Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolf reported in Brazil

UM-Bot

Image credit: Wikipedia
Image credit: Wikipedia
In a recent report from Brazil a woman claims to have been attacked by a 'werewolf' which scratched her arms and face. This is one of a number of such reports in recent years involving 'werewolf'-like creatures in the region.

"[Translated] According to the victim’s account, the creature looked like a big dog. Police is looking for a suspect that may have used a costume to attack the girl. The inhabitants of São Sepé, Rio Grande do Sul, [brazil] have one more reason to fear Friday the 13th. Besides the bad luck and the strange happenings during the day, a ‘werewolf’ is supposedly at large. One of the possible victims, a 20-year-old, recorded her complaint in the police."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: Forgetomori

News story suggestion submitted by vacho

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Insaniac

• Q-C

Probably a hairy Brazilian man in a wolf mask. With bad breath.

Edited by Insaniac

Costume? Seriously? Who would attack someone with a costume and I would think someone with minimal intelligence could tell if it is a costume. It isn't like the attacker would spend like 1000$ on a realistic werewolf costume for the sole reason of attacking people. If its really a werewolf I hope them cops have some silver bullets handy.

Costume? Seriously? Who would attack someone with a costume and I would think someone with minimal intelligence could tell if it is a costume. It isn't like the attacker would spend like 1000$ on a realistic werewolf costume for the sole reason of attacking people. If its really a werewolf I hope them cops have some silver bullets handy.

Yep but the problem is that werewolves are still a physical impossibility.

I hope she wasn't bitten ...

Edited by Voyager10

Good point, it would be kinda obvious because there's a good chance that a costume shop in the area would come forward and say something, unless some crazy person got one online.

That is not much of an attack.

That's also a good point, it sounds like it was a dog almost, some dogs leap up on people to just play, which would explain why she wasn't bitten by it. Maybe she's milking the story for all its worth. the scartches would have been from the paws.

My old dog (Golden Retriever, used to play around like that when he was younger and I was quite young also, I used to receiver scratches to my hips sometimes and probably my arms as well. It's a possibility that the dog scratched her face with its paw when leaving.

Edited by Blueguardian

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like someone is pretending to be a supervillian, trying to get a super hero to show himself. I must go...

• 1 month later...

I find it ridiculous how something which may resemble a wolf combined with a person is automatically labeled a 'werewolf'.

I'm sure there are other possibilities of animals that could resemble the appearance which those do:

Hairy

Big

Stands on two legs

Has claws

Especially in the night.

As much as I'd like to believe that it might have been an actual werewolf, it's highly unlikely.

It sounds like someone is pretending to be a supervillian, trying to get a super hero to show himself. I must go...

linked-image

could be....

HN

• 3 months later...

werewolfs could possibly exist but not in the way most ppl imagine them i dont think ppl could turn into a hairy creature like what ppl see on tv but there could transformanist (and yes it is a real word its a person who thinks or can turn into a animal or something else) with amazing ability that some ppl can not explain yet imagine if a secret like that got out they would be chased around or maybe even killed because we dont understand them yet its human nature to destory things we dont understand

I find it ridiculous how something which may resemble a wolf combined with a person is automatically labeled a 'werewolf'.

I'm sure there are other possibilities of animals that could resemble the appearance which those do:

Hairy

Big

Stands on two legs

Has claws

Especially in the night.

As much as I'd like to believe that it might have been an actual werewolf, it's highly unlikely.

Well what else are we supposed to label creatures that look half man and half wolf?

Werewolf just means "manwolf" so yes anybody that is a person physically combined with a wolf is entitled to the label werewolf. However I don't believe such exists, so it's safe to say that what she saw wasn't entirely accurate, she might've made half of it up...there have also been a few more stories floating around in that area, so maybe things have become a little exaggerated, a little bit of hysteria has spread...*shrugs*

It sounds a little like the description of the dogman, except, wrong area, surely if there were that many of the things getting around something would've been found...

As others have said, surely a big monstrous werewolf wouldn't have left her in tact. It doesn't add up well.

Not to mention the description still fits the werewolves of Hollywood movies *sighs*

• 2 years later...

This is obviously not real as if there was a werewolf why did it stop attacking her i mean i read alot about werewolves and they all say that the werewolf is consumed by need for blood so it would nnot have stoped with just a few scratches

Thanks, I love spewing coffee on my keyboard at 6am!

picture laughing emoticons here.....here....here....and.... here

Edited by QuiteContrary