Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cloud seeding causes heavy snow in China

UM-Bot

snowshovel.jpg
Several highways around China's capital Beijing were closed on Thursday after a torrent of heavy snow caused by the seeding of clouds with chemicals.

"China closed 12 highways around the capital Beijing on Thursday because of heavy snow brought on after seeding clouds with chemicals, state media said on Thursday. All outbound highways were closed in Hebei, the drought-hit northern province surrounding Beijing, after heavy snow fell on Wednesday night, Xinhua news agency said."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Reuters

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RickyPrescott

• ExpandMyMind

• kurogawa_ryuu

• chrisfreak

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

snowshovel.jpg

Several highways around China's capital Beijing were closed on Thursday after a torrent of heavy snow caused by the seeding of clouds with chemicals.

"China closed 12 highways around the capital Beijing on Thursday because of heavy snow brought on after seeding clouds with chemicals, state media said on Thursday. All outbound highways were closed in Hebei, the drought-hit northern province surrounding Beijing, after heavy snow fell on Wednesday night, Xinhua news agency said."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: Reuters

Lol, that's what you get when you mess with mother nature!

What happened was a good thing. To help the draught.

Doesn't mean it doesn't scare the hell out of me, though.

"The snow has brought moisture to the soil, which may help end the drought," Guo Yingchun, a senior engineer of the provincial meteorological observatory, was quoted as saying.

Beijing is enduring its longest drought in 38 years, according to weather bureau records.

this is quite amazing really. manipulating weather to be beneficial.

Edited by expandmymind

What happened was a good thing. To help the draught.

Doesn't mean it doesn't scare the hell out of me, though.

But still, I don't think that gives us the right to play God.

This time, it's heavy snow... what will happen next time?

I don't believe it to be a good idea manipulating weather like that, but then again it can be bad, weather naturally occurs, what happens if you disturb that natural balance. But then again, technically we already are manipulating the weather, by just how bad the pollution is, how much global warming is effecting us. But who knows, I guess in the right hands, this could be beneficial to certain areas of the world, who needs rain and the such. So if some evil genius decides to use this for world domination, we would all probably be screwed. :hmm:

{edit} sorry for saying "but then again" a lot lol.

Edited by kurogawa_ryuu

I can’t shake the feeling that this monumental draught they have has something to do with their tampering with weather during Olympics.

Since they share planet with the rest of us, their experimenting is more than just annoying.

this is quite amazing really. manipulating weather to be beneficial.

The moisture has to come from somewhere. Most likely some other region won't get rain/snow now.

To me it seems okay, but than again how much more can mother-nature handle human interference.

BTW its time for the CCP govt. to abandon communism and extreme capitalism and go back to Confucius-Daoist thinking and follow the Yin-Yang & five agents concept. You know it could help them avoid an impending ecological disaster.

The moisture has to come from somewhere. Most likely some other region won't get rain/snow now.

i didnt think about that. is that definately how it would work then?

But still, I don't think that gives us the right to play God.

why not ? Has someone forbidden this ?

This time, it's heavy snow... what will happen next time?

yeah, I'm sure next time those will be burning lightning balls as in wrath of God... :rolleyes: