Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

willfully creating coincidence ?

GeorgiaDave

Hello from Georgia,

As A new member to this forum, I would like to start with an introduction. My name is Dave, from Georgia. I am a Christian, 39 years old and married with two kids. I am an Iron Worker and a Sprinkler Fitter by trade and am involved in other side work as well. I am a conservitive by nature yet have always had a very open mind and have a vast number of interests including Biblical study, dogs, space, and more recently the possibility of "learning" the paranormal.

I have recently gone through my "mid life crisis" in which many life changing occourences have taken place. I know that some of these changes came from within, yet some came from somewhere else. My particular interest right now is the effect that coincidence has on ones life and decisions. I am aware that this can be argued from both sides of belief, but as a grounded individual, I do believe what is presented as undeniable fact. I am sure there are some who can relate to this in the context of not having seen or heard from someone in a long time, and after thinking of them or perhaps mentioning them in conversation they reappear in a mysterious manner. This has happened to me many times and I can recall most of them quite vividly. There are also times that we come across a particular person and soon realize the "reason" and are completely blown away by the relavence. Perhaps we have been at a particular place at a given moment because we felt led to be there for no preconceived reason only to find that there actually was a powerfull need to be exactly there precisely then. The examples similiar to these are numerous and some quite personal.

My question is can we willfully creat coincidence, or in doing so does that then become something other than what is a "coincidence". Are we able to purposely and knowingly align ourselves in such a way to achieve the " right place, right time" goal that we are hoping to find. I have recently experienced this a few times before I noticed that it seems to have been done on purpose. I am in no way claiming to be a physcic, but the rate of these type occourences has recently escalated to a point that they can no longer be simply dismissed. Maybe it is all "coincidental" yet it has been very real. This has been witnessed a few times by my close friend and "brother from another mother" and has left him shaking his head and holding up his hands.

I look forward to hearing some different views and hopefully someone here can possibly relate on a personal level. I am a big, strong and stable guy, so do not feel the need to hold back in fear of offending or upsetting me in any way. Please share you thoughts openly. Thank you for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for all responses.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Meiliken

• John from Lowell

• SkullofBears

• Voyager10

I think that "willful creation" is like "The Secret" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(2006_film)) that says that whatever you think is what you're attracting into your life. It has some other stuff as well that can't really be measured, such as belief, thus if the method fails then it was part on the user and not on the method. I never tried it, but I don't know anyone that succeeded with that method alone. I don't think that creating situations is easy to do.

You say that these special coincidences have happened to you a number of times and that you can recall them vividly. I'm pretty sure those were pretty odd events and they certainly did happen, but you only remember them so vividly because they were so strange and not because they were paranormal. If you consider all the times that you've thought "I hope," "I wish," "wouldn't it be strange," "I haven't seen this person in..." "I wonder how he/she is..." throughout your lifetime and the times that nothing has come of it, then you have a pretty accurate representation of how likely it is for you to create coincidences. The problem is that you probably don't remember every time you've hoped for something or thought about someone that you haven't seen because thinking about these things are not strange enough to make your brain remember them vividly.

Also, if you're just seeing an increase in strange occurences only recently, then maybe you have done something to change it. Have you been going to different places or trying new things, or just been more active recently, then that might explain why more coincidental events are popping up.

So in my opinion, the answer to your question is probably no and yes. I don't know if anyone can use mostly psychic power to cause coincidences and I find it highly unlikely. I definitely do think that if a large number of coincidences have been happening to you recently, then it has been in part due to something that you have changed.

Hi and welcome!

I know your question goes deeper than this, but just by definition, no they cannot be willfully created.

co⋅in⋅ci⋅dence

   /koʊˈɪnsɪdəns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [koh-in-si-duhns] Show IPA

–noun

1. a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance: Our meeting in Venice was pure coincidence.

2. the condition or fact of coinciding.

3. an instance of this.

