Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DreamRebel Plagiarism Issue Resolved

Saru

To conclude the recent plagiarism issues regarding member 'DreamRebel' , a system was devised this morning has been successful in removing the plagiarised content from all 1200 of his posts on this forum via changes to the site database. This has also been achieved without the deletion of anyone else's posts or topics.

Thanks to everyone who helped out by identifying plagiarised content and to those who originally brought these issues to our attention.

This matter is now considered to be fully resolved.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• fearfulone

• Scar

• worldwatcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Job in resolving the matter SaRuMaN, & thanks to ATS for letting us know. thumbsup.gif

Welcome Steve !!!

And well done Saru, This is the worst case Plagiarism I have ever witnessed. You done yourself proud thumbsup.gif

Toodle loo DR you will not be missed disgust.gif

thank you very much saruman, mentalcase and the rest of the staff here, I speak for myself but I am sure the other ATS members feel the same way, thank you again thumbsup.gif

I am amazed at how you all were able to

handle this situation so quickly, given

the magnitude of what happened.

You all are really awesome! thumbsup.gif

I read some of the content posted about this on the other site, and many there

had kind words for UM and Saruman.

They seem like a good bunch, and some

claim they really like this site and plan to remain members here and continue

posting with us!

Good time to put this behind us and move on.

But I have a couple questions if you

don't mind.

Do we need to worry that any of our

thoughts or posts have been taken to

the other site?

Do we need to check the other site when

posting a topic here so we do not post

almost exact same content in these

forums?

thanks!

Gazz

Edited by Gazz

Do we need to worry that any of our thoughts or posts have been taken to the other site?

I don't think so, as far as I know Dreamrebel only copied posts from there to here and not the other way around. If anyone does find any content from UM that he's posted to the other site however, please let me know as soon as possible.

Do we need to check the other site when posting a topic here so we do not post almost exact same content in these forums?

No, the problem wasn't to do with discussing things that have been covered on the other web site, the nature of the problem was that Dreamrebel was copying word for word other peoples personal experiences, opinions etc. and passing them off as his own. There is no need to check the other board before posting a topic here.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

thank you for resolving this issue so quickly

Sorry, did I miss something? I must have been out that day. Would anyone mind explaining? blink.gif

go here....Dream Rebel Thread

then here...Dream Rebel on ATS

and you'll be all up to date. whistling2.gif

Well. I am appalled that someone would be that brazen of a plagerist!!! I am amazed at Dreamrebels complete lack of honor. And I most heartly commend Saruman and all the other Mods of both sites for their quick work.