Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What really is an Avatar?

Scarlet Pimpernel

I have spent many years researching the subjects of history, forbidden history, theology, science, philosophy and psychology and have come to some rather astounding conclussions.

I went truth searching but some of what I have found takes me into areas of knowledge that have made people (even those who claim to be truth seekers) rather nervous. I have gone back many thousands of years, delved into languages and customs and tried to reallyextend my understanding.

I will begin a set of posts here that I hope will really stretch the thinking of people who like to think profoundly and "out of the box". I do not intend to shock, but to educate myself and hopefully impart some of my information to those who have a mind to listen. I would hope to find many such people in a truth seeking community like this one.

We know so little about our world. I went searching for knowledge through the mess that our leaders have created, I went searching for understanding of why. I found more than I bargained for, I found the meaning of hell but I also found the glory and wisdom of God. I am ready to share with you all now. I look forward to your comments.

Here is a post about Avatars and what, in light of my reasearch, they appear to mean.

-------------------------------------------------

You know, if you really want to understand how our world is organised then ask yourself why the Ascended Masters are sometimes called Avatars.

Let's start with a dictionary:

av·a·tar ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-tär)

n.

1) The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.

2) An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.

3) A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar.

1. <chat, virtual reality> An image representing a user in a

multi-user virtual reality (or VR-like, in the case of

Ah yes, that is us. At the very end.

However, the word Avatar actually comes from a root in Sanskrit. Doesn't everything seem to?

The root is the word "ava" meaning "down". "taratti" refers to motion or crossing.

So interestingly the Sanskrit word of Avatar means one who is "descended".

Of course, they are the Fallen Ones. How silly, it was right in front of us all the time.

As a denizen of Internet forums you will, of course, understand the lure of the Avatar. The Avatar hides the persona underneath. The same person can carry multiple avatars and be anyone they choose to be. Even a being of ugliness can have beauty.

Dark can become light, hate can become love - illusion, games with Avatars.

Heck on many forums multi-avatar personalities are almost urban legends. Break the illusion of the Avatar.

Your one and only saviour is God.

How many Avatars do you think the Fallen Ones have?

His/Her name is Legion.

Scamp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azael

• man_in_mudboots

• Scarlet Pimpernel

• STIX

huh? i was following you up until this part:

So interestingly the Sanskrit word of Avatar means one who is "descended".
the rest is too philosophical?

Scarlet Pimpernel,

You have an interesting point. Keep going.

What exactly do you mean by the Fallen Ones - the fallen angels? So you say that the Fallen Ones have many avatars. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with your statement that Avatar means "Ascended Master" and also means "Descended". It has to be only one of these two. Unless you are implying that the Ascended Masters are actually fallen creatures. Hm, I cannot accept that...

Hi Antares,

"You have an interesting point. Keep going.

What exactly do you mean by the Fallen Ones - the fallen angels? So you say that the Fallen Ones have many avatars. I don't have a problem with that."

Thank you for your comments.

The Avatars are the masks of deception. They hid what is beneath.

"I have a problem with your statement that Avatar means "Ascended Master" and also means "Descended". It has to be only one of these two. Unless you are implying that the Ascended Masters are actually fallen creatures. Hm, I cannot accept that... "

The two are always interchanged. They call themselves Ascended but then the words mean Descended. It is confusing and I think the confusion is deliberate. A bit like with the whole meaning of Atala being hell, whilst some pretend it is paradise. Confusion and deceit. Unfortunately our whole history is shrouded in that making it difficult to extract meaning and truth.

However, the nature of the method by which they achieve changes - the Hegelian Dialect - means that in every synthesis a bit of an original truth is retained even as it is comprimised. The problem comes with cycles of synthesis, where the original grains become smaller and smaller.

But if we search and dig it is funny how the dots seem to connect themselves.

Best wishes

Scamp

I see past your Avatar, your just a skinny nerd with a library card.

jk jk tongue.gif

I dont see the point here, is it that all gods and dieties are one in the same?

Instead of "One who is descended", try one "One who has descended".

That changes the entire thing from the concept of devils and demons to the concept of a Holy being descended from the heavens.

In that light, Yeshua Christi was an Avatar.

Instead of "One who is descended", try one "One who has descended".

That changes the entire thing from the concept of devils and demons to the concept of a Holy being descended from the heavens.

In that light, Yeshua Christi was an Avatar.

Yes, this is it. Azael, I support your point 100 %.

This is a very interesting topic- what both Scarlet Pimpernel & Azael post really illustrate is that the translation or mistranslation of one word can change the entire meaning of a statement.

I see past your Avatar, your just a skinny nerd with a library card.

grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

Oh No Styx!! My secret is out! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Ah well, I only had a few minutes to pop in and look around. I will get to the point a little later, just want to see how the thread pans out a little first.

Best wishes

Scamp

The Avatars are not fallen ones,or not always fallen ones take Lord buddah,or Lord Caitanya for example,they appeared in human form in order to teach.

my idea of this process is practicality,if the lord appeared in his other forms it would be confusing for us,for example if we were canines it would be common sense for God to appear as a dog,as it would make communication easier and we would not be scared of him.

The Avatars are not fallen ones,or not always fallen ones take Lord buddah,or Lord Caitanya for example,they appeared in human form in order to teach.

my idea of this process is practicality,if the lord appeared in his other forms it would be confusing for us,for example if we were canines it would be common sense for God to appear as a dog,as it would make communication easier and we would not be scared of him.