Origin:

1595–1605; coincid(ent) + -ence

Synonyms:

1. accident, luck, fate.

Dictionary.com Unabridged

Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.

Cite This Source

I think its possible to make yourself be in the right place at the right time, but not directly. I think that first you have to find a path that feels right on a level that is beyond just consciously willing yourself, one that you follow without even thinking about because its natural to you, and that will path will guide you to the right place and time without you even realizing it.

My question is can we willfully creat coincidence, or in doing so does that then become something other than what is a "coincidence". Are we able to purposely and knowingly align ourselves in such a way to achieve the " right place, right time" goal that we are hoping to find. I have recently experienced this a few times before I noticed that it seems to have been done on purpose. I am in no way claiming to be a physcic, but the rate of these type occourences has recently escalated to a point that they can no longer be simply dismissed. Maybe it is all "coincidental" yet it has been very real. This has been witnessed a few times by my close friend and "brother from another mother" and has left him shaking his head and holding up his hands.

I look forward to hearing some different views and hopefully someone here can possibly relate on a personal level. I am a big, strong and stable guy, so do not feel the need to hold back in fear of offending or upsetting me in any way. Please share you thoughts openly. Thank you for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for all responses.

Dave

Hello Dave,

It is my understanding that the all knowing spiritual Self is always active in a person's life for a wide range of reasons. Most of us are more comfortable with seeing this involvement as "coincidence'. Yet how many times does this need to happen before we start to consider those other reasons.

In your case, I suspect that you are being asked to involve yourself more fully in the co-creation of your life.

John

Sounds more like syncronicity or a sort of general manifestation. I've never looked into this, but I've read of many comments by people who've experienced syncronicity though such things as amulets, hypnosis mp3s, spells, rituals or energy work.

Karma appears to be held in the throat chakra and manifestation in the heart chakra. You should probably make sure your throat chakra is clear and your heart chakra is in good condition. I've read that there's actually some kind of "magic tree" just bellow the heart chakra that "grants your wishes". Practise mind control when you open it so you don't manifest bad outcomes.

Your aura also may influence attraction. It's best to have it cleaned and possitively programed to attract the right results. Do some energy work or find a good healer. Maybe take up reiki and find some good attunements to clear the aura and chakras.

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds more like probability alteration. The probability for example of a car crash where the person inside dies 100%, or changing the probability of them dying to 50/50 or better. I'd have to say yes and no. Usually, the more someone believes something, the more they will make it happen. That's like someone who is afraid they're going to be fired from their job, so they inadvertently do things to get themselves fired. A self fulfilling prophecy. That's a gross example of course, but it can be attributed to every part of life. Now with quantum physics, if there is a multiverse of realities based on probability, then the outcome can always be changed, because no matter what happens, it is happening somewhere. Perhaps so, perhaps not. Study it, you might find it interesting. :tu:

There's an old military adage: If something happens once, it's an accident; if it happens twice, it's a coincidence; three times--it's enemy action!

There's an old military adage: If something happens once, it's an accident; if it happens twice, it's a coincidence; three times--it's enemy action!

Heh, fool me once, shame on you, fool me five to six times, shame on me. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Heh, fool me once, shame on you, fool me five to six times, shame on me. :lol:

i already knew about "the secret" years before it came out, when it did i felt like my secret was revealed. i knew about it since i was born and i live by it..

and yes it does work. but its complicated.

uh i havew had many coincidential things, that were from god..its intentional from heaven.. the way things need to be... its not your every day thing and it does open your eyes.. but its what is needed

i wouldnt bother even buying the book myself since ive always known. if i did skip through chapters id come across alot of farmiliar things i already knew. id return it

Mhmm, I saw "The Secret" mentioned here a few times which reminded me of a post I made ages ago, regarding the OP maybe you'll find this interesting -> Mind Crippling Topic. I'm not entirely sure how I view this topic now but who knows, maybe you'll understand something I didn't.