Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's most married woman

Owlscrying

A US grandmother with 23 ex-husbands has been recognised as the most married woman in the world.

Linda Wolfe, 68, who first wed at 16, admits she became "addicted to the romance" of getting hitched.

The mother of seven's longest marriage lasted seven years; her shortest just 36 hours, reports the Indianapolis Star.

Mrs Wolfe, of Anderson, Indiana, can no longer list her husbands in order but remembers the nicest was George Scott, her first and - at seven years - her longest marriage.

The best lover was Jack Gourley, who liked skinny dipping and impromptu trysts. She wed him three times.

The strangest exchange of vows took place at the Indiana Reformatory at Pendleton to a one-eyed inmate named Tom Stutzman.

"I got to thinking that in some of these towns where world record holders live, they have signs outside city limits. I wouldn't mind if Anderson would have a sign like that."

She has been single now for 12 years, her longest stint unmarried since childhood: "But I would get married again," she said, "because, you know, it gets lonely."

Source

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrawingPics

• chemical-licker

• Owlscrying

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

She sounds hard to please.

Well she just sounds like a pratt to me I'm afraid. Addicted to the romance of it, my bum. Stupid cow <_<

She has been single now for 12 years, her longest stint unmarried since childhood: "But I would get married again," she said, "because, you know, it gets lonely."

Source

Maybe if you stopped changing husbands like you changed your underwear, you might not be lonely. Does she really think that men are going to go "Oooooh! She's had 23 husbands, but I might just be the one!!" :rolleyes:

Wow, she's hot. Does anyone think she'll marry me? :no:

May I also ask why?

Probably because there will be a 25 th victim :P

Maybe she just likes wedding cake? :P

I'll bet she's a great housekeeper...married all them times and keeping the house each time.

I wonder if she sends out wedding invitations to the same people.

"Honey..."

"Yeah?"

"Your aunt is getting married..."

"AGAIN!!!!!!!!"

I wonder if she sends out wedding invitations to the same people.

"Honey..."

"Yeah?"

"Your aunt is getting married..."

"AGAIN!!!!!!!!"

Haha