Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires - true historical accounts?

archangel_josh

I most certainly have its one of the joys of having a Croatian girlfriend!

:D

Probably the best Croatian beer and one of the best dark beers in the world, in my humble opinion... And I've had the pleasure of tasting many great beers from across the world... Shame it's so underrated even here in Croatia...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheLoneWolf

• OldTimeRadio

• Agent. Mulder

• Stormcrow

:D

Probably the best Croatian beer and one of the best dark beers in the world, in my humble opinion... And I've had the pleasure of tasting many great beers from across the world... Shame it's so underrated even here in Croatia...

I would second that notion, I guess I should stop being so off topic now! :blush:

So you think they have super powers... Ok... I just wonder how many profs would recommend reading Erich von Däniken over Alice's Adventures in Wonderland... Have you read any of those? Btw, do you know anything about statistics and it's principle rules?

Ha! that doesnt work here. were talking about history and facts, NOT made up pieces of fiction like alice in wonderland. nice try, but it doesnt fly here. try again.

and whats this super powers thing? you mean the profs? your posts dont make much sense. how old are you?

Yes, you could be right, but so could I if I said it was a bunch of purple cultist midgets, trying to collect the parts needed for their life elixir...

yes, i could be. and most likely am in this case. seeing as a chupa attack wouldnt make sense here.

We all know the only valid web source is 10 seconds of out of focus footage on youtube with a story about them not able to sleep at night because of it.

Vampires don't exist.......

Twilight fans need to accept the truth....

Ha! that doesnt work here. were talking about history and facts, NOT made up pieces of fiction like alice in wonderland. nice try, but it doesnt fly here. try again.

and whats this super powers thing? you mean the profs? your posts dont make much sense. how old are you?

So you think vampires and chupacabras are facts? I'm afraid I'm gonna disappoint you here... Let me explain... People need to give names to things, and La Chupacabra is just a name given to a supposed culprit of a series of similar events which looked like they could be paranormal, but in fact they probably are quite normal (research the subject). I'm not saying there isn't an animal species in desperate need of cattle blood, but until there is a proof of one, this all could have been done by a bunch of weirdos... Vampires are a completely different story which can be approached from many angles, but to cut the long story short, their existence also isn't confirmed, yet.

I'm sure my posts would make sense if you actually read them. Or maybe it's just you trying to avoid answering my direct questions?

And you're welcome to check my age on my profile page.

yes, i could be. and most likely am in this case. seeing as a chupa attack wouldnt make sense here.

Yes, you could be right (I'm not here just to disprove you, which can't be said about you), although you don't know what a chupa attack looks like, if there is such a thing at all.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Vampires don't exist.......

Twilight fans need to accept the truth....

Twilight fans are not really interested in vampires... ;)

So you think vampires and chupacabras are facts? I'm afraid I'm gonna disappoint you here... Let me explain... People need to give names to things, and La Chupacabra is just a name given to a supposed culprit of a series of similar events which looked like they could be paranormal, but in fact they probably are quite normal (research the subject). I'm not saying there isn't an animal species in desperate need of cattle blood, but until there is a proof of one, this all could have been done by a bunch of weirdos... Vampires are a completely different story which can be approached from many angles, but to cut the long story short, their existence also isn't confirmed, yet.

I'm sure my posts would make sense if you actually read them. Or maybe it's just you trying to avoid answering my direct questions?

And you're welcome to check my age on my profile page.

Yes, you could be right (I'm not here just to disprove you, which can't be said about you), although you don't know what a chupa attack looks like, if there is such a thing at all.

lmfao

clearly you dont come on here enough little one. you think i believe in vampires and chupacabras?

and PLEASE, point out where i was avoiding your question. i answered them all, and corrected you on your posts. ill probably read this when im back from work. i look forward to seeing how you get out of this one.

lmfao

clearly you dont come on here enough little one. you think i believe in vampires and chupacabras?

and PLEASE, point out where i was avoiding your question. i answered them all, and corrected you on your posts. ill probably read this when im back from work. i look forward to seeing how you get out of this one.

First of all, I don't need to get out of anything, nor do my posts need to be corrected, since I never stated in any of them that my point of view or opinion need to be regarded as the only correct ones. The same cannot be said for you.

Secondly, point of your posts eludes me somehow. What are you trying to prove? That you are older? That I'm absolutely wrong in everything? Is this your personal war against Wikipedia? Or me? What is it? And why is your age unknown, if I may ask?

For one, I remember asking you about statistics, sorry if I overlooked your answer...

I'm not looking for a fight here, I'm looking for nice and friendly people who I can discuss things that interest me with. I understand not everyone will share my opinion (and I respect everyone's opinion, as long as it's not trying to be a fact), which will only make for a more interesting discussion, but there is no point in what you are doing here. We could continue this, if you wish so, but there really is no point, I assure you I can answer your every post with more than enough arguments...

Besides, I may not like your style, but we seem to have similar views, judging from your other, less arrogant and rude posts...

Edited by TheLoneWolf

i dont know what you believe but i have been doing some research around the vampire and werewolf legends...within this research i have found that werewolves are more likely to exsist or have exsisted then vampires...and that contrary to the believe of most, you cant become a werewolf by being bitten, in most cultures you have to drink from the footprint of a werewolf

lmfao

Mulder you're a skeptic?!!!

after reading that i had to laugh..lol...yeah mulder so your saying that the exsictence of vampires can not be true??all stories and fables are based off of some fact

after reading that i had to laugh..lol...yeah mulder so your saying that the exsictence of vampires can not be true??all stories and fables are based off of some fact

No, they aren't. Some are moral stories. Not based on facts.

HN

No, they aren't. Some are moral stories. Not based on facts.

HN

but do you think that they just came up with those stories...i honestly dont think so..i think they had some personal experience of some sort that taught them that moral then they made it into a story using that experience..just my thought

No it was sarcasm. Mulder should catch it. I like reading about vampires and stuff, but uhhhh, they don't exist bro.

Someone that drinks blood? Sure. But are they a vampire? No, just seeking attention.

First of all, I don't need to get out of anything, nor do my posts need to be corrected, since I never stated in any of them that my point of view or opinion need to be regarded as the only correct ones. The same cannot be said for you.

Secondly, point of your posts eludes me somehow. What are you trying to prove? That you are older? That I'm absolutely wrong in everything? Is this your personal war against Wikipedia? Or me? What is it? And why is your age unknown, if I may ask?

For one, I remember asking you about statistics, sorry if I overlooked your answer...

I'm not looking for a fight here, I'm looking for nice and friendly people who I can discuss things that interest me with. I understand not everyone will share my opinion (and I respect everyone's opinion, as long as it's not trying to be a fact), which will only make for a more interesting discussion, but there is no point in what you are doing here. We could continue this, if you wish so, but there really is no point, I assure you I can answer your every post with more than enough arguments...

Besides, I may not like your style, but we seem to have similar views, judging from your other, less arrogant and rude posts...

Mulder got caught out by Wikipedia once, he has never forgiven the incident, he did not double check the information and was proven wrong, he now has a chip on his shoulder the size of Asia that becomes quite prevalent each time the place is mentioned.

Not sure of the exact incident, but yes, mention of Wikipedia in a reply post to Mulder is likely to get a heated response. Wiki seems to cheese the creationist crowd of too I have noticed.

I don't think too many Vampires survive the teenage years? Common sense overwhelms the desire to continue this train of thought into the responsibility of adulthood where mortgages take precedence over the undead. Excepting a few cases of course (there is always one isn't there), that fellow in the states running for office, who claimed to be a Vampire was obviously a sandwich short of a picnic, but I had a hearty laugh at him and shook my head, and pointed my finger. I have a feeling I was not the only one.................

Chupacubra - as far as I believe it is explained here at UM - Link to thread explaining El Chuppacubra. (Scroll to bottom and start reading the next couple pages of ranchero's posts) I think you will enjoy the read.

but do you think that they just came up with those stories...i honestly dont think so..i think they had some personal experience of some sort that taught them that moral then they made it into a story using that experience..just my thought

I honestly do think so. There is no reason whatsoever to date to believe such things as Vampires and Werewolves existed outside of stories. The history of both is traceable, Werewolves have been imprisoned and despite the fullest moons did not "Turn" same for the Vampire. It is a scary story some people feel the need to role play and an inspiration to twisted killers.

Such orally communicated stories were once (and in many places still are) as valuable as legal tender is to you and I.

Stories of werewolves and vampires were around for a long, long time. They were and still are based on human, our need to explain, understand and name everything, even the things that are beyond the grasp of our mind. There may or may not be something paranormal about it, but I doubt we will never know, as these myths are imprinted deep in our culture and history, so much so that they've become pop culture. And this makes any effort of separating myth from fact, historic or modern, very difficult.

And, as I previously said, alleged chupacabra attacks and cattle mutilations have been all but explained, if I'm not mistaken.

That's not to say there isn't a mystical creature lurking in the bushes... :w00t:

Mulder got caught out by Wikipedia once, he has never forgiven the incident, he did not double check the information and was proven wrong, he now has a chip on his shoulder the size of Asia that becomes quite prevalent each time the place is mentioned.

Not sure of the exact incident, but yes, mention of Wikipedia in a reply post to Mulder is likely to get a heated response. Wiki seems to cheese the creationist crowd of too I have noticed.

Thanks for clearing up the Mulder and Wiki issue, I'll try to be cautious next time around... :lol:

I don't think too many Vampires survive the teenage years? Common sense overwhelms the desire to continue this train of thought into the responsibility of adulthood where mortgages take precedence over the undead. Excepting a few cases of course (there is always one isn't there), that fellow in the states running for office, who claimed to be a Vampire was obviously a sandwich short of a picnic, but I had a hearty laugh at him and shook my head, and pointed my finger. I have a feeling I was not the only one.................

Chupacubra - as far as I believe it is explained here at UM - Link to thread explaining El Chuppacubra. (Scroll to bottom and start reading the next couple pages of ranchero's posts) I think you will enjoy the read.

...when did this happen?

how am i the only one who doesnt know about it?

nope, just saying how these dont resemble any chupa "attacks" that have been reported.

theyre missing organs, which doesnt seem to happen in chupa "attacks".

lol no no no.

but i dont believe in vampires (well, unless youre talking about people pretending to be them). however, im cautious when it comes to the chupa sightings and "attacks".

lol no no no.

but i dont believe in vampires (well, unless youre talking about people pretending to be them). however, im cautious when it comes to the chupa sightings and "attacks".

i know i should know this but what the H is a chupa??

...when did this happen?

how am i the only one who doesnt know about it?

What - getting caught out on Wikipedia? You told me? (religion wasn't it?) You said you would never trust it again? I will look up the post, although looking at your profile, it does not seem to be working ATM I get -

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
- according to this you have never posted. Sorry if I have you mixed up with someone else. Edited by psyche101

i know i should know this but what the H is a chupa??

el chupacabra?

chupa was just a short form.