Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bloop

MysteryMike

Guys heard about the Bloop. It is a sound that was heard by some navy and they say if it is a animal. It could be larger then the Blue Whale.

Um for some reason. I don't think the sound is from an animal though. I mean the only animals that can survive in the deepest depths of teh ocean are small to medium size fishes and others like that, but a creature bigger then teh Blue Whale couldn't survive down there. Don't you think. Maybe the Bloop is just some vibration after all vibration is everywhere and just travels or if it is an animal. It is just the movement from it and last thing I have to say is that the Bloop Shound doesn't sound like a animal roaring or breathing.

What do you think? :huh:

Edited by MysteryMike

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• catutie

• MysteryMike

• psyche101

Guys heard about the Bloop. It is a sound that was heard by some navy and they say if it is a animal. It could be larger then the Blue Whale.

Um for some reason. I don't think the sound is from an animal though. I mean the only animals that can survive in the deepest depths of teh ocean are small to medium size fishes and others like that, but a creature bigger then teh Blue Whale couldn't survive down there. Don't you think. Maybe the Bloop is just some vibration after all vibration is everywhere and just travels or if it is an animal. It is just the movement from it and last thing I have to say is that the Bloop Shound doesn't sound like a animal roaring or breathing.

What do you think? :huh:

Seing als sperm whales and certain Squids and gigant tube worms can live at the deepest depth who knows what it was.

Whe know more about Mars then our own oceans, thats tells me enough.

Who knows what is down there, every year they find new and ancient sealife.

They have just accepted that Gigant Squids excist, so why not something else.

The Bloop was a living thing, they can tell the differance between a sonar reading of a living thing and an inanimate object.

It is really, whatever kind of beast it was.

If you would hear a whale or a Koala for the very first time in your life, would you think it could ever come from a living thing?

Edited by Creepy_Steve

Seing als sperm whales and certain Squids and gigant tube worms can live at the deepest depth who knows what it was.

Whe know more about Mars then our own oceans, thats tells me enough.

Who knows what is down there, every year they find new and ancient sealife.

They have just accepted that Gigant Squids excist, so why not something else.

The Bloop was a living thing, they can tell the differance between a sonar reading of a living thing and an inanimate object.

It is really, whatever kind of beast it was.

Really well guess that is true. But Sperm Whales don't really live down there. They just can dive that far down and can hold their breath for as long as they can.

In fact the Bloop thing just gave me an idea that it will be as my 7th novel. Anyway yeah who knows.

Maybe the Bloop is really surviving Megalodons or something else like huge whale bigger then teh Blue Whale only with gills.

Edited by MysteryMike

I think it was probably some sort of geographical anomaly. Since it was only heard a few times in the same area in 1997 I think it is just something geological that sounded like it could be organic.

Really well guess that is true. But Sperm Whales don't really live down there. They just can dive that far down and can hold their breath for as long as they can.

In fact the Bloop thing just gave me an idea that it will be as my 7th novel. Anyway yeah who knows.

Maybe the Bloop si really surviving Megalodons or something else like huge whale bigger then teh Blue Whale only with gills.

Ok sperm whales just dive there, but gigant squids and gigant tube worms live there, and other freaky sealife.. :)

Or maybe it's just a really big undiscovered yellyfish thingy.

Who knows.

Until it happens again and someone can identify it we will never know.

The Movie Cloverfield played in well on the whole Bloop thing.

But it's true and it's probally a creature bigger then a blue whale.

Whatever it might be.

gills make it a fish.

I know, but you never know. If you read Steve Alten's The Trench (Sequel to Meg) It featured Kronosaurus that survived extinction living thousands of feet deep in the ocean and has evolved gills. and after all tadpoles aren't fish and they are born with gills.

Ok sperm whales just dive there, but gigant squids and gigant tube worms live there, and other freaky sealife.. :)

Or maybe it's just a really big undiscovered yellyfish thingy.

Who knows.

Until it happens again and someone can identify it we will never know.

The Movie Cloverfield played in well on the whole Bloop thing.

But it's true and it's probally a creature bigger then a blue whale.

Whatever it might be.

Some very small animals make some very big noises. It doesn't necessarily have to be a large animal.

tadpoles are amphibians

Edited by ravergirl

Well we wait to see whatever it really is. Who knows.

and was the creature in Cloverfield really what was making the Bloop noise. If so? Where was it mentioned in the movie (Replying to Creepy Steve)

Edited by MysteryMike

OMG THAT MOVIE WAS HORRRRRRABLE XD but does anyone have a link to the sound. i found a link once but i just didnt want to turn off my music to listen to it. does anyone have the sound i would love to hear it. and how does that movie have anything to do with the bloop??? :huh:

Well we wait to see whatever it really is. Who knows.

and was the creature in Cloverfield really what was making the Bloop noise. If so? Where was it mentioned in the movie (Replying to Creepy Steve)

A part of their Marketing campagne whas directed to the Bloop incident and "suggesting" that the thing from the movie was that bloop that was recorded.

Just Wiki it or look up info about Cloverfield.

@catutie

I actually liked it, Cloverfield that is.

