Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yet again, Global Warming...

Resonance

I am pretty sure that this topic has been gone over again and again....

But, I would just like to bring it up one more time.

In the next month the International Conference on Climate Change will be held in New York.

Among the tons of scientists, there are many who are against the idea of human caused global warming.

I would like to hear your guys' opinions on the subject.

Please keep it nice, and subtle, because i know this is a very touchy subject for some.

:)

I feel that overall, humans aren't causing the massive warm up that many claim. I know that 'some' of this warming trend is due to human interaction with the environment, but not all. I'm currently off my break at work, so i'll keep adding as people post.

thank you!!

LINK

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Resonance

• Cimber

• xris

• stevewinn

I am pretty sure that this topic has been gone over again and again....

But, I would just like to bring it up one more time.

In the next month the International Conference on Climate Change will be held in New York.

Among the tons of scientists, there are many who are against the idea of human caused global warming.

I would like to hear your guys' opinions on the subject.

Please keep it nice, and subtle, because i know this is a very touchy subject for some.

:)

I feel that overall, humans aren't causing the massive warm up that many claim. I know that 'some' of this warming trend is due to human interaction with the environment, but not all. I'm currently off my break at work, so i'll keep adding as people post.

thank you!!

LINK

Oh my this drip drip attempt at dismissing the global warming debate...just give us the numbers of those who dispute our involvement and the percentage.It has been confirmed again and again by the scientific community as a whole... its happening and we are causing it..

Oh my this drip drip attempt at dismissing the global warming debate...just give us the numbers of those who dispute our involvement and the percentage.It has been confirmed again and again by the scientific community as a whole... its happening and we are causing it..

Well, i'm sure you have evidence to help you back this claim up. As do I and many many other scientists. I wasn't asking for you to post what you think these scientists are attempting to do. I'm asking what your opinion is. Of course, you have made yours blatantly clear.

Oh my this drip drip attempt at dismissing the global warming debate...

Dismissing it? The entire purpose of this thread is to discuss it.

just give us the numbers of those who dispute our involvement and the percentage.

It would be nice to have a few sources from the OP. This is a science forum, after all.

It has been confirmed again and again by the scientific community as a whole... its happening and we are causing it..

So we hear. And yet, we also hear that it's happening, and that we are not causing it. Fortunately, the scientist arguing this position have sufficient support for their arguments to get a hearing in front of their colleagues, in the finest scientific tradition.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Well, i'm sure you have evidence to help you back this claim up. As do I and many many other scientists. I wasn't asking for you to post what you think these scientists are attempting to do. I'm asking what your opinion is. Of course, you have made yours blatantly clear.

Dunno if this would interest you. http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fus...5d-6e2d71db52d9

All your doing is starting another thread because you lost the others...You like your brothers in arms postulate but can never give me the renowned scientists who support your faith. Listen to me 97% of scientists think man has and is responsible for global warming..do you hear ???

Dismissing it? The entire purpose of this thread is to discuss it.

It would be nice to have a few sources from the OP. This is a science forum, after all.

So we hear. And yet, we also hear that it's happening, and that we are not causing it. Fortunately, the scientist arguing this position have sufficient support for their arguments to get a hearing in front of their colleagues, in the finest scientific tradition.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Well, first off, you keep stating the same thing xris. And no, i didn't 'lose' any debate, or anything pertaining to Global Warming.

Secondly, i am busy at work, otherwise i would sit here and cite every little tid bit of information i possibly could, but for you apparently, it would do no good.

I'm sorry aquatus, i will try my hardest to post links and cite my information to help discuss this.

Currently, i'm still at work.

So, here's another one.

Check this out.

If you bothered to find out the details 40% where weather men with no scientific background and the few scientists listed asked to have their names removed because their names where put there without their permission..So propaganda only works if your thick..

Here you all come out of your cosy little world of denial with not one shred of convincing evidence..

I'm sorry, as i stated in the Original post, i asked for posters to be subtle with their combacks and such, because as you can tell by your posts, people get a little heated when it comes to discussing this subject.

Xris, if you could honestly disregard all of the information pertaining to what i'm saying, then you apparently have no idea what you're talking about.

Please, discuss further with me, how you think you're correct.

What studies have 'you' yourself done?

What has brought you to this conclusion of global warming caused by humans?? Was it Mr. Al Gore?

Oh, that's right, you probably just heard it on the T.V, and said.. OMG... that's it!

So, please spare me your uneducated remarks, and discuss this like an adult.

Global warming, whether it's our fault or not is getting tiresome. It is a known fact that we are at least contributing to global warming, I think that is all the information we need at this point. In this day and age blatantly pumping greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere is irresponsible at best, and willfully ignorant as well. We can argue over the initial cause after we have done what we can to limit our own contributions to the problem. JMO :tu:

If you bothered to find out the details 40% where weather men with no scientific background and the few scientists listed asked to have their names removed because their names where put there without their permission..So propaganda only works if your thick..

Yet again, you should probably calm down.

Anyway, if you could please, 'prove to me' that these 'details' are correct..

40%.... prove it.

Global warming, whether it's our fault or not is getting tiresome. It is a known fact that we are at least contributing to global warming, I think that is all the information we need at this point. In this day and age blatantly pumping greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere is irresponsible at best, and willfully ignorant as well. We can argue over the initial cause after we have done what we can to limit our own contributions to the problem. JMO :tu:

That is an amazing opinion, and i agree completely. Thank you Slave2Fate!

I'm sorry, as i stated in the Original post, i asked for posters to be subtle with their combacks and such, because as you can tell by your posts, people get a little heated when it comes to discussing this subject.

Xris, if you could honestly disregard all of the information pertaining to what i'm saying, then you apparently have no idea what you're talking about.

Please, discuss further with me, how you think you're correct.

What studies have 'you' yourself done?

What has brought you to this conclusion of global warming caused by humans?? Was it Mr. Al Gore?

Oh, that's right, you probably just heard it on the T.V, and said.. OMG... that's it!

So, please spare me your uneducated remarks, and discuss this like an adult.

Subtle remarks when all your peddling is rumours and innuendos...Its accepted by 97 % of the scientific world we are responsible ,yet you deniers keep treading this same old path day after day..

Subtle remarks when all your peddling is rumours and innuendos...Its accepted by 97 % of the scientific world we are responsible ,yet you deniers keep treading this same old path day after day..

Well, that just shows you, 97% of humans, are completely gullible.

And, i would still like to see the proof behind your percentages. please....

Educate me.

Yet again, you should probably calm down.

Anyway, if you could please, 'prove to me' that these 'details' are correct..

40%.... prove it.

That is an amazing opinion, and i agree completely. Thank you Slave2Fate!

Google it... its there for you to find just like the evidence..it aint hard ..If you want to post again and again dont be suprised to find me waiting..

Well, that just shows you, 97% of humans, are completely gullible.

And, i would still like to see the proof behind your percentages. please....

Educate me.

You can fool most of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time..Just find new scientist and search global warming..Its all there even maties 650 fictitious scientists.

Here you all come out of your cosy little world of denial with not one shred of convincing evidence..

Xris. calm down. your going to have high blood pressure. the Link i posted was for the lad who started to topic to cast his eye over, it wasn't put up has any sort of proof. your jumping to conclusions.

In your first reply you say we are in denial with not one shred of evidence. like you failed to answer the question in the other thread. Show me the money. show me the conclusive evidence Man made C02 is the cause of global warming. :lol::D You cant because it doesn't exist. NOT ONE scientist can prove it THAT'S A FACT you and the "followers" are in denial about it.

Like i said before Kill the Thread. go on put the evidence on the table. :rolleyes:

Xris. calm down. your going to have high blood pressure. the Link i posted was for the lad who started to topic to cast his eye over, it wasn't put up has any sort of proof. your jumping to conclusions.

In your first reply you say we are in denial with not one shred of evidence. like you failed to answer the question in the other thread. Show me the money. show me the conclusive evidence Man made C02 is the cause of global warming. :lol::D You cant because it doesn't exist. NOT ONE scientist can prove it THAT'S A FACT you and the "followers" are in denial about it.

Like i said before Kill the Thread. go on put the evidence on the table. :rolleyes:

You know the figures and you know the percentages and you know science does not work in finites. You are playing politics for amusement and it would be amusing if it was not a serious subject.You know science has conclusively proven we are the major influence in global warming.Whatever i gave you it would fall on deaf ears so get your fur coat on the ice age is coming..

Google it... its there for you to find just like the evidence..it aint hard ..If you want to post again and again dont be suprised to find me waiting..

Yet again, no substantiating evidence at all.

You yourself need to prove to me that your idea towers over mine..

Is it too hard for you?

Anybody can google.. It's not that hard. People can make websites stating anything, therefore i wouldn't exactly agree with you on saying that 97% believes your side.

I understand that there 'is' substantiating evidence for both sides of the matter, i would just like you to show me this..

If you want to instantly start calling people stupid for believing one side or another, i would like you to prove how much more intelligent you are for believing one side.

:yes: And I have stressed over and over that just because some of us don't fall for the hype that is being pushed by the media does not mean we are neandethals that can't see the relevance that our species has had on the environment. I've been trying to protect the environment since waaayyy before most of the people on this board have been alive and while their parents were the first to use disposable diapers on them filling up the landfills. Now we have people buying water, of all things, sending trillions of those plastic bombs into the environment every day.

All I can say is...look into your own back yards before you criticize other people.

Edited by Michelle

You know the figures and you know the percentages and you know science does not work in finites. You are playing politics for amusement and it would be amusing if it was not a serious subject.You know science has conclusively proven we are the major influence in global warming.Whatever i gave you it would fall on deaf ears so get your fur coat on the ice age is coming..

Like I say Xris. Show me the figures. where is the irrefutable evidence admit it. google isn't helping either is it :D . it's no wonder you cant directly answer the question. Your doing a good job of ducking and diving. But that's not your fault, because the proof you crave isn't available, non existent.

Well you know Mr. Xris.... You're going to start giving yourself a reputation like timfix did...

Speaking out your ... rear end, with no substantial evidence.... of course, there is evidence to help your side, you just have yet to provide any....

the beef I have with the 'skeptics' is that so many of them have been funded by the oil companies.

Global Warming Skeptics: A Primer

Guess who's funding the global warming doubt shops?

Posted: 19-Dec-2006; Updated: 28-Aug-2007

In 1998, Exxon devised a plan to stall action on global warming. The plan was outlined in an internal memo that promised, "Victory will be achieved when uncertainties in climate science become part of the conventional wisdom" for "average citizens" and "the media." (Read the memo [PDF].)

The company would recruit and train new scientists who lack a "history of visibility in the climate debate" and develop materials depicting supporters of action to cut greenhouse gas emissions as "out of touch with reality."

While there is no indication that ExxonMobil paid the climate skeptics directly and the scientists may have their own motivations for participating, the company poured millions of dollars into spreading its message worldwide. Here's where some of that money went.

The following information is from Exxon documents and the organizations' web sites. (Specific sources and links are listed below the table.)

http://www.edf.org/article.cfm?ContentID=4870

Edited by Lt_Ripley

All your doing is starting another thread because you lost the others...You like your brothers in arms postulate but can never give me the renowned scientists who support your faith. Listen to me 97% of scientists think man has and is responsible for global warming..do you hear ???

Not sure where you got that number, but you're wrong. There's tens of thousands of scientists that openly dispute the AGW theory, and who knows how many more that can't speak up in fear of being fired over it.

I love how some are criticizing one person for not providing any 'evidence' when you have provided none yourself. Aquatus made a great point and its the same point I tried to make in the other Global Warming thread. This is a science forum. Provide evidence for your claim. No one has been able to do it to a suitable degree.

Why start a thread now, then come up with an excuse as to why you didn't put support for your claim in the original introductory post? Why not wait until you were done with work and had a robust and strong thread going?

Post scholarly research, not backwash from other biased sites.

Edited by Cimber