Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon: US not developing space weapons

UM-Bot

Image credit: AFRL
A Pentagon official has claimed that the United States is not developing space weapons and couldn't afford to do so even if they wanted to.

"The United States is not developing space weapons and could not afford to do so even if it wanted to, an official with the Pentagon's National Security Space Office said Thursday. Pete Hays, a senior policy analyst at the space office who is also associate director of the Eisenhower Center for Space and Defense Studies, said U.S. policy on space weaponry has remained pretty much the same over the last 30 years despite the occasionally heated debate on the subject during the administration of former U.S. President George W. Bush."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Live Science

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashyne

• UM-Bot

• raphnix

• ExpandMyMind

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont believe it..

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

MUST! MUST!! MUST!! DEVELOP SPACE WEAPONS!!

The ALIENS Will COME One DAY and WE BE DEFENCELESS!

FOOLS! WE BE DIE FROM ALIEN INVASION NOW!

Hopeless! Hopeless! Hopeless!

(OH NUUUUUUUUU, look at this thread (Alien Creature Sighted In BORNEO) THEY'RE ALREADY HERE!!!)

Edited by Ashiene

That's why they should allocating their funds into people's welfare instead.

There be NO welfare left if ALIENS come and WIPE US OUT!

Welfare for ALIEN VICTORS, MAYBE?

ahahaha

Our next step on the path of progression is Space. it is only sensible to go armed and ready. :D

A Pentagon official has claimed that the United States is not developing space weapons and couldn't afford to do so even if they wanted to.

Right.... And there is no spy satalites either, and the space shuttles are only carrying up tourists. I don't believe it either. The US is developing every weapon it has ever designed.

lmao right... the defense budget is how much ?? this does not include homeland security. nor Iraq or Afghanistan. Like Bush who stated that they ALWAYS get court orders before performing wiretaps. ... when he got none - at all.

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley

We can hit any place on earth with our missiles, among our other options with planes and ships and if need be we can shoot satellites out of orbit; so what need is there for a spaced based weapons programs right now? Well granted it would probably be slightly easier to shoot the higher satellites out of orbit from a space platform but that would cost an insane amount of money and would be limited in it's function as you can't really just send UPS up there with a new ammo clip. Unless of course we could get a rail gun into space... Not much need to worry about heat build up then and it would only take one shot to take out a satellite.

Or I'm just rambling on and thinking too much about Stargate. :P

Maybe they already have developed space weaponry. Also he said as far as he knows, it could be above his security clearance level, accountable denial-ability. Black budget projects come to mind, but I am just speculating, he could be telling the truth though and nothing is going on, or is it. B)

"There has not been one minute spent on this issue as far as I know," Hays said of U.S. Defense Department policy on using weapons in space. "There are no space weaponization programs. It's an issue that academics like to flog now and then, but in terms of funded programs, there aren't any. I can tell you that categorically."

bull..of course they are, the evidence is all around like them trying to test nukes on the moon.

also as if they would come out and say they are anyway because other countries would start doing it aswell.

im sure the military/gov has all areas covered. im sure there is research and development all over America. using different application reasons for development and individual places would only be working on one aspect of it, so that no one really knew what they where working on. the military/gov may be able to assemble one quickly.

but it could just be my paranoia. lol