Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can a psychic tell who else is psychic

girlgodx

it may or may not be a stupid question, but i was wondering when psychics are out and about doing there daily business, when they are around other people if they can tell if they are around someone else with psychic abilities? like can they tell whether you are psychic too just by being near you? or talking to you ? can they tell what your ability levels are or are not? if they can is it like an obvious thing

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meiliken

• Plainbob13

• girlgodx

• InHuman

it may or may not be a stupid question, but i was wondering when psychics are out and about doing there daily business, when they are around other people if they can tell if they are around someone else with psychic abilities? like can they tell whether you are psychic too just by being near you? or talking to you ? can they tell what your ability levels are or are not? if they can is it like an obvious thing

yes. much the same way that someone that's full of crap can immediately identify someone else that's full of crap as well. ;)

Yeah. When psychics are around other psychics, they get a feeling of deja vu. I wouldn't say they'd be able to know others' powers or how strong they are by looking at them.

yes. much the same way that someone that's full of crap can immediately identify someone else that's full of crap as well. ;)

LMAO! Yep. Soul's BS meter is fine tuned.

If someone had true ability I'm sure they would be able to root out the fakers.

Actually, it is a good question, isn't it? Although like so many questions, having a keg handy improves it further.

Would it be like the polygraph? If somebody believed what they were saying, then would it "read" the same as if they were telling the truth?

Detectokinesis? No, detectovoyance. And would a detectovoyant be indistinguishable from a skeptic?

"I has powerz."

"No you don't, I has the powerz to tell." :)

This question kind of reminds me of Highlander.

In that movie the immortals can dense who are like them out of a crowd etc within a decent proximity.

Well, isn't being psychic have a strong clairvoyance? And if that psychic do so, does he/she will know someone who is psychic? Like a psychic will say, "Oh you must have 3 kids and blah blah blah!".

can they tell what your ability levels are or are not?

Probably depends on the psychic?

Most psychics just "sense" as i had observed those that i had seen that claims they're psychic, but I do not assure you that they are really psychic xD.

*Aren't we all psychics? But of different awareness and strength. Like we can all predict some things, some are just better than the other.

This question kind of reminds me of Highlander.

In that movie the immortals can dense who are like them out of a crowd etc within a decent proximity.

LOL! Thanks. "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!" :lol:

This is an easy one. I can spot a psychic a mile away and know instantly there not psychic :D

like how immortals cand sense each other on Highlander?

LOL i dont know , i havent seen the movie, ill have to rent it now !

I would have to say yes.

After meeting Lisa Williams in person... I could feel/sense her energy...

And she picked up on my little abilities too... she even picked up on the carpal-tunnel in both my wrists...

so absolutly...

Oh cool question. Never thought about that before. I would have to say yes??? I guess?? I mean if someone is truly psychic (if there is such a thing) then I guess another psychic would see that?

In my experience everybody who's psychic seems to think they are the only one. Anyone else must be a cheat or a liar or something. No fair.

You really haven't asked the question is enough detail. The 3 powers in order of level are divine, psionic, magick. Are we talking pagan magickal ability or psionic ability. A true psion will see a glow around another psion. Not sure how it is for a magick user.

Good question. I think if someone were psychic, they would be able to pick up on someone else who might be psychic as well. It might be just a tiny feeling or it could be a full blown out "I can see your aura" feeling type thing. Now that you made me think about it, I wonder if psychics can create some sort of shield around them ie. no one can pick up on their spiritual energy etc. if they didn't want anyone else to know that they were psychic. Just a curious thought.

Good question. I think if someone were psychic, they would be able to pick up on someone else who might be psychic as well. It might be just a tiny feeling or it could be a full blown out "I can see your aura" feeling type thing. Now that you made me think about it, I wonder if psychics can create some sort of shield around them ie. no one can pick up on their spiritual energy etc. if they didn't want anyone else to know that they were psychic. Just a curious thought.