Unless it's the Christian religon.

God's literal form on earth is little more than a chair - the Ark of Covenant.

God's literal form on earth is little more than a chair -

Then God is very comfy.

God's literal form on earth is little more than a chair -

Then God is very comfy.

sounds like something charlie brown would say

(reffering to your avatar in the way that I believe you are charlie brown)

i think not. The God of the christian religion's literal form on earth is Jesus Christ.

i think not. The God of the christian religion's literal form on earth is Jesus Christ.

Eh, then someone hasn't studied their dogma.

The Ark is the literal representation of God on Earth.

Jesus is not a representation of God.

Rather, Jesus is a representative of the Holy Trinity.

Remember, that funny little thing that let's Christian have three deities while still be called monotheistic?

I though christ was the son of god?

I'm disappointed in you people.

Avatar, accourding to SP, are a temp manifestion of a fallen deity.

Why would GOD, have an Avatar? His not fallen.

And of all things on this earth, why would the ARK be his AVATAR.

HIS GOD, we don't a drawing or an object to point him out?

Eh, then someone hasn't studied their dogma.

The Ark is the literal representation of God on Earth.

Jesus is not a representation of God.

Rather, Jesus is a representative of the Holy Trinity.

Remember, that funny little thing that let's Christian have three deities while still be called monotheistic?

Edit; removed offensive commentdont you lecture me on dogma. i have studied this dogma for ten of my thirteen years. the dogma is that Christ is God. there are three divisions (or dieties, if that helps you) of God:

God the father (creator)

God the son ( jesus Christ, redeemer and judge)

God the Holy spirit (maintainer and grace giver)

pretty much like the three of the hindus, brahman, vishnu, and shiva, except that there is no set destroyer, rather, Jesus judges.

in answer to Mr. Stix, Jesus is referred to as 'the son of God' because he is the result of God the father fertilizing a human, Mary. upon the instant of conception, all humans are given a soul, in this case, the son Mary was having was given not a soul, but God the son himself. therefore he is not the son of God the father. three divisions, one God. its a sacred mystery, apparently not one we are meant to understand. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Magikman

You are so right, in fact, my head is hairless and shiny, just like Charlie Brown's! laugh.gif

You are so right, in fact, my head is hairless and shiny, just like Charlie Brown's!

he admits it.......

quite a few men would take the advantage and say 'no, i have plenty hair......' but not Mr. Snuffy.

Edit

I beg your pardon?

i have studied this dogma for ten of my thirteen years.

Also, why are you still claiming to be 13...Oh yeah, you forgot your birthday.

QUOTE (man_in_mudboots @ Apr 6 2004, 07:52 PM)

man_in_ mud boots if you are going to lie about your age change your profile.

Your profile shows your birthday as

12 March 1990

that would make you 14. 

Edited by Magikman

dont you lecture me on dogma, Edit i have studied this dogma for ten of my thirteen years. the dogma is that Christ is God. there are three divisions (or dieties, if that helps you) of God:

God the father (creator)

God the son ( jesus Christ, redeemer and judge)

God the Holy spirit (maintainer and grace giver)

pretty much like the three of the hindus, brahman, vishnu, and shiva, except that there is no set destroyer, rather, Jesus judges. Edit

Edit; removed derogatory remark you don't know jack.

You don't even have the right definition of dogma.

dog·ma ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dôgm, dg-)

n. pl. dog·mas or dog·ma·ta (-m-t)

A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.

And don't give me that crap that "dogma is an opinion/belief on a given subject". Dogma is doctrine - not opinion and idea.

Christ is A god, not God himself. You missed the entire point of the Holy Trinity, which is the single most important concept in Christianity.

The Father represents order and rule

The Son represents compassion and faith

The Spirit represents good and hope

Each are their own entity. Except for the spirit, which is a wholly man-made idea created in a vain attempt to keep Christianity monotheistic.

"I have studied this dogma for ten of my thirteen years!"

No you haven't! Edit You sat in church and listen to some guys who jacks off in the confession yap his mouth off!

That's not studying - that's remotely paying attention!

That's parroting something that was invented by man's hand!

I bet you don't even know who Azael is!

It is he that fathered Azza from Naamah!

It is he that revealed the Arcanna to Solomon!

It is he that taught women to wear make-up and men to forge weapons!

You have no idea about the whole basis of Judeo-Christemdom do you?

You think you're a big, smart, little preteen because you can pay attention to a choirboy banging priest.

You believe God is all storybook and rainbow.

You got a lot to learn, kid.

I screwed with things I shouldn't have, and I paid a heavy toll for my sin, but now I know a lot more than when I committed the deed. You should open your mind and see what has been hidden from you by the hand of man.

Edited by Magikman

I'm disappointed in you people.

Avatar, accourding to SP, are a temp manifestion of a fallen deity.

Why would GOD, have an Avatar? His not fallen.

And of all things on this earth, why would the ARK be his AVATAR.

HIS GOD, we don't a drawing or an object to point him out?

An avatar according to SP is a manifestation of a fallen deity.

But that's according to SP. No one said he was right.

Why would God choose the Ark to be his manifestation?

It is a riddle that reveals that the nature of the Ineffable.

Solve it, and you will know His methods.