Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WMDs in Iraq

Naveed

Were there ever any WMDs in Iraq?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Were there ever any WMDs in Iraq?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but they were moved or hidden in the desert.
    • Yes, but they were destroyed.
    • Yes, there was equipment to make them (biological or nuke).
    • Yes, but the media is feeding us lies.
    • No, there never were any.
    • No, it was just Bush getting revenge for his father.
    • No, it was just for oil.
    • Why should I care?

wunarmdscissor...I didn't take offense  ....I didn't get frustrated and I didn't know I was, what did you say..."ill educated?"....Wow  ...and here I thought you guys were getting all lathered up. 

I think youll find if you read your post replying to stamford pointing out that your views were not based on fact and nonsensical , youll realise that you were gettin all hot an bothered that it was "just your opinion"

as for the last part i have no idea what your talking about.

or perhaps, he became an enemy when he started becoming a threat to the west?

as for supplying him with WMDs, noones denying it, however, back then the use of such weapons wasn't such a big deal in wartime. These are different times.

Might I ask exactly how did he become a threat to the west all of a sudden??

was it nething to do with the fact he invaded kiwait , who just happen to have a lot of oil?

it wasnt such a big dea???? lol

there were laws against biological and chemical warfare then you know, it was seen as a disgraceful tactic then as well. It was only 20 years ago.

And no these arent different times because george bush is a carbon copy of reagan in every way, including intellect.

And stamford is right do you really think a man who ordered the use of chemical weapons on his own people & massacred thousands would have hesitated to use any kind of weapons on us? lol lol.

Wow whistling2.gif now, you're telling me when I'm getting all "hot and bothered". laugh.gif I think you perceive it that way....could it be that you want to?

"As for the last part I have no idea what you are talking about". I didn't make that quote...

I think you are getting all "hot and bothered"... cool.gif

Edited by Babs

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• wunarmdscissor

• Titor

• stillcrazy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wunarmdscissor...

If you're going to deliver facts; get 'um' straight.

You have twisted and turned my words. I didn't say half of what you said I said. You are putting words into my mouth. I didn't say we should ''waltz' into another country and look for WMD; I was asking a question.

We are going over the same stuff, repeating...I don't like repeating myself. You are attacking me with words and phrases and saying I'm, 'not on the ball'....I think it is you, Babe, that's not 'on the ball'.

Babs,

Don't sweat the small stuff.

I have noted that after posting a semi logical statement that no one seemed to either want to refute it, comment on it, or tell me I've been sniffin to many coca puffs.

It's all academic in the long run.

29 and counting

Edited by stillcrazy

I have noted that after posting a semi logical statement that no one seemed to either want to refute it, comment on it, or tell me I've been sniffin to many coca puffs.

Hey, stillcrazy, I like what you post mate, very informative and intelligent posts are not always answered because people don't have an answer to them.

I for one look forward to your posts. thumbsup.gif Keep up the good work fella!!

Babs,

Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all academic in the long run.

29 and counting

grin2.gif you're right.

Hey, stillcrazy, I like what you post mate, very informative and intelligent posts are not always answered because people don't have an answer to them.

I for one look forward to your posts. thumbsup.gif Keep up the good work fella!!

Thanks Stamford,

I try to find logical reasons in everything.

Of course being a researcher helps a great deal with it too!

Babs thanks.

And this comment is not directed at anyone in particular but just an observation from my time on this forum and other forums.

I have noted that like politics, when a person cannot argue an idea or opinion, they will resort to attacking the person. It seems to be human nature.

25 and counting

I have noted that like politics, when a person cannot argue an idea or opinion, they will resort to attacking the person. It seems to be human nature.

...and that they are losing the argument.

Edited by Babs

During the current fighting, Very rarely do you ever see anything about chemical suits, even at the beginning of the war. Does this say anything to anyone. Were we that sure we had taken out his chemical weapons in the opening salvo that we did not need the suits? Or were we sure that the suits were not needed

untrue, i remember seeing an interview (i think it may have been on letterman:P ) where they specifically mentioned that troops were often scrambling for their protective gear when they came under attack

During the current fighting, Very rarely do you ever see anything about chemical suits, even at the beginning of the war. Does this say anything to anyone. Were we that sure we had taken out his chemical weapons in the opening salvo that we did not need the suits? Or were we sure that the suits were not needed

untrue, i remember seeing an interview (i think it may have been on letterman:P ) where they specifically mentioned that troops were often scrambling for their protective gear when they came under attack

Not to pick a fight, but I have most of the beginning of Iraqi freedom on archive DVD, and there are some shots of coalition troops donning chemical suits, but for the most part, even the advance scout troops that were north and east of Bagdad prior to that city falling, none of the troops are wearing chemical protection suits.

