Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God says: "Worship me or go to Hell!"

archangel_josh

How terrible!

A big God who creates everything in order for his creatures to worship him. Then when they die they go to heaven where they can be close to him and bow down and worship him forever and ever amen.

This God would have to be the most egotistical and savage person in the universe.

What I'm looking for is the Christians to answer me this question:

Don't you think its egotistical and ultimately very very flawed if God creates creatures in order for them to worship him?

-Josh

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Omnaka

• IamsSon

• Karlis

• Dr. Gregory House

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How terrible!

A big God who creates everything in order for his creatures to worship him. Then when they die they go to heaven where they can be close to him and bow down and worship him forever and ever amen.

This God would have to be the most egotistical and savage person in the universe.

Don't you think its egotistical and ultimately very very flawed if God creates creatures in order for them to worship him?

-Josh

Did God say that or did man say that? I think it would be difficult and indeed egotistical to try and determine what such a being has said, says or will say. I don't think that most folks could comprehend or deal with it in our current physical state. that being said, I wouldn't bother myself with such thoughts. Do they truly have an impact on how one lives their daily life? No. We'll all deal with those issues when the time comes. Not now... unless...ung...my left arm is tingling...ungh.....ef....ugh....xxxxxxxx

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

How terrible!

-Josh

Christians worship a sadistic, egostistical God. Really, they do. But is it true that God is really like that? Is it true that he wants to be worshipped, and is it true that he would send people to Hell simply for not believing in something that has no proof?

Christians worship a sadistic, egostistical God. Really, they do. But is it true that God is really like that? Is it true that he wants to be worshipped, and is it true that he would send people to Hell simply for not believing in something that has no proof?

I don't know, I really dont. Nobody does. I doubt it. We'll see!!! lol!!!

How terrible!

-Josh

Maybe because this mankind would have to be the most egotistical and savage person in the universe. And the ultimate deception is when we exalt ourselves above God.

-Josh

Actually, your understanding of God is egotistical and ultimately very very flawed. We were created, in his image, to be companions, to fellowship with him. Who are we, the created, to question the Creator. It says in Jeremiah that the bowl has no right to complain to the potter for what use he has been created. It has been created according to the will of the potter.period.

Arrogance is an unhealthy trait.

Actually, your understanding of God is egotistical and ultimately very very flawed. We were created, in his image, to be companions, to fellowship with him. Who are we, the created, to question the Creator. It says in Jeremiah that the bowl has no right to complain to the potter for what use he has been created. It has been created according to the will of the potter.period.

Actually your post is very very backward and your understanding is due to blind faith. God is the ego maniac creating a creature to suffer and worship for no other reason than that of what man has told man. God can not exist as one would know it because he contradict himself and humans have to make excuses for him to keep a false belief alive. God is dieing and man will be his undoing, now would a god allow that to happen that DEMANDS blind faith and not reason. He could set the record straight but he does not as he must love the display of suffering we give him for a false promise. He crated us? we created him? prove me wrong... For an all mighty being he seems as scary as the all mighty Travel Gnome featured on many commercials.

I can stand arrogance, much more than I can ignorance which is a much more dangerous trait..

Actually your post is very very backward and your understanding is due to blind faith. God is the ego maniac creating a creature to suffer and worship for no other reason than that of what man has told man. God can not exist as one would know it because he contradict himself and humans have to make excuses for him to keep a false belief alive. God is dieing and man will be his undoing, now would a god allow that to happen that DEMANDS blind faith and not reason. He could set the record straight but he does not as he must love the display of suffering we give him for a false promise. He crated us? we created him? prove me wrong... For an all mighty being he seems as scary as the all mighty Travel Gnome featured on many commercials.

I can stand arrogance, much more than I can ignorance which is a much more dangerous trait..

My mistake, I thought archangel__Josh asked for a Christian to respond. Thank you for clarifying for me.

It's not that the bowl has any right to complain... The bowl cannot comprehend why or even "if" it was created... nor can we... ya know? Cool post.

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

Here is abit that runs along the thoughts expressed in your post.

