Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death always comes in threes?

Rosewin

I have heard the theory that deaths always come in three. So for instance if someone dies there will be two more people connected to them in some form that will also die. The connections could be as close as familial connections or as distant as being associates within the same industry such as Hollywood. Friends, people in the same neighborhood even though strangers, or anything else that has a common factor.

Has anyone noticed this? Does anyone have examples? Do you believe this is true?

• Like 2

No. It's nothing more than human psychology.

• Like 1

I've heard it's bad luck that comes in threes.

I've often found myself saying 'whatever next', 'if it's not one thing it's something else'....

• Like 1

I have heard the theory that deaths always come in three. So for instance if someone dies there will be two more people connected to them in some form that will also die. The connections could be as close as familial connections or as distant as being associates within the same industry such as Hollywood. Friends, people in the same neighborhood even though strangers, or anything else that has a common factor.

Has anyone noticed this? Does anyone have examples? Do you believe this is true?

I kinda do. My dad is a pilot and he always said that plane accidents always comes in 3. So just recently when the accident in Buffalo NY happened, I told my coworkers "well this is the 2nd, there's going to be a 3rd one, you'll see". And just some days later the plane in Amsterdam crashed. :cry:

• Like 1

I kinda do. My dad is a pilot and he always said that plane accidents always comes in 3. So just recently when the accident in Buffalo NY happened, I told my coworkers "well this is the 2nd, there's going to be a 3rd one, you'll see". And just some days later the plane in Amsterdam crashed. :cry:

wait wait wait if that was the 2nd what was 1

I don't know if I believe this or not. I certainly hope it's not true. Anyway, when I was 14, my house burned to the ground and my mother died in the fire. A year later, my brother was accidentally shot by a friend of his, and about six months after that, my father died of a heart attack. Coincidence? I don't know, but I hope so.

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan

It certainly is an interesting theory, although I can't say I hold it to be true. But that might just be because I've never had any personal experience with it. Still, what do we really know about death at all?

wait wait wait if that was the 2nd what was 1

The first one was the Hudson river crash :tu:

• Like 1

I don't know if I believe it to be true. I only know 3 people that I was close to that died though. My brother, my uncle, and my grandmother. What's really wierd is that it went in that order. Youngest to oldest. Isn't that sad.

it seems to be true in my town.

people always go in threes. not family members though.

ive only lost, two people who were really very close to me.

I've heard this one all my life..."Stars fall in threes". I guess, when one famous person dies, we become a little more likely to be paying attention for a while afterwards. Then, I guess after we hear of about three or so dying, we lose interest again! LOL! WE are so sick as a species! LOL!

By the way, with Paul Harvey, the news commentator, having just passed, I wonder who the NEXT two will be?

Interesting theory...

My cousin Brian died and for two years nothing happened. Then one of my best friend's Jeff died from pills & alcohol.

Brian wasn't really close to me, though. I hardly knew him. He was always drifting from coast to coast, hitchhiking.

Jeff was pretty close to me, though.

I think I am with thebluevalentine on this. What do we really know about death?

I certainly think bad luck comes in threes. D: And all at once, too. I've never seen death occur in threes, though.

I think it also depends on how long you are willing to wait between the three events so is it three bad luck events within a week or a month and so on. Also, I wonder if sometimes we have a misfortune and feel down about it so other misfortunes tend to be more obvious too us and then it all seems to stack up.

I haven't really thought about it in regard to deaths (I haven't had to, thanks goodness) but "they always come in threes" with regard to incidents of bad luck is something I've said myself on occasion.

I think it also depends on how long you are willing to wait between the three events so is it three bad luck events within a week or a month and so on. Also, I wonder if sometimes we have a misfortune and feel down about it so other misfortunes tend to be more obvious too us and then it all seems to stack up.

I haven't really thought about it in regard to deaths (I haven't had to, thanks goodness) but "they always come in threes" with regard to incidents of bad luck is something I've said myself on occasion.

What about all in one day? XD I have some of the oddest unlucky days ever. For instance, my computer will crash, my cat will get deathly ill, and something else equally horrible will happen within hours of each other, but at the end of the day everything fixes itself. I HATE days like that. Where you start to think things can't get any worse, and then they actually do. :lol: Happens to me all the time.

What about all in one day? XD I have some of the oddest unlucky days ever. For instance, my computer will crash, my cat will get deathly ill, and something else equally horrible will happen within hours of each other, but at the end of the day everything fixes itself. I HATE days like that. Where you start to think things can't get any worse, and then they actually do. :lol: Happens to me all the time.

That is a bad day and a half - I bet you feel like going back to bed!

BTW - Glad to hear your cat came out of it okay!

Edited by schizoidwoman

That is a bad day and a half - I bet you feel like going back to bed!

BTW - Glad to hear your cat came out of it okay!

Sometimes I do. :lol:

Some how he always does, rofl, he's a fighter.

I've never heard this theory before. Though in my opinion, death is so prevalent it could easily be coincidence. I don't like to entertain this idea though, it reminds me of how some think our lives have a plan, that our coarse is set.

I definitely heard of it among Celebrities and sports greats.

When Paul Newman died, is the last time I thought about 'who the next two will be?'

A lot of times it does happen in threes. At least that's what I experienced throughout my life.

• Like 1

Of course, there are so many "famous" people that they can make a news story about some actor or politician dying nearly everyday. I guess it only seems like they die in threes because when there are a few a slow news days i a row, it's an easy story to do and they know that some segment of the population will be interested.

If this is true then the population will fall pretty quick

• Like 1

In my world I have always found deaths to come in three. My Grandfather then my two uncles within weeks. Then there was my Aunt followed by to cousins-agian within weeks. Then their was my Dad, followed by my Aunt followed by my Mom's bestfriends husband-these deaths occured within days.