If you look at the footage of the convoys heading into Iraq in the first day of the ground assault, again no chemical suits. I am trying to find a link that has more information on this. But again, after reviewing my archive, I don't see it as much as during Desert Storm. (Those tapes are currently being converted to DVD)

13 and counting

Edited by stillcrazy

If you're going to deliver facts; get 'um' straight.

You have twisted and turned my words. I didn't say half of what you said I said. You are putting words into my mouth. I didn't say we should ''waltz' into another country and look for WMD; I was asking a question.

We are going over the same stuff, repeating...I don't like repeating myself. You are attacking me with words and phrases and saying I'm, 'not on the ball'....I think it is you, Babe, that's not 'on the ball'.

LOL I never attacked you , i attacked you uniformed views and merley tried to explain to you how your views were not accurate.

I did that by using facts babs.

You on the other hand refused to listen and decided to pick out one word "waltz" and claim my post wasnt accurate.

The fact is i know you didnt say "waltz in " exactly but that is what your attitude is.

You asked of countries such as turkey "how do we know they dont have WMDs if we cant get in".

I informed you that these countries have a right to protect themselves as much as we did. You ignored that.

I informed you that turkey was a close ally and a memebr of NATO? you chose not to comment on that.

I asked why in your right mind you wouldve thought of Iraq after 9/11 , with no proof or logical reason? You ignored that.

You quoted an entire post where i made plenty of comments and you chose not to answer to any of them.

So am I to assume that you werent "on the ball" enough to be able to comment on them.

BTW i wasnt gettin hot and bothered i enjoy correcting people such as yourself and watching them skirt issues , like you did in the post above. lol grin2.gif

BTW stillcrazy regarding your arlier post i did agree with a lot of what you were saying.

I just didnt disagree thats why i never posted.

LOL its obv to me babs never actually read your post as she thinks your taking sides against me with her. lol

I obviously know your taking neither because i actually read it.

wunarmdscissor...I didn't take offense  ....I didn't get frustrated and I didn't know I was, what did you say..."ill educated?"....Wow  ...and here I thought you guys were getting all lathered up. 

I think youll find if you read your post replying to stamford pointing out that your views were not based on fact and nonsensical , youll realise that you were gettin all hot an bothered that it was "just your opinion"

as for the last part i have no idea what your talking about.

or perhaps, he became an enemy when he started becoming a threat to the west?

as for supplying him with WMDs, noones denying it, however, back then the use of such weapons wasn't such a big deal in wartime. These are different times.

Might I ask exactly how did he become a threat to the west all of a sudden??

was it nething to do with the fact he invaded kiwait , who just happen to have a lot of oil?

it wasnt such a big dea???? lol

there were laws against biological and chemical warfare then you know, it was seen as a disgraceful tactic then as well. It was only 20 years ago.

And no these arent different times because george bush is a carbon copy of reagan in every way, including intellect.

And stamford is right do you really think a man who ordered the use of chemical weapons on his own people & massacred thousands would have hesitated to use any kind of weapons on us? lol lol.

wunarmdscissor....Something is wrong here. You made a mistake.

I didn't make this quote.

or perhaps he became an enemy when he started becoming a threat to the west?

I am not sure, but I think bathory said that. Get your facts straight. I brought this up before and you haven't acknowledged your mistake. Why? Here, you quote something I didn't say and build a case against me. What's up with that, wundarmscissor? And, then you have the audacidy to tell the net that you are giving Americans a history lesson, again. You say, I'm nonsensical....who's nonsensical? wacko.gif

Maybe in your frenzy you just made a boo boo. Or maybe it's like what I heard on tv last night...

...if you can't deny what they say, then deny what they don't say.

wunarmdscissor...

I realize that it takes a big man to own up to his mistakes; you just seem to glide over yours. And, you get everybody mixed up. Is that your ploy?... (when you can't win an argument).

This is getting us nowhere and it's hard to learn from you....all you want to do is fight. (and waste time).

I do have a question for you, however....

...are you jealous of the U.S.?

YO FOLKS Time out.........

Please lets keep on topic, I don't want to see this thread locked.

Might I suggest that if you disagree with a comment or statement that you quote just the part you disagree with, and then answer it. All this quoting whole pages is getting very confusing, and with my old age kickin in, I can't follow any of it.