Hebrews 12

1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye b*******, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

16Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

17For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

18For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29For our God is a consuming fire.

Here is abit that runs along the thoughts expressed in your post.

Hebrews 12

1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye b*******, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

16Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

17For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

18For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

19And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

20(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

21And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29For our God is a consuming fire.

Quoting scripture isn't gonna work here man. Tell them how you feel about it. More importantly your experiences as to why you believe the way you do!

Quoting scripture isn't gonna work here man. Tell them how you feel about it. More importantly your experiences as to why you believe the way you do!

My experiences are too personal but it has convinced there is an afterlife.

God says: "Worship me or go to Hell!", Why?! Can't Xians see the flawed logic here?

Did God really say this , or are yoiu adlibbing?

I met Father, and Mother (God) and God told me, they love all unconditionally.

Love Omnaka

How terrible!

-Josh

I agree but it's not God that's egotistical and savage it's the men that wrote the bible in an attempt to scare people into believing in their higher power. Honestly I don't don't know how people can believe in hell. Would those people be able to create something, love it unconditionally, and still be able to send that creation to a place of burning fire for eternity? Parents know that when something happens to their child it hurts them more then the child. When parents spank their child they claim it hurt them more then it did the child. When their child gets hurt they rush over to kiss the booboo and make it all better. The child gets burnt and the parent feels guilty for not keeping a closer eye on them. We're human and imperfect and yet we can show so much love for others especially a child which most parents love unconditionally.

So really I can't imagine a God that loves unconditionally would be able to send his creation to hell for eternity and if he did he would have to feel more pain and sadness for sending them there because like a parent he should hurt more then his child when they're hurting. I believe in a higher power, God, whatever you want to call it. I believe that God loves unconditionally. I don't believe in hell and I think the idea is ridiculous. There's no way God would do that to any of his children and the people that believe that...well I don't understand what's going on in their head.

I agree but it's not God that's egotistical and savage it's the men that wrote the bible in an attempt to scare people into believing in their higher power. Honestly I don't don't know how people can believe in hell. Would those people be able to create something, love it unconditionally, and still be able to send that creation to a place of burning fire for eternity? Parents know that when something happens to their child it hurts them more then the child. When parents spank their child they claim it hurt them more then it did the child. When their child gets hurt they rush over to kiss the booboo and make it all better. The child gets burnt and the parent feels guilty for not keeping a closer eye on them. We're human and imperfect and yet we can show so much love for others especially a child which most parents love unconditionally.

So really I can't imagine a God that loves unconditionally would be able to send his creation to hell for eternity and if he did he would have to feel more pain and sadness for sending them there because like a parent he should hurt more then his child when they're hurting. I believe in a higher power, God, whatever you want to call it. I believe that God loves unconditionally. I don't believe in hell and I think the idea is ridiculous. There's no way God would do that to any of his children and the people that believe that...well I don't understand what's going on in their head.

Bless you Brigit! :wub:

Love Omnaka

I thought this post was disingenuous and wanted to respond. If religious people believe they are not above god/are humble in his presence and and non-believers are arrogant...why have christians challenged and changed his laws? If the Bible was written as the word of god (which christians follow as a rule book and justify many of their social actions based on the bible) then why do they no longer think it is ok to have slaves, women subservient to men, rape, eat shellfish, work on sunday (or more correctly saturday)...all of which are ok in the Old T.

I believe in a higher power too, I just get frustrated when the religious call non-believers arrogant or ASSUME they think they are above god when THEY dont follow the rules set out in their own scripture anymore...(Im glad they dont, but the point is they dont).

Why do you NOT think you are arrogant for picking and choosing which biblical laws you follow?

If I were god I'd send a whole lot of people I know to hell.

And since I'm supposed to be created in god's image, then maybe (if god exists) there is a place where eternal suffering exists.

Besides, who ever said god is sane in the first place?

How terrible!

-Josh

And jealousy and skepticism would help for you to gain true heaven.