Yes, a true psion can hide themselves from any and all outside intrusion. Be it demonic, angelic, another psion, what have you. It's a psi shield that I myself do to keep myself hidden from outside influences. Even were one strong enough to penetrate it, they will get false information. The last psychic that tried screamed in terror and lost her abilities for about a week. Now all her friends stay away from me. I warned her, she didn't believe me, and tried anyway. Why is it people don't follow warnings? If I say not to put a gun to your mouth and pull the trigger with a bullet in the chamber, would you do it? When people give warnings, they should follow them.

Yes, I've experienced this. In my experience, it's not so much something you figure out as it is sort of a given. I'm walking down the street and I simply kinda know, "That woman over there is psychic." My awareness seems to gravitate toward such people. I've had people walk up to me and give me psychic information. It's pretty intense. As if you had a good friend who'd just heard about a really bad fight you had with your girlfriend and he called you up and said, "Hey, she was totally off-base with her accusations--don't let it get to you," only, it's a random kid on a bike when you're walking home from the grocery store in the middle of the night and he rides up and tells you.

Also, if you're a psychic and you get a reading, the other psychic can tell. When I've read a gifted psychic it's been pretty obvious. The information tends to come a lot faster and can be a ton clearer than usual when reading another psychic. It kinda feels like this: as a psychic you're used to having this kind of invisible bird's eye view of people walking around preoccupied with their troubles and their mundane existence and suddenly you see someone looking straight up at you. Oh, hi!

All this stuff stems from the principle that reality has a flow and psychics are hooked into that flow, can see it, can anticipate its movements. When you encounter another person who is connected in this way, your awareness and theirs resonate and the net effect is stronger.

Everyone can. You do it everyday. Every time you see a person in the street or anywhere, you immediately reads the person. It is more intense between the opposite sex which leads to attraction. On same sex like men, it creates hostility.

eq: r u lookin at me?

I was going to say no to this. I have a wide range of "psychic abilities" quite random, inconsistent, but absolute and verifiable.They are most strong in clair audience/ clair voyance acording to tests, but all seem to involve being able to basically read anothers mind or know details about things/places through sense/knowing rather than a physical sense like sight.

Anyway. I test a lot of people and a suprising number have some ability. Yet i have never recognised nor been able to predict who they would be out of the groups i test.

Then i thought a bit more about it. Many of the people i read /sense or otherwise interact with physically, obviously do have some ability them selves. This often comes out in later discussion

eg "how come you were wearing those phantom pjs last night?"

"How did you know I was wearing them?

"Oh i astral travelled to your bedroom and just happened to see you wearing them"

Now when the secnd person doesnt start screaming abuseor runs away, but simply says "Oh Ok yea that would explain it" you often go on to find they accepted this because they had similar expereinces. Thus you find that you both have similar abilities.

LAst it occured to me that some people just look psychic.(There is a sense of disconnection from the physical world about them) I often find in discussons that this is indeed so, but sometimes they are just ancient hippies, still tripped out from reality.

Its a fascinating question. I think the answers will be as diverse as the people and "powers" which inhabit this intriguing "alternate reality"

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I've experienced this. In my experience, it's not so much something you figure out as it is sort of a given. I'm walking down the street and I simply kinda know, "That woman over there is psychic." My awareness seems to gravitate toward such people. I've had people walk up to me and give me psychic information. It's pretty intense. As if you had a good friend who'd just heard about a really bad fight you had with your girlfriend and he called you up and said, "Hey, she was totally off-base with her accusations--don't let it get to you," only, it's a random kid on a bike when you're walking home from the grocery store in the middle of the night and he rides up and tells you.

Also, if you're a psychic and you get a reading, the other psychic can tell. When I've read a gifted psychic it's been pretty obvious. The information tends to come a lot faster and can be a ton clearer than usual when reading another psychic. It kinda feels like this: as a psychic you're used to having this kind of invisible bird's eye view of people walking around preoccupied with their troubles and their mundane existence and suddenly you see someone looking straight up at you. Oh, hi!

All this stuff stems from the principle that reality has a flow and psychics are hooked into that flow, can see it, can anticipate its movements. When you encounter another person who is connected in this way, your awareness and theirs resonate and the net effect is stronger.

Nice to see someone giving good information. Kudos. :tu: