Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy stuns medics with glow in the dark eyes

UM-Bot

eye3.jpg
A boy in Southern China has stunned medics in a Dahua hospital with his mysterious glowing eyes and the ability to see in the dark.

"A cat-boy has stunned medics with his ability to SEE in pitch black with eyes that GLOW in the dark. Doctors have studied Nong Youhui’s amazing eyesight since his dad took him to hospital in Dahua, southern China, concerned over his bright blue eyes. Dad Ling said: "They told me he would grow out of it and that his eyes would stop glowing and turn black like most Chinese people but they never did." "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: The Sun

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrawingPics

• Dravenguild

• Melioth

• evil_kenshin

That is an amazing article, it makes me wonder if humans are at an intermediary phase, and that we are still undergoing the process of evolution.

I wonder if his senses are heightened beyond the normal human spectrum? Save the eyes of course, having the ability to naturally see in the dark gives him an advantage many times over.

Key word there China

The Boy is more than likely a victim of that country’s gross abuses of toxic environments and consumer goods…let’s see should we start with checking his System for Lead and the Melamine and on and on…

Pavot

Key word there China

The Boy is more than likely a victim of that country’s gross abuses of toxic environments and consumer goods…let’s see should we start with checking his System for Lead and the Melamine and on and on…

Pavot

Yes, though possible that he may be the result of industrial pollutants and toxic metals, it is remarkable nonetheless that these conditions natural or the result of damaged DNA gave him such ability.

I feel a bit sorry though for him, if this is somehow gene related/hereditary I can see the military or some organization of China taking advantage of it. After all, he has the advantage of night vision making reconnaissance or assasination less hampered with bulky equipment.

I don't particularly think this is a distinct possibility, but from my standpoint (As much as I oppose military action) he has potential military application.

Yes, though possible that he may be the result of industrial pollutants and toxic metals, it is remarkable nonetheless that these conditions natural or the result of damaged DNA gave him such ability.

I feel a bit sorry though for him, if this is somehow gene related/hereditary I can see the military or some organization of China taking advantage of it. After all, he has the advantage of night vision making reconnaissance or assasination less hampered with bulky equipment.

I don't particularly think this is a distinct possibility, but from my standpoint (As much as I oppose military action) he has potential military application.

true his ability to see in the dark has military uses but the glow in the dark eyes kinda ruins it (gives him away and reveals his location )

A tabloid is a substitute of a magazine. A less massive one. Usually speaks on one topic only.

Ohh I see. So its a type of magazine?

This would be totally astounding to me if it weren't for these two words: Sun and China.

Neither are very reliable sources of truth.

Whether it's true or not, the thought itself is awesome. Imagine what one can do in the dark with eyes like that? :o

Pretty cool, if it is true.

However a study from a while back showed that cats CAN'T actually see in complete darkness,

their eyes work as a reflector and therefore need a small light source to benefit from.

Without the light source cats see just as bad in darkness as humans.

Edited by dutchman

A cat-boy has stunned medics with his ability to SEE in pitch black with eyes that GLOW in the dark.

It reminds me of the movie Vin Diesel was in.

He would be great to go cave exploring with.

Whether it's true or not, the thought itself is awesome. Imagine what one can do in the dark with eyes like that? :o

What the rest of us do in the dark? :P

Can someone give me the link to where it was posted on the forums, before it was posted on the front page by UM-bot, if it was posted on there before here. Thanks.

if his eyes glow in the dark could that be giving him the amount of light he needs to see in total blackness then?

It was so short and "written" in a way that made me think "tabloid". Guess I was right.

Maybe the next issue will have a special on this kid and his crime fighting adventures with the Giant Grasshopper and Bat Boy.

Tabloids sicken me almost as much as the fact that this was posted on UM