I thought this post was disingenuous and wanted to respond. If religious people believe they are not above god/are humble in his presence and and non-believers are arrogant...why have christians challenged and changed his laws? If the Bible was written as the word of god (which christians follow as a rule book and justify many of their social actions based on the bible) then why do they no longer think it is ok to have slaves, women subservient to men, rape, eat shellfish, work on sunday (or more correctly saturday)...all of which are ok in the Old T.

I believe in a higher power too, I just get frustrated when the religious call non-believers arrogant or ASSUME they think they are above god when THEY dont follow the rules set out in their own scripture anymore...(Im glad they dont, but the point is they dont).

Why do you NOT think you are arrogant for picking and choosing which biblical laws you follow?

I wasn't being disingenous. I simply took the OPs exact words and turned them around. I think to find disingenuous you need to go back to the original comment. I do not believe non-believers are arrogant. I was referring to the specific comments that had just been made.

I then when on to explain a concept from the Bible. This was followed by a pitbull attack.

I was being somewhat sarcastic, but not disingenous. But it has been made crystal clear to me that non-christians can bash, insult, and criticize with impunity. I also now understand when a post says "I want the opinion of a Christian" either it doesn't really mean that or it is a set-up for gang attack.

I wasn't being disingenous. I simply took the OPs exact words and turned them around. I think to find disingenuous you need to go back to the original comment. I do not believe non-believers are arrogant. I was referring to the specific comments that had just been made.

I then when on to explain a concept from the Bible. This was followed by a pitbull attack.

I was being somewhat sarcastic, but not disingenous. But it has been made crystal clear to me that non-christians can bash, insult, and criticize with impunity. I also now understand when a post says "I want the opinion of a Christian" either it doesn't really mean that or it is a set-up for gang attack.

youre not a very good christian are you

you didn't turn the other cheek

:tu:

;)

Did God really say this , or are yoiu adlibbing?

I met Father, and Mother (God) and God told me, they love all unconditionally.

Love Omnaka

When you say you "met Father, and Mother (God)", do you mean it literally? Or is it just a figurative speech?

What about extreme evil people, who harms innocent creatures of God? Won't God punish them? Should a parent feel bad and stop punishing her/his evil child, or should she think rationally and punish her/his children for harming other innocent creatures?

Labib

Labib

How terrible!

-Josh

Although there are differences of faith, all the Abrahamic religions agree that God wants us to worship Him.

That being said, shouldn’t the question be asked not only of Christians, but of Jews and Muslims also?

Although there are differences of faith, all the Abrahamic religions agree that God wants us to worship Him.

That being said, shouldn’t the question be asked not only of Christians, but of Jews and Muslims also?

No, Christians get "preferential" treatment here! ;)

No, Christians get "preferential" treatment here! ;)

Err...its not only christians. I have noticed that people of all faiths/forms of belief get bashed here by others and so on...one bashes the other, and then he bashes the other back, and it goes on like that. That's why instead of reacting to such post, my piece of advise is to always hit the report button if any attacks had been made. (Note: I am not reffering this to anyone on this topic).

Labib

When you say you "met Father, and Mother (God)", do you mean it literally? Or is it just a figurative speech?

What about extreme evil people, who harms innocent creatures of God? Won't God punish them? Should a parent feel bad and stop punishing her/his evil child, or should she think rationally and punish her/his children for harming other innocent creatures?

Labib

Labib

I don't believe there are evil souls. I believe in reincarnation so my theory is that people like Hitler probably came back and got murdered in horrible ways about a million times...just kidding..kinda. Seriously though, I do believe in karma and a lot of other things that would be a punishment for people that do evil things without them having to spend an eternity in burning fire. So I do believe there is punishment for the people that do bad things by not an eternal punishment and it's something that teaches not destroys the spirit.

Edit to add: Oh and I think that the Bible can be interprited any way the reader wants to in support of their beliefs. Like my theory is that the fire of hell is actually the symbolism of cleansing. Fire destroys but in it's place grows something new. So I don't think the fires of hell are litteral but they stand for the cleansing of the soul which a person can go through by being reborn to make up for past karma and to learn new things. :)

Edited by BrigitTheGreat