Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
psykeeper

Developing and triggering psychic powers.

psykeeper

I am fully aware of having psychic powers, and I've had undeniable evidence of them. (Unfortunately, none to be proven in a scientific way, yet! ;) ) I have been an empath psychic since 14 years old, so I have a lot of experience in that area. I do have the postcognitive ability to determine the events an object is connected with, but it's something I allow to happen naturally. I try not to force the passive abilities such as my empathy and postcognition. Although, I've recently noticed I had other powers without realizing it. I learned, over a few months to now, that I am also telepathic and precognitive, and I'm also capable of remote viewing. Because I've learned of these new powers, I've started meditating in my spare time, and at work even.

What is weird is that most of my powers seem to perform its mysteries mainly through my ears. I've always had a little voice inside my head talking to me at completely random times, and recently it's been giving me words or hints that are surprisingly specific to events that do end up happening. I'd sometimes have a conversation with myself that I end up having to repeat with someone else. That has happened to me all my life, but I never came to realize that the coincidences occur too often until I started writing down my thoughts and dreams.

I've also discovered my telepathy ability, thanks to my older sister. We go together to a salon to get our hair cut, and we chat while we wait. It just happened like wildfire one day at the salon, I "hear" what she says a few seconds later. I realize that this "wildfire effect" might be due to sibling telepathy. After that day, I've paid very close attention to my thoughts and what goes on in my thoughts when I idly think and/or converse with someone. So it turns out, I do pick up fragments of my friend's thoughts every now and then during a conversation.

One thing I might add to this that is kind of important is that I am hearing impaired. I use an hearing aid to hear well, and use sign language to communicate. That's why I find it odd that I "hear" things, rather than using my strongest sense, which is sight.

Now, about my remote viewing ability... Skeptics might enjoy this part. ;)

I've only recently started to experience remote-viewing. (in the fashion of seeing things through others' eyes and/or seeing things through my closed eyes.) I recorded my experiences, and I've noticed the recurring event in these occurrences, is when I am about to take a nap. I did some research on the stages of sleep, and learned that my remote viewing happens only when I'm in the hypnagogic stage of sleep. That stage is the transition of going from awake to asleep. I've experimented with ways to enter that stage and maintain it, but I've been successful so few times. I've noticed that repetitive or maintained auditory noises are the triggers, and help me maintain awareness as I fall asleep. (For example, the first time I became aware of the power was when I was on a plane, and I fell asleep to the drone of the plane's engine. I ended up reading the headline of a magazine from my neighbor's view.) One of the methods I've tried was placing a mentrome near my bed when I take a nap. The sound and rhythm of a mentrome does help keep me alert as I fall asleep, but the experiment has been successful 2 out of 15 times. Another method was to keep my thoughts going, talking to myself in my head if necessary, to keep myself alert while falling asleep. It was successful, but I haven't had a chance to repeat that method.

Now, with all that said: The whole point of this topic is- I want to gain a handle on these new powers, and use them voluntarily. I'm hoping there are others on here that can help me learn how to grab hold of these powers by the reins.

If you want to discuss or ask advice about other powers, feel free. :)

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I would recommend something fairly simple to do as a first step. Stop thinking about them as ‘powers’ and more as something that’s simply an extension of your senses and awareness. Thinking of them as powers comes from the ego and that will always interfere with how you fine tune and learn to extend your senses even more. If you think about the ego as a crude and biased filter (a function of comprehending and processing your thoughts, info, feelings, emotions) that likes to dumb down and only please/highlight to your consciousness what matters to you, regardless of what the truth or reality is outside of your own perception (your own little world). Then you can start to understand why learning to bypass it or putting it aside can open you up to so much more.

If you can manage to accept these things as just a part of you. Nothing special, nothing given, just what you already know and can do, ie, “intuition” then you are off to a good start. It sounds simple, but it's not always easy :tu:

drakonwick
I would recommend something fairly simple to do as a first step. Stop thinking about them as ‘powers’ and more as something that’s simply an extension of your senses and awareness. Thinking of them as powers comes from the ego and that will always interfere with how you fine tune and learn to extend your senses even more. If you think about the ego as a crude and biased filter (a function of comprehending and processing your thoughts, info, feelings, emotions) that likes to dumb down and only please/highlight to your consciousness what matters to you, regardless of what the truth or reality is outside of your own perception (your own little world). Then you can start to understand why learning to bypass it or putting it aside can open you up to so much more.

If you can manage to accept these things as just a part of you. Nothing special, nothing given, just what you already know and can do, ie, “intuition” then you are off to a good start. It sounds simple, but it's not always easy :tu:

Indeed Lady! Great post. :tu:

psykeeper

Totally agree!! :tu: Just didn't know what to call these other "senses," so I resorted for a lack of a better word, "powers."

I'm looking for ways to improve upon these "extra senses," and I'm asking others who experience the same things to give advice on fine-tuning these talents. Kind of like increasing observation skills by drawing. Artistic skills can't happen by accident all the time. :)

psykeeper

Another analogy I thought I'd use to explain what I'm asking with this thread: Think about the sense of smell. In order to use your sense of smell, you must inhale through the nose to activate your sense of smell. Wouldn't be able to smell if you didn't do so.

