Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death always comes in threes?

Rosewin

I've noticed/wondered about this too, I thought I was the only one. It's probably all just coincidence but still.

Edited by equiiaddict

Nope...not at all. People hear this then they try to match deaths to support this. If it were true, then couldn't you divide the total number of deaths and it would divide by 3...every year? Also, what would the time frame be for this to be true? And what is considered a celebrity?

• Like 2

It usually will be someone you personally know. A relative, a friend, a co-worker...someone who has shared a part of your life. Why in three's only god knows...but, it has happened enough for me to not consider it coincidental.

If it happens in threes people will notice a 'trend', when it just happens in ones or twos, they don't.

Mystery solved.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

It will start with one and then two and then three....then nothing for awhile....then, it starts all over again....and the trend continues on...a pattern maybe....

It will start with one and then two and then three....then nothing for awhile....then, it starts all over again....and the trend continues on...a pattern maybe....

Or maybe not.

Edit: For me to believe you, you need to provide me with verifiable deaths of friends and family members in sets of three, where it stops, starts, stops and starts again. Otherwise, I'm just left to believe anecdotal stories or an urban myth which you happen to believe in?

Edited by Likely Guy

You can always make a 3.

As you get older, you can make one practically every week!

Nope. Globally, about one point eight people die every second. That three celebrities, or friends, or relatives kick the bucket within X amount of time is a coincidence.

World Death Clock

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

if your a pagan, jew, muslim, athiest,catholic....ya..the spirits will murder you in 3's. It's demonic , the Holy Trinity..mocking Christ Jesus. (PS- non of those I have mentioned believe in Christ Jesus)

Edited by easyco69

if your a pagan, jew, muslim, athiest,catholic....ya..the spirits will murder you in 3's. It's demonic , the Holy Trinity..mocking Christ Jesus. (PS- non of those I have mentioned believe in Christ Jesus)

Well no, Catholics are Christian. Probably no surprise ignorance and delusion goes hand in hand.
  • Like 2

heck, muslims also believe in jesus. they just have a different view on who he was and what his message meant. so, all sorts of ignorance there.

anyhow, death doesn't come it threes, it comes in an unceasing wave. people are dying right now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Death always comes in three.

Mia to ana and sarah

Ana to josh and drake

Sarah to belle and gerald

it's an endless chain?

I don't know if I believe this or not. I certainly hope it's not true. Anyway, when I was 14, my house burned to the ground and my mother died in the fire. A year later, my brother was accidentally shot by a friend of his, and about six months after that, my father died of a heart attack. Coincidence? I don't know, but I hope so.

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan

Wait so you're now an orphan? A seriously alone one?

That connection might have something to do with the "never light 3 on the same match" from WWI. The idea for that one was that it was enough time for a sniper to get you sighted.

• Like 1

No, at three people just stop counting.

Unfortunately that's not just superstition it's true, my mother always sez if there is a death who will the other two be? Deaths in my experience have come in 3's. Happened to me in 2012 starting when my favourite cat slipped out the house @ got ran over, then my neighbour died, then my uncle died of a heart attack unnexpectedly all in the space of 8 months. It's that famous saying "trouble comes in three's".

Good Luck is the Number 7 (This is also Biblical) - Perfection - The number of completion is 10 - Mathematically 7 from 10 is 3. That means bad luck - One less than perfect is 1 from 7 (mathematically being 7 - 1) = 6 - .And the devil is 666 (being one (1) less than perfect (7) =6 and then with bad luck 6 repeated 3 times.

Hey, I know an athiest would giggle at this - but who cares!!!

and how many other people died in those eight months? (hint: a lot more than three)

and how many other people died in those eight months? (hint: a lot more than three)

Noone that I knew personally!!!

'Death in threes' is nonsense, because everyone makes their own 3!

If I've heard of someone you haven't heard of, or vice versa, we may have 2 deaths in common, but have a different 3rd.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

From about mid-November to the day after Christmas, there were several deaths that came in several cycles of three where I work.  It started out with two people who worked in another department die unexpectedly and then there were several deaths which came in cycles of three in our office shortly thereafter.  My father died on December 26th and I remember someone telling me that she noticed that all of those in the office who had a first name with the letter L had a death in the family during that time period and most of these individuals lost their father. There was also a co-worker who had the letter L as a first name who died of cancer during this period.  Another strange thing about this was that two fathers had the same first name of Robert (which isn't a common name but it isn't uncommon).  When my father died, the cycle of three thankfully ended.   Another thing in common was that most of the deaths were right before or after the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas). 

Why does it have to be death? Why can't it be something nice like cream puffs. 

Cream puffs always come in threes.

You've got that in your head now, so it's going to be true.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 6

really good cups of tea always come in threes

wait, too much caffeine,  now i can't sleep oh no

13 hours ago, baronesslucy said:

From about mid-November to the day after Christmas, there were several deaths that came in several cycles of three where I work.  It started out with two people who worked in another department die unexpectedly and then there were several deaths which came in cycles of three in our office shortly thereafter.  My father died on December 26th and I remember someone telling me that she noticed that all of those in the office who had a first name with the letter L had a death in the family during that time period and most of these individuals lost their father. There was also a co-worker who had the letter L as a first name who died of cancer during this period.  Another strange thing about this was that two fathers had the same first name of Robert (which isn't a common name but it isn't uncommon).  When my father died, the cycle of three thankfully ended.   Another thing in common was that most of the deaths were right before or after the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas). 

How do you get three from two?

On Wednesday, March 04, 2009 at 5:10 AM, dani10 said:

I kinda do. My dad is a pilot and he always said that plane accidents always comes in 3. So just recently when the accident in Buffalo NY happened, I told my coworkers "well this is the 2nd, there's going to be a 3rd one, you'll see". And just some days later the plane in Amsterdam crashed. :cry:

Jeeze, and none  of these other crashes In 2009 count.

Do people just pick the 3 they want?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aviation_accidents_and_incidents_in_2009

• Like 2