Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Burns

min baerlon

what's your opinion on this situation.

you go to bed. you wake up, you go to the bathroom and you happen to notice a brown .. patch.. of skin on your arm so you look at it and it is a perfect geometrical triangle so you touch it and it falls off and underneath is a triangle shaped area of skin that is extremely painful and raw, that looks like it has a perfect circle scooped out of it, and underneath the whole width of the triangle, is a very small skinny rectangle, perfectly geometrical. so you put a bandaid over the raw skin and it is EXTREMELY painful, so much so it radiates pain down your arm, so you take the bandaid off.

and you go to the doctor and he tells you its a burn and asks you how you got it, and you tell him your story, and he has no idea. says he has never heard of the like.

you've searched your entire bed area to see if there is anything that could possibly leave that shape on your skin. of course there isn't

how did you get it? keep in mind that it is VERY painful, and you're not on medication of any kind. you're not under the influence of any chemcials. You're not a light sleeper, so if you somehow managed to hurt yourself while sleeping, you'd more than likely wake up. You do not sleep walk, never have in your entire life. and there is nothing around your bed to make a PERFECTLY geometrical mark/burn. And the little .. patch.. of skin fell off as soon as you touched it, like it had been placed there to cover the raw/scooping. and you still have a scar from it.

Don't forget, you're not one to easily believe in "aliens" or anything. All the research I've done points to abduction, especially due to the fact of the "circle" seems like it was scooped out.

The only theories I can actually consider believing are maybe government abduction (for what I have no idea, just some poor white girl living in the cincinnati area) or possibly some sort of random geometric spontaneous combustion?

Please tell me any thoughts you have on this.

• Like 1

what's your opinion on this situation.

you go to bed. you wake up, you go to the bathroom and you happen to notice a brown .. patch.. of skin on your arm so you look at it and it is a perfect geometrical triangle so you touch it and it falls off and underneath is a triangle shaped area of skin that is extremely painful and raw, that looks like it has a perfect circle scooped out of it, and underneath the whole width of the triangle, is a very small skinny rectangle, perfectly geometrical. so you put a bandaid over the raw skin and it is EXTREMELY painful, so much so it radiates pain down your arm, so you take the bandaid off.

and you go to the doctor and he tells you its a burn and asks you how you got it, and you tell him your story, and he has no idea. says he has never heard of the like.

you've searched your entire bed area to see if there is anything that could possibly leave that shape on your skin. of course there isn't

how did you get it? keep in mind that it is VERY painful, and you're not on medication of any kind. you're not under the influence of any chemcials. You're not a light sleeper, so if you somehow managed to hurt yourself while sleeping, you'd more than likely wake up. You do not sleep walk, never have in your entire life. and there is nothing around your bed to make a PERFECTLY geometrical mark/burn. And the little .. patch.. of skin fell off as soon as you touched it, like it had been placed there to cover the raw/scooping. and you still have a scar from it.

Don't forget, you're not one to easily believe in "aliens" or anything. All the research I've done points to abduction, especially due to the fact of the "circle" seems like it was scooped out.

The only theories I can actually consider believing are maybe government abduction (for what I have no idea, just some poor white girl living in the cincinnati area) or possibly some sort of random geometric spontaneous combustion?

Please tell me any thoughts you have on this.

Do you have a picture of it?

I wouldn't say it was a government abduction - I think they'd be more careful than to leave such an obvious clue - I don't know about aliens, there's a lot of debate as to whether or not they even exist.

Do you have a picture of it?

I wouldn't say it was a government abduction - I think they'd be more careful than to leave such an obvious clue - I don't know about aliens, there's a lot of debate as to whether or not they even exist.

No I don't. It was about 4 years go. I was only 19. I didn't have a camera then ;-). I could take a picture of the scar... But it's pretty vague, it could be a scar of anything. I didn't even occur to me to take a picture. It was one of those sleepy moments when you're like "what is that on my arm" and I touched it and it fell off... Never found that piece of skin... See I'm not one to believe aliens even exist.. that's why i'm having such a hard time with this whole experience.

No I don't. It was about 4 years go. I was only 19. I didn't have a camera then ;-). I could take a picture of the scar... But it's pretty vague, it could be a scar of anything. I didn't even occur to me to take a picture. It was one of those sleepy moments when you're like "what is that on my arm" and I touched it and it fell off... Never found that piece of skin... See I'm not one to believe aliens even exist.. that's why i'm having such a hard time with this whole experience.

I've learned that you can slowly burn yourself. Its' weird, but you don't even feel it. It's like slowly cooking your skin. Normally, we think of touching something hot, and yelling and feeling pain. But if you have something warm enough to destroy tissue, you may not notice a serious burn til much later, as seems to be your case. Try to think of what you could have had strapped to, or against your arm, that was hot, but not OUCH hot for a prolonged period of time.

I've learned that you can slowly burn yourself. Its' weird, but you don't even feel it. It's like slowly cooking your skin. Normally, we think of touching something hot, and yelling and feeling pain. But if you have something warm enough to destroy tissue, you may not notice a serious burn til much later, as seems to be your case. Try to think of what you could have had strapped to, or against your arm, that was hot, but not OUCH hot for a prolonged period of time.