Thanks.

stillcrazy...I remember the suits going on and off...as the troops advanced.

stillcrazy...I remember the suits going on and off...as the troops advanced.

I've been watching the DVD archives that I have and am not seeing the on again off again that I saw during Desert Storm. I have also checked the DOD site, and there are less photos of troops in Chemical Protection gear.

I am not saying it didn't happen as often, but they sure didn't show it as much.

I am not saying it didn't happen as often, but they sure didn't show it as much

well the Government were allot more sensitive about media coverage of this war, just curious, but how many hours of footage are contained in your archives regarding the Iraq war?

I am not saying it didn't happen as often, but they sure didn't show it as much

well the Government were allot more sensitive about media coverage of this war, just curious, but how many hours of footage are contained in your archives regarding the Iraq war?

A total of about 700 hours. It's kinda hard to describe the system I have here.

But in a nutshell, I have twelve video recorders that are set on timers. I record the three main cable news agencies. MSNBC, Fox and CNN. 24/7. Each week I have a company that picks up all the vids and archive them to DVDs. When they archive them, they seperate the video footage per my guidelines. I.E. War, politics and so on and so forth. Each DVD comes back with a quick description of the content.

I also have a total of seven computers that I use to surf the net for stories re: the war, politics, the economy and other stuff politicians are worried about.

When I started this company, I purchased about twenty thousand hours of news footage from another guy who was doing something simular to what I do now. I just made a better go of it.

And in case anyone is wondering what I do, Simple research. I now have two employees and a few good contract companies that help out. all in al I do okay.

But back to the thread, and why I feel about the WMDs the way I do. Is cuz I have it at my finger tips and I play connect the dots real well. This is why at the time Bush was hawking the war, things didn't add up. When I watched a lot of the footage and didn't see the chem suits like during Desert Storm, a little red light in my brain came on and said something isn't right. But hey, time will tell who is better at intel, the CIA or me. whistling2.gif

how much of the footage is repeated?

from just watching the few news programs available on free to air in australia crying.gif the majority is stock footage, usually the same footage across the different networks.

About 20% to 30% is repeat. (Depends on the story) Thats due to shared footage between the networks, also known as the press pool. (That was a big thing back during Desert Storm) I've caught a couple of shots from Desert storm in the current stuff being shown on TV.

Some of the footage I get from other sources, I have contracts with a few international news agencies, and reporters. I end up with a lot of boring shots, but every now and then, I get something good thats not on any news channel.

Also, for stills, the military (U.S.) post some interesting stuff on thier sites.

If you have viewed my video, some of the photo's came from the DOD site.

Again, just to keep on topic, the reason I feel that most people think we are getting our collective arses kicked, and that Iraqi's want us out, is due to the media showing B.S. on the telly. Ya have to dig a little deeper to find the whole story. Many foriegn papers and web sites are good for finding information on the weapons, the people, and the war.

Like I stated before, what you see isn't the whole story. I did not see that many folks donning chemical suits. Many of the shots, are the same guys and gals from different angles. But what do I know.

...are you jealous of the U.S.?

Hilarious comment lol.

Why exactly would i be jealous? You know we have running water and electricity.

Dunno where we'd be without you folks to light the way lol lol lol lol.

BTW i knew bathory made that comment.

Oh and you are in need of a history and current affairs leeson babs.

YOur knowledge of the outside world is appalling.

You WERE cofused about the reasons that we couldnt march into other countrys and demand to know their weapons programmes!! its not my fault that you arent taught about world politics in your schools lol.

You said something along the lines of "we nee dto understand that one action afects the rest of the world" when reffering to the spanish withdrawal.

Then you chose not to respond to my arguments.

Ive noticed this about the americans who share your opinions on this forum.

YOu post these bushism soundbites and then choose to ignore posts with fact in the them.

It is you who is losing an argument when you cannot retaliate to a post. This is because you either dont understand an issue or have any facts.

Both of which apply to you. I havent seen a valid response to any argument that has been put to you. You skirt issues by highliting "mistakes" in posts. Its really funny actually

Its really funny actually

It might be funny if these weren't the same people who, because of that same gun-ho, gotta-go-to-war attitude, that are going to make the world suffer Bush for another term tongue.gif

wundarmscissor...

As I said before wundarmdscissor...you are wacko.gif

I'm talking to a wacko.gif

Seraphina...

It's easy to sit back and tear down another country....

What has Scotland done lately?