Now, with that analogy in mind, how do you "inhale" when it comes to telepathy? :)

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

My first reply still applies to your analogy if you're wanting to develop and fine tune your senses to their full potential :tu:

You need focus, intention (driving force) and the experience.

A good place to start would be to practise with someone who you already have a strong bond or connection with. I can't describe to you step by step as to how you would achieve it, only give you an idea to build on, for there really is no right or wrong way. The best method is what you can create or develop for yourself. So get ready to get creative.

Some find using visualisation or mental techniques to focus their point of intention works well. What you visualises is entirely up to you, although from what you've described you seem to be more dominate with your 'ears'. So perhaps you already know and understand how your awareness works regarding your ears. For instance, have a think about how you sense or pick up energy. Being able to sense and feel energy is the basic building block to any of this. And you might find it's rather difficult to explain to another person exactly how you feel or sense energy. Just that you do, eh. Or it comes naturally to you.

From there on, the next step is to basically tune into the person. Again this is a process that I can not describe. What is natural for one person may not work for another. This is also the beginning of controlling and using your senses when you specifically intend to. Take every opportunity to practise, you can practise a lot from just quietly observing and extending your 'awareness' out to size up other people. Have fun with it, make a game out of it. Rather than just having random experiences and occasions.

Getting in tune with someones thoughts requires you to connect with them (think back to basic energy manipulation here, ie sensing and feeling energy, another persons energy) And that can either be deliberately formed (as well as withdrawn) on your part or it just happens. You're not out to read the person per say, you just happen to experience being in sync with each others thoughts/mental level. So again, practising with people who you know to be in tune with you already is a good place to start.

And then we can't ignore empathy here either. It could be easy to be experiencing one and confuse it for the other - Telepathy is thoughts, Empathy is feelings. But in the way we process and read, thoughts and feelings can often become one or mixed up, since thoughts are connected to emotions or least can generate from emotion. So we have to contend with learning to recognise telepathy when it happens, same goes for empathy. There can be a lot to figure out in learning your own thoughts and feelings from others.

Finally something to be aware of at all times, your perception is your tune and throw on things, and that can be biased in how you interpret what your senses tell you. Just being aware of this can help you to not gallop off with your ego out of control. Just keep it in mind that when reading others, you are also going to be dealing with how they perceive and interpret their thoughts and feelings too. You have to be aware and learn to accommodate and translate between your perceptions and theirs to stay in the middle ground.

osazeet
My first reply still applies to your analogy if you're wanting to develop and fine tune your senses to their full potential :tu:

You need focus, intention (driving force) and the experience.

A good place to start would be to practise with someone who you already have a strong bond or connection with. I can't describe to you step by step as to how you would achieve it, only give you an idea to build on, for there really is no right or wrong way. The best method is what you can create or develop for yourself. So get ready to get creative.

Some find using visualisation or mental techniques to focus their point of intention works well. What you visualises is entirely up to you, although from what you've described you seem to be more dominate with your 'ears'. So perhaps you already know and understand how your awareness works regarding your ears. For instance, have a think about how you sense or pick up energy. Being able to sense and feel energy is the basic building block to any of this. And you might find it's rather difficult to explain to another person exactly how you feel or sense energy. Just that you do, eh. Or it comes naturally to you.

From there on, the next step is to basically tune into the person. Again this is a process that I can not describe. What is natural for one person may not work for another. This is also the beginning of controlling and using your senses when you specifically intend to. Take every opportunity to practise, you can practise a lot from just quietly observing and extending your 'awareness' out to size up other people. Have fun with it, make a game out of it. Rather than just having random experiences and occasions.

Getting in tune with someones thoughts requires you to connect with them (think back to basic energy manipulation here, ie sensing and feeling energy, another persons energy) And that can either be deliberately formed (as well as withdrawn) on your part or it just happens. You're not out to read the person per say, you just happen to experience being in sync with each others thoughts/mental level. So again, practising with people who you know to be in tune with you already is a good place to start.

And then we can't ignore empathy here either. It could be easy to be experiencing one and confuse it for the other - Telepathy is thoughts, Empathy is feelings. But in the way we process and read, thoughts and feelings can often become one or mixed up, since thoughts are connected to emotions or least can generate from emotion. So we have to contend with learning to recognise telepathy when it happens, same goes for empathy. There can be a lot to figure out in learning your own thoughts and feelings from others.

Finally something to be aware of at all times, your perception is your tune and throw on things, and that can be biased in how you interpret what your senses tell you. Just being aware of this can help you to not gallop off with your ego out of control. Just keep it in mind that when reading others, you are also going to be dealing with how they perceive and interpret their thoughts and feelings too. You have to be aware and learn to accommodate and translate between your perceptions and theirs to stay in the middle ground.

I,ll really want to learn how to make use of my psychic power if it thus exist, could some one put me through on how to go about this?