I strap nothing to myself ever :-). I worked a a customer service place. Nothing. I mean I can understand that, and besides that wouldn't explain the "scooping" of the flesh from the middle. Nothing in that pattern anyways, it was very small. I mean I don't doubt your explanation, but it doesn't fit my scenario.. anything else you can think of?

I just had a thought - maybe your doctor didn't know what it was. There are some skin diseases that have odd effects like that. I suffer from psoriasis, and nobody knew what that was till I was well in my teens. You don't think your doctor could have been mistaken about a strange skin disease that (lucky for you) didn't go any further than just your arm?

I just had a thought - maybe your doctor didn't know what it was. There are some skin diseases that have odd effects like that. I suffer from psoriasis, and nobody knew what that was till I was well in my teens. You don't think your doctor could have been mistaken about a strange skin disease that (lucky for you) didn't go any further than just your arm?

I'm sure it's possible. Trust me, I'm not one to shout "aliens". I'd much rather blame the government or ghosts hahaha. It had never happened before or since then. And he positively identified it as a burn, and marked it in my chart notes. He said he had never heard of the way it happened... someone being burnt without being burned. It was just very strange. I wouldn't have thought as much of it if it hadn't been perfectly geometrical. I mean it was a perfect triangle. A perfect circle. And a perfect rectangle. If it was just shapeless or blotchy then I wouldn't have had a second thought. It's just weird that it was perfectly shaped and that little patch of skin just fell right away when i touched it, like it had been placed on there to cover it up. I could wish for some rare weird disease, like the one that makes the "fibers" grow out of your skin.... But I'm thinking it's not.

Edited by min baerlon

What about a slow chemical burn? Could you have pressed your arm against something in the day, which reacted slowly overnight?

What about a slow chemical burn? Could you have pressed your arm against something in the day, which reacted slowly overnight?

I don't see where? Especially with it being a very precsise pattern. It didn't happen any other time, so my bed is out of the question. It was summer so I had on short sleeves, so clothing is out of the question. My car has plenty of room and it hasn't happened since. I sat in the same chair every day at work in my customer service job. So... I mean, I understand what you're saying and I've thought about this for 4 years and NOTHING makes sense to me. I mean, the day before was a normal day, woke up went to work came home went to bed. So it'd stand to reason, that if I had pressed up against something, it'd be something I press against daily, and it would have happened before or since. AND not to mention the fact, a chemical burn wouldn't explain the missing chunk of flesh located under the "patch" of skin.

Where is the rectangle in relation to the scooped circle? Was it a scoop as well, or what was the rectangle? Can you draw us a picture or so?

I'm just curious :)

does this work? It was on my left arm about 3 inches up from my elbow. If you can't view it, i'll try to figure it out later. But the circle was inside the triangle,and the rectangle was the exact width of the triangle and placed directly underneath. Only the circle was a "scoop" Or indented if you prefer. The surrounding triangle part was just raw, as was the rectangle, but the rectangle was very small and insignificant in relation to the triangle/circle.

scar.doc

Edited by min baerlon

does this work? It was on my left arm about 3 inches up from my elbow. If you can't view it, i'll try to figure it out later. But the circle was inside the triangle,and the rectangle was the exact width of the triangle and placed directly underneath. Only the circle was a "scoop" Or indented if you prefer. The surrounding triangle part was just raw, as was the rectangle, but the rectangle was very small and insignificant in relation to the triangle/circle.

Pretty odd.

But my bet is some chemical or heat issue, in that shape. Very odd. Maybe one of those one in a million things.

I can't open the doc, but that's ok, I get the gist of what you're describing. The scoop seems to be the sort of thing some people have experienced when they believe they've been abducted.

When you say it hurt like mad, was it like a bad burning sensation, as if you had a drop of corrosive acid there? I think that would negate a theory of it being a burn since that deadens the nerve endings somewhat, whereas a slice or a cut leaves the nerve endings raw.

When you say it hurt like mad, was it like a bad burning sensation, as if you had a drop of corrosive acid there? I think that would negate a theory of it being a burn since that deadens the nerve endings somewhat, whereas a slice or a cut leaves the nerve endings raw.

It was more of a raw hurting. I mean, it hurt for a bandaid to touch it. It hurt for water to run down it in the shower. It definitely felt more like a cut than a burn. I've had several of each. I can't say I've ever had a chemical burn though.

I mean I doubt I'll ever know the truth. I want something rational I can believe, but at the same time I'm kind of scared of the answer.

Yes I have read about the scooping/abduction thing. But you'd think I'd have some sort of recollection of that. I showed my friend and she said the shape of it looks like something on the sleeve of a soldier. But then, I could drive myself crazy with the "why me" 's. *Sigh* Personally, if I were to abduct someone, it'd be a person of importance or extreme interest. High profile public officials. Hollywood stars. Musicians. Authors. It wouldn't be some average hill billy.......

I was also talking to her about some extremely vivid nightmares/night paralysis I've been having, and I've determined that it has been after this "incident". Which I'm not correlating them. It's probably coincidence. She's very intelligent and a skeptic and she says that if she were in my shoes she'd correlate them.