Stupid actors etc, but entertaining.

Can't wait for part 2, oh yes it is coming.

Edited by Creepy_Steve

A part of their Marketing campagne whas directed to the Bloop incident and "suggesting" that the thing from the movie was that bloop that was recorded.

Just Wiki it or look up info about Cloverfield.

Oh well I see then.

I have my bets that the Bloop is a huge species of giant fish (Since something with gills need to survive down there) is it. Maybe even a giant huge 200 foot long eel. Who knows.

Other things it could be.

-Unknown species of giant octopus

-Relict population of Megalodons

-Maybe even a larger species of Squid bigger then the Colossal Squid

Well who knows, but one thing for sure. It's down there.

Edited by MysteryMike

Oh well I see then.

I have my bets that the Bloop is a huge species of giant fish (Since something with gills need to survive down there) is it. Maybe even a giant huge 200 foot long eel. Who knows.

Well actually they found a type of shark living down there with a kind of Longgill thingy going on, it had both gills and longs in one organ.

And the worms use s kind of longsystem to.

So they don't need gills.

Life finds a way, shalalalala! :)

Well actually they found a type of shark living down there with a kind of Longgill thingy going on, it had both gills and longs in one organ.

And the worms use s kind of longsystem to.

So they don't need gills.

Life finds a way, shalalalala! :)

Oh never knew that. Well, this is one of the most interesting cryptids I heard about. Because it can be real and is very interesting.

Oh never knew that. Well, this is one of the most interesting cryptids I heard about. Because it can be real and is very interesting.

Never knew it either, but it was in the news here.

............HOW THE HECK CAN YOU MAKE A PART TWO!!!!!!!!! the plot was lame.......I HAVE TO GO GET HERE!!!!! HER BUILDING HAS BEEN CRUSHED TO NO RETURN BUT SHE WILL BE THE ONLY ONE ALIVE!!!!! and then that guy just stared down the alien rofl and then they GO back and get the cam....JUST LEAVE IT STUPID ROFL anyway as i said before does anyone have the recording of that sound handy??? :huh:

............HOW THE HECK CAN YOU MAKE A PART TWO!!!!!!!!! the plot was lame.......I HAVE TO GO GET HERE!!!!! HER BUILDING HAS BEEN CRUSHED TO NO RETURN BUT SHE WILL BE THE ONLY ONE ALIVE!!!!! and then that guy just stared down the alien rofl and then they GO back and get the cam....JUST LEAVE IT STUPID ROFL anyway as i said before does anyone have the recording of that sound handy??? :huh:

Wow from the looks of it. You must hate the movie alot.

Well in my opinion. The movie was okay. But would of been better if the camera wouldn't shake so much. Which makes you feel like your on a roller coaster.

Anyway the Bloop. I wonder how many feet deep it was recorded when the navy heard it.

Edited by MysteryMike

Oh well I see then.

What is your logic in thinking this? You do know this was only recorded a handful of times in the year 1997 never again since then right? If it were a living creature or creatures it would have been detected further since then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

this also has the wav file for it.

What is your logic in thinking this? You do know this was only recorded a handful of times in the year 1997 never again since then right? If it were a living creature or creatures it would have been detected further since then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

this also has the wav file for it.

Well it is just a guess.

the bloop is an underwater city built on non euclidean geometry where a giant octopus headed monstrosity sleeps. everyone knows that

In his house in R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming about cookies. :)

Well it is just a guess.

That's cool, I am just saying it is more likely to be geological.

Also they are making a Cloverfield 2 but is not related to the first movie. Meaning it is not a sequal to the first one or at least that has been what abrams has said.

Oh well I see then.

Population of Megalodons?

That's some random guessing there ;)

Not having heard this in 12 years makes one think this is likely geological, but if one wasd to consider a biological entity - bigger than a Blue Whale? That is hard to swallow, and even then, how much bigger? One would think this could only come under the banner of life, but not as we know it.

Alien life 'may exist among us' - LINK

Our planet may harbour forms of "weird life" unrelated to life as we know it, according to Professor Paul Davies, a physicist at Arizona State University.

This "shadow life" may be hidden in toxic arsenic lakes or in boiling deep sea hydrothermal vents, he says.

He has called on scientists to launch a "mission to Earth" by trawling hostile environments for signs of bio-activity.

Weird life could even be living among us, in forms which we don't yet recognise, he told the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) meeting in Chicago.

Though these fellows are no doubt talking of things far smaller than Blue Whales, but you get the gist of what I am saying.....surely it would not be like something we are quite familiar with.

I do not think we know more about Mars than our oceans, in good stead with the rules there, wouldn't have a link would you Steve?

Edited by psyche101

I always thought it sounded more mechanical than natural (listen to the version on Youtube, it's normal speed).

Edit: Never mind, it doesn't appear to be there anymore? o_o

Cthulhu, is that you?

Edited by Ebonykrow

I always thought it sounded more mechanical than natural (listen to the version on Youtube, it's normal speed).

Cthulhu, is that you?

May I ask something.

What's Cthulhu? :hmm: