Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone interested in another experiment?

MysticOnion

I was thinking today that we might try another experiment - the last one wasn't a complete disaster it was only slightly disastrous.

The experiment I have in mind is to try to create a er... thoughtform/Tulpa/ghost.

What this would involve might be a bit difficult to grasp especially for a hardened skeptic because it involves making yourself believe and then completely turning that belief off.

I have done this before and I think it worked, perhaps a bit too well and I wasn't going to do it again because turning your belief on and off like that is an emmensely difficult thing to do. Its like ... you fully completely and totally believe in something say - God and then completely NOT believe in it after convincing yourself and investing time and energy and emotion... its difficult. Most people either believe or don't believe based on a logical deduction of facts, faith and conviction - however, can you just believe something till you are asked not to? Turn off your analytical thinking for a time?

Let me know if you're interested.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MysticOnion

• SoulFire

• Helen of Annoy

• Aanica

Top Posters In This Topic

The experiment I have in mind is to try to create a er... thoughtform/Tulpa/ghost.

The only way to create a ghost is through a death, so you want to kill some-one to see what happens?............ I'm in!, I have a few people in mind too.

I'm in. I gotta see how this is supposed to work.

The only way to create a ghost is through a death, so you want to kill some-one to see what happens?............ I'm in!, I have a few people in mind too.

ooh, ooh, i volunteer my ex-wife.

:huh: well, nevermind. on second thought, she would be able to haunt me then (even more than she already does).

No we're not going to kill anyone. The experiment is to create a ghost not to use one that already exists. LOL.

It will challenge how you believe things - cos its not a case of you deciding you believe or not - you must believe for the first part of it and then completely turn that around and just not believe in it at all. I know that you decide for yourself what you believe and dont believe but for the purposes of the experiment - to create a thoughtform - something that seems very very real. How real can you make it? Real enough to manifest? Real enough so you can actually see it, or more? Can you make it so real that other people can sense it or see it? What happens in a group situation? I dont think its ever been done on a forum before.

Edited by Oriana

One question:

First we have to believe in order to create it and then we have to switch that belief off so the form can start “living” its existence independently from us, the creators?

If I got that right, then how the hell we’ll know that our thought-form is “alive” if we switched our belief in it off? You have to start believing again in order to recognize its existence, otherwise we would write it off as something unrelated to our experiment.

Then, there’s another question too:

What happens if a group switches off and, say me, doesn’t? Wouldn’t that left me controlling your thought form, using your resources, completely oblivious of the situation thanks to “off” belief?

One question:

First we have to believe in order to create it and then we have to switch that belief off so the form can start “living” its existence independently from us, the creators?

If I got that right, then how the hell we’ll know that our thought-form is “alive” if we switched our belief in it off? You have to start believing again in order to recognize its existence, otherwise we would write it off as something unrelated to our experiment.

Then, there’s another question too:

What happens if a group switches off and, say me, doesn’t? Wouldn’t that left me controlling your thought form, using your resources, completely oblivious of the situation thanks to “off” belief?

No you switch off so the creation doesn't live. To believe is to make it live, to withdraw that is to effectively make it cease to exist. Yours is a good question - I don't think you'd be using my energy with that thoughtform - it would entirely be your own seeing as I wouldnt' believe in its existence.

No you switch off so the creation doesn't live. To believe is to make it live, to withdraw that is to effectively make it cease to exist. Yours is a good question - I don't think you'd be using my energy with that thoughtform - it would entirely be your own seeing as I wouldnt' believe in its existence.

I’m out.

I could give it a try to make myself believe enough but if I’d actually succeeded there’s no way I could stop believing.

Damn thing would linger on until I forget about it and I have scary good memory.

Me me me. I'll join XD. You know i posted a topic about this xD. So what will we do next?

I think you got the wrong definition of ghost we are talking about xD. Tulpa/thoughtform is more of a manifestation of the subconscious I think, but not sure xD.

Edit: Uhmm.. can you/we/somebody create a thoughtform programmed to have it's own mind. xD

Edited by nakajima01

Me me me. I'll join XD. You know i posted a topic about this xD. So what will we do next?

I think you got the wrong definition of ghost we are talking about xD. Tulpa/thoughtform is more of a manifestation of the subconscious I think, but not sure xD.

Edit: Uhmm.. can you/we/somebody create a thoughtform programmed to have it's own mind. xD

Yup!

I'm going to start a new thread and in this thread we are going to create the thoughtform/tulpa/ghost - ok? We need to pick a name, an age - a sex, what he/she/it looks like, everything basically.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=146945

Edited by Oriana