But I've always had nightmares and extremely... weird... dreams. Even as a child, so that could have just developed into these horrid dreams.

I've had 2 similar wounds that I have seen.

One was my DOG! Of all things...she was laying on the floor of the moving van I was driving, seemingly fine. But the heat from the transmission under the uncarpeted floor, actually after about 5 or 6 hours, caused a burn, that a few days later caused dead skin to fall off and leave raw flesh underneath. It was nasty, and didn't hurt until about 2 days AFTER teh burn.

The other was me. I had some chemicals applied to my skin. Painless. Like paint. A few hours later, after the "paint" was gone, it left an amazingly painful burn, like I put a cigarette out on my skin, and the flesh actually came off in a "scoop" if you will, leaving a little divot. Gross.

I'm just saying this sounds like it could easily be physical, and not paranormal. But still, quite a mystery.

I'm just saying this sounds like it could easily be physical, and not paranormal. But still, quite a mystery.

Oh I definitely agree. I'd LOVE to figure it out one day and it be something stupid and mundane. I'm also a spaz :-) and an Aquarius, so I have to consider all opitions, while being practical and spazzy! And like I said, if it wouldn't have been so geometrical, I wouldn't even wonder about it. I have no pets, no plants, I don't smoke, I didn't drink at that time. I've also been burned by the exhaust of a lawnmower (and random other things, including cigarettes).

I'm just saying, I'm VERY accident prone, and I can tell you how every single one of my injuries/incidents have occured.

This one just strikes me as weird and I wanted to get others' opinions on it and see if anyone had ever had anything else. I found a website once and of course she claimed "abduction". And all her pictures were of bruises.... which, of course, I'm not going to believe anything weird about bruises.

I really appreciate everyone's time and attention and comments.

the real world is like the dream world sometimes it leaks, some unexplained are just our own actions taking its path in physical world....

maybe you should leave it heal itself or find something or someone who can heal it....

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have also woken up with a strange burn! Almost two years ago, I began to take a morning shower like usual, and in the mirror I noticed a quarter sized oval burn under my bell button. It was very sore and definitely a burn. I hadn't done anything unusual the day before and it was too severe to be rug burn or anything simple like that. It was bad enough that I would have noticed injuring myself, but I never did. I have a slight scar and the skin there is very smooth and won't grow any hair, characteristic of a burn.

I know this is an old thread, but I have also woken up with a strange burn! Almost two years ago, I began to take a morning shower like usual, and in the mirror I noticed a quarter sized oval burn under my bell button. It was very sore and definitely a burn. I hadn't done anything unusual the day before and it was too severe to be rug burn or anything simple like that. It was bad enough that I would have noticed injuring myself, but I never did. I have a slight scar and the skin there is very smooth and won't grow any hair, characteristic of a burn.

Did you have associated sleep paralysis like event associated with it? Were you sleeping in a room with no curtains and/or and open window? Was it during the summer?

Okay, it's an old thread but I just happened to watch a new programme on SKY in the UFO week special and someone says that they had "whay many refer to as a scoop mark on my right arm". It's Thomas Reed, one of two brothers who had a more than one UFO encounter/experience.

It reminded me of the OP....." that looks like it has a perfect circle scooped out of it,"....the tv shows the circular scoop scar.

Edit - Wow, just found these photos http://www.rense.com/general38/scoop.htm

Edited by crypto-ufologist

It's Thomas Reed, one of two brothers who had a more than one UFO encounter/experience.

Fixed that for you:

It's Thomas Reed, one of two brothers who claimed that he had a more than one UFO encounter/experience.

Fixed that for you:

It's Thomas Reed, one of two brothers who claimed that he had a more than one UFO encounter/experience.

No, it's beyond reasonable doubt that something extraordinary did occur. The MUFON team investigated and found the SUV to be radiactive, also magnetised with around $2000 of electrical equipment damage. This brother also had puncture wounds on his chest.

The issue is whether the UFOs are ET or something else, as the MUFON investigators try to stress. The total evidence as a whole doesn't fit ET imv, which unfortunately is the prevailing hypothesis by the masses. Even the witness drew an 'insectoid' creature from the incident when he was a kid. This is what UFOs are imv, earth-evolved insectoids with some super abilities, one of which is production of ultrasound. I'm writing an ebook on it.

Edited by crypto-ufologist

of the pics in the link above, most of those 'scoop marks' look like mosquito bites with the scab scratched off them

some of the pics look like chicken pox scars, and some are other dermatological issues that probably have very normal explanations

• Like 2

of the pics in the link above, most of those 'scoop marks' look like mosquito bites with the scab scratched off them

some of the pics look like chicken pox scars, and some are other dermatological issues that probably have very normal explanations

The point is that the recipients didn't have them the night before. Yes, some won't be genuine, but just saying the obvious doesn't fit with their accounts on the whole. I used to dismiss such claims, but the evidence of a UFO connection is mounting imv. Maybe the 'insectoids' are curious and 'taste' flesh to determine what a sleeping entity is?

• 2 weeks later...