Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Fat Chav' Insurance Claim Form Leaked

sarah snow

Insurance giant AIG has launched an investigation after the form - complete with a cartoon drawing of the accident scene - began doing the rounds on the internet.

An AIG spokesman said: "We take any potential breach of data security very seriously and we are actively conducting a full investigation into this matter."

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090219/tuk-fa...ed-45dbed5.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FairyJosie25

• sarah snow

• faraway

• Bez

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but as un-PC as this guy was, it sounds like the types of scams we get here - if you rear-end someone it's automatically your fault, because (supposedly) you were following too closely.

Some "people" *ahem* here in the States will deliberately take out or disconnect their brake lights, and then stop suddenly, and the poor bas**** who's behind them is the unlucky person who has no idea they're stopping, and then rear-ends them, even though most likely, they weren't following too close.

Boom, they get blamed, and the lovely people who perpetuate the scam are smart enough to put the brake lights back in (or re-connect the wires) so that when the police get there, oh look! they work, and then it's your word against theirs.... and conveniently, they always seem to have another person in the car who's their "witness".

Basically, if you're the unlucky person who hits them, you get screwed... and they get off scot free. :no:

I totally agree on that one, and sadly the compensation culture is growing over here in the UK as well.

I think the big issue with this story is the fact that confidential paperwork- including the names of both parties- has been placed on the Internet and is a BIG breach of Data Protection laws. I sense a big law suit coming on.....and whoever leaked this is in deep doo-dah with their employer, and rightly so :lol::lol:

Edited by Jam Jar Groupie

I think the big issue with this story is the fact that confidential paperwork- including the names of both parties- has been placed on the Internet and is a BIG breach of Data Protection laws. I sense a big law suit coming on.....and whoever leaked this is in deep doo-dah with their employer, and rightly so :lol::lol:

Oh, definitely. As funny as whoever got this report thought it was, they shouldn't have put it on the internet. Or, if nothing else, at least have had the sense to delete the names and identifying information, so it's not quite as bad! :rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but as un-PC as this guy was, it sounds like the types of scams we get here - if you rear-end someone it's automatically your fault, because (supposedly) you were following too closely.

Some "people" *ahem* here in the States will deliberately take out or disconnect their brake lights, and then stop suddenly, and the poor bas**** who's behind them is the unlucky person who has no idea they're stopping, and then rear-ends them, even though most likely, they weren't following too close.

Boom, they get blamed, and the lovely people who perpetuate the scam are smart enough to put the brake lights back in (or re-connect the wires) so that when the police get there, oh look! they work, and then it's your word against theirs.... and conveniently, they always seem to have another person in the car who's their "witness".

Basically, if you're the unlucky person who hits them, you get screwed... and they get off scot free. :no:

I'd only do this to someone really following too closely. Whenever I get tailgated, (on a two lane road with traffic in the other direction,) I slow down and put my blinker on to the right. When I'm at about 5 mph, I click the blinker off and speed up to about 30...then do it again and again until they back off. If they make any "cmon!" movements, my finger waves at them.

I'd only do this to someone really following too closely. Whenever I get tailgated, (on a two lane road with traffic in the other direction,) I slow down and put my blinker on to the right. When I'm at about 5 mph, I click the blinker off and speed up to about 30...then do it again and again until they back off. If they make any "cmon!" movements, my finger waves at them.

LOL I do stuff like that, too..... I mean, seriously, I'm in the right hand lane, the SLOW lane. The left lane is WIDE open for you to go around me... so why the hell are you tailgating me??!! Jerks.

But my example is more about people who deliberately do that for the scam... cause then they get an insurance settlement. <_<