At The End Of The Song...

It’s like the old film, The Gate, where the two kids play a record backwards and open up Hell’s Gate in the back garden (as you do!)

Most of it comes down to how good a person’s imagination is. Once, someone played a recorded backwards for me, and they were screaming there was a message. To me it just sounded like a record playing the wrong way!

Stairway to Heaven was a good book by Zitchin, but a terrible song by Zeppelin I hate Zeppelin.

You have to do it with the first pressing of the album. It is there. Back in the old days when the album first came out, (now you all know how old I am) I put my turntable in nutral and played the thing backwards. It was there plain as anything. "Satan, my sweet Satan". It was put there on purpose over the track. There was some other words, but I don't remember what they said. I still have the record but I no longer have a turntable. The Beatles did it too, but I never didn't that with another album as does damage.

Actually, a few months ago I did extensive research about this and so many songs have it but stairway to heaven is supposed to be the best. It was proven that the song was not overdubbed therefore Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, or any other member of the band or the crew had this done, it was there by itself. A good website with more of these is http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

[EDIT]-fixed link

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

I cought the word Satan in it, but I had to fully read the lyrics to totally get. The only one that made sense was the Floyd one, which was purpously planted. I think the rest is totally random acts of happenage.

-Richard-

Did summore research on the topic.

THIS SITE goes all over it's meaning... and also has some lines taken from a live version. I found it really interesting.

-Richard-

Edited by wardrich

Do you really think Led Zeppelin would spend so much time doing something so pointless?

As many have said, you hear what you hear because you are looking for it, as many people see what they see because they are looking for it. It's strange how the mind works, but it likes to organise patterns into things we recognise.

This is so old! I heard about this back in the 80's! whistling2.gif

Who knows it could be for real. But what I want to know is....who was the first dummy to ruin his record by playing it backwards in the first place? tongue.gif

And, exactly why was this person the first one to play it backwards anyway?

What was he trying to do? blink.gif

Do you really think Led Zeppelin would spend so much time doing something so pointless?

As many have said, you hear what you hear because you are looking for it, as many people see what they see because they are looking for it. It's strange how the mind works, but it likes to organise patterns into things we recognise.

maybe so, but I downloaded the song and played it backwards before I read what I was to hear, or where it came in. I heard it anyway. I did some testing with backwards masking.

say "and over there" and it'll sound like Marijuana... it's 90% clear too. (inspired from Help! by The Beatles)

-Richard-

In a Norwegian Tv-show they reversed one of the most popular Norwegian songs for kids and families, and what they got out of it, "Satan ate the children.."

I think you find the answere you're looking for. If you're looking for scary "backwards lyrics", you'll probably find it.

And I'm a christian, if it's got something to say.

What Norwegian song was that? I am also Norwegian, but I didn't see that show....

I believe in this as, I have done it with songs that I have found that arent talked about, you can do it with almost anything, speeches are fun.

Stairway to Heaven does seem to be inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien for whoever said that cuz when i first heard it, it reminded so much of Lord Of the Rings and i think Zeppelin rocks thumbsup.gif

Actually, it wasnt inspired by Tolkein at all. I think the link has been posted in this thread, but I can't say for sure...the one that describes where and why this song was written and just what it's talking about.

I'd post it m'self, but I have to dash off to work now

*should really watch the clock some more*

ITS FUN TO SMOKE MARIJUANA

While others won't question your recreational drug use, I believe your post would have been a better one if you explained the point you were trying to make.

And wasnt it in this thread when somebody debunked the "Another one bites the dust" bit anyway? I think it was...

• 1 month later...

ive heard many times about the satanic messages from stairway to heaven, and that during the part where he says ooooo it makes me wonder it says "my sweet satan" when played backwards and later it says 666 (again, when the song is played bakcwards). can anyone give me some links 2 hear some sound files from these songs played backwards, or at least give me some more names of songs, and wht they say. devil.gif

ive heard it... sry i dont have the link anymore.... but its crap. If yuo haven't read the words that its supposed to say backwards, you cant really hear anyhting

• 2 weeks later...

im not a christian, but recently i went to a christian course called alpha to understand what christianity really is.

so i went and we talked about this song.

one thing i thought it might be interesting if i mention is, there was a girl there who had been a christian her whole life, shes now 18 and a well respected member of the community. she told us: Satan was banished from the heavens, he was an angel. also, he was the angel who was incharge of music in the world. anyway ... somewhat happened and he was bannished from heaven. and there has been lots of claims that he what followers by alternating the sogns of the world.

so thats the christian site of it, deliverd from a none christian!

cheers

the_real_robab_angle@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this reverse thing with "The Dark of the Matinée - Franz Ferdinand" and i swear it says "This is the sound of my heart" which is heard from playing backwards from the end of the song. Also "these are the marks of islam" and theres a lot of other potential sentences as well

I used Goldwave to do this.

Tell me what you think!!!!