Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occult and individuality

UM-Bot

tarot.jpg
Anthony North returns with another 'Beyond the Blog', this time he's taking a look in to the area of the occult.

"Anthony North: Whilst I am not an occultist, I have studied its rituals and history for decades. I’m convinced it holds value for life and knowledge, in that it seems to me to be a continuance of deep spirituality that can trace its routes to the first religions. There has been a distinct western occult tradition that arose out of the European period of questioning that stretched from the Renaissance to the Enlightenment, and this did, in a way, pollute the original roots of the system."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Beyond the Blog

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Paracelse

• raphnix

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was just making some publicity about he's current enthusiasm with occult studies.

Why would some skeptic care about his new found field.

• 10 months later...

True Magick has Celtic origin whereas the Cabala has Judeo-Egyptian roots, which have been then remixed with early christian magick.. Very little is know of Celtich Magick most of it as been re-created by Gardner in the early 40/50s. While reading Isreal Regardie's Golden Dawn (Regardie was Crawley's secretary for about 4 years), it became true to me that Crowley was mad, egotist and hedonist, but he was a genuine and capable magician (in the true form of the word). If not his thirst for emotion, mixing alcohol and heavy drugs, he may have achieved greatnest beyond the means of ordinary individuals.