Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Helix Nebula "eye of god"

Epithet of Satan

The Helix Nebula, NGC 7293, lies about 700 light-years away in the constellation of Aquarius (the Water Bearer). It is one of the closest and most spectacular examples of a planetary nebula. These exotic objects have nothing to do with planets, but are the final blooming of Sun-like stars before their retirement as white

linked-image

Source

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/...90225073359.htm

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admiral Danger

• danielost

• Set the Fallen

• zandore

That's awesome Harvester. :)

Cool, article goes on to say the Helix took 12,000 years to form, and the inner disc is expanding at rate of 100 000 km/h.

Great pic.

its spying on us :P

i might have used this image in a pic i made, i might upload it as my profile picture thing later :D

Thats awe inspiring to say the least, Amazing how a star can go from a bright glow to an obliviated mess, That is spectacular,

Regards;

TFF

Thats awe inspiring to say the least, Amazing how a star can go from a bright glow to an obliviated mess, That is spectacular,

Regards;

TFF

you can see the same thing happen on earth when you see a life of an obeise person from the start in fast forward (in the same position all the way through. kinda like the videos you see of man evolving from fish) :P

starts off a small baby, then in time turns into a HUGE person :lol: but then turns to dust a while after it dies :-/

but that would take a lifetime to make. but it takes even longer with the stars. but theres more stars that have because nebula's than people so its quicker just to find a star...

The Helix Nebula, NGC 7293, lies about 700 light-years away in the constellation of Aquarius (the Water Bearer). It is one of the closest and most spectacular examples of a planetary nebula. These exotic objects have nothing to do with planets, but are the final blooming of Sun-like stars before their retirement as white

linked-image

Source

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/...90225073359.htm

Actually that a false color image,

They read the spectrum of faint light and was able to tell what gasses were ware, each color represent an elemnet.

If you were to go there you would see just expanding red hots gas and gas illuminated by the neutron/white dwarf star at the center.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome. It is simply beautiful.

Stars, space, universe, milk way, whatever you name it space is awesome. Cool pic man. Nice to learn some things now and then about the whole. ^_^

Sorry but I have to throw this one in

Thor's Helmet @APOD

linked-image

OH!!!!!

Awesome. :)

no kidding :P

it would so own if they had that on World of Warcraft. even though i dont even play it :P

Cool Pics you got there fellow members :tsu:;)

I love this pic of the eye of God so much its been my background on my laptop for about a year now. I cant seem to change it. I just love looking at it. Its so beautiful! :wub:

We all look so to See what we are and are to Become,In mans quest to know all We only need to See that its all around us in every direction to the New Beginings of Time and Space. Thats the Real Circle of Life.

Actually that a false color image,

They read the spectrum of faint light and was able to tell what gasses were ware, each color represent an elemnet.

If you were to go there you would see just expanding red hots gas and gas illuminated by the neutron/white dwarf star at the center.

If you were to go there you wouldn't see anything but black. That gas is spread out so far that you wouldn't see the light it makes if it makes any. More likely there are new stars inside of it that are the source of light.

are there any nebula's dont have a co-incidental pattern that we recognise on earth ?

rhetorical question... perhaps. serious question... quite possibly.

are there any nebula's dont have a co-incidental pattern that we recognise on earth ?

rhetorical question... perhaps. serious question... quite possibly.

yes the one we are in