Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greek fighters scrambled to intercept UFO

UM-Bot

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
Declassified UFO files have revealed an incident in which fighter jets were scrambled to intercept a UFO that was reported in Greece when it was spotted following a passenger jet.

"Declassified government files have revealed fighter jets were scrambled to intercept a UFO that was following a Greek airline passenger jet.

In November 2007 the pilot of Olympic Airways flight 266 first spotted the UFO shortly after taking off from Athens en route to London. The flying object was also seen by staff at Athens airport, the pilots of two other passenger planes and people at a nearby air force base, The Sun newspaper reports. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: ninemsn.com.au

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• karl 12

• Mac E

• raphnix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice. It's always been the air force that encounters the UFOs.

I hope the aliens won't think that earth people are always at war with anyone.

I can't believe they said that they think it was the Planet Venus. Come on people!

Nice. It's always been the air force that encounters the UFOs.

I hope the aliens won't think that earth people are always at war with anyone.

No, a passenger jet was being followed by the UFO, so the report says. The fighter jets were scrambled to intercept. If it is the air force that "always" encounters UFOs, perhaps that is because air forces are the only organisations that possess supersonic aircraft with the capability to pursue such objects.

Without wanting to display too much of a hubristic attitude, I say that it's a good thing that any UFOs carrying potential alien invaders are aware that we as a race possess technology that might present enough of a threat to deter an attempted usurpation by such unwanted vistiors. I hypothesize that the reasons we have never been overthrown by an extraterrestrial species are:

a] Aliens do not exist, or

b] They are pussies who have reached earth by means of superior interstellar capabilities, yet are cowed by the might of our weaponry

With this in mind, I propose that an international diplomatic mission is launched, with the aim of conveying the message, "Come and have a go if you think you are hard enough".

Bring it on, if I have to go down I'm taking as many of them as I can.

edit: spelling

Edited by secondhand

man, these disclosure reports are starting to pile up.

Yes,it appears the Greek Government are trying to bury this one:

Now it can be revealed that the initial aviation authority report that documented this most interesting event and was brought to light by a number of Greek media outlets was mysteriously pulled off the web within days of being published and replaced by a heavily censored version.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=146434&hl=

I can't believe they said that they think it was the Planet Venus. Come on people!

That conclusion seems to be one of the 'official' explanations with many UFO cases. That and hallucinations galore.

Yes,its also interesting that the initial aviation authority UFO report (from 3 different aircraft) was completely pulled and replaced

with a 'heavily censored' version.

Theres an interesting film here dealing with the supression,censorship and manipulation of the UFO subject within the corporate media:

A mesmerizing account of his investigation into whether some of America's most influential news organizations, many having maintained close ties to the U.S. intelligence community, have willingly suppressed full and accurate news coverage of extraterrestrial related phenomena for a variety of "national-security" reasons.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=138129&hl=

Cheers.

Edited by karl 12

No, a passenger jet was being followed by the UFO, so the report says. The fighter jets were scrambled to intercept. If it is the air force that "always" encounters UFOs, perhaps that is because air forces are the only organisations that possess supersonic aircraft with the capability to pursue such objects.

Without wanting to display too much of a hubristic attitude, I say that it's a good thing that any UFOs carrying potential alien invaders are aware that we as a race possess technology that might present enough of a threat to deter an attempted usurpation by such unwanted vistiors. I hypothesize that the reasons we have never been overthrown by an extraterrestrial species are:

a] Aliens do not exist, or

b] They are pussies who have reached earth by means of superior interstellar capabilities, yet are cowed by the might of our weaponry

With this in mind, I propose that an international diplomatic mission is launched, with the aim of conveying the message, "Come and have a go if you think you are hard enough".

Bring it on, if I have to go down I'm taking as many of them as I can.

edit: spelling

Yeah sure! Like War of the Worlds right? If other civilisations do exist (though this is unproven, there is still a high possibility there is intelligent life in the universe and more advanced than ours) who have managed to master the laws of Science well enough to reach other worlds, you think they're going to come here to fight gorilla warfare or something? They could be millions of years more advanced than us.

They could be all around us little 3 dimensional animals and we wouldn't even be aware of it. Or even better, who knows what exists in this universe, we're still at the embryotic stage.

Its not all about brawns post-78849-1235556625.gif its about brains post-78849-1235556652.gif. I doubt you would even get a chance of popping your double barrel shotgun.