Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New "Ghost Hunters" spin-off on SciFi...

Stormcrow

The February/March issue of TAPS Paramag declares that Steve and Dave (of the original Ghost Hunters) have been recruited for their own paranormal show on SciFi.

The show is not yet titled and is supposed to feature the two Ghost Hunters training new investigators and then testing them in real world paranormal situations.

"I was really hesitant at first," said Steve "I really feel that all of these paranormal shows are hurting the field and I don't want to leave the original Ghost Hunters show. I had many long walks with the production company and Jason and Grant, I had some encouragment from Jason and Grant. I think they would like another show that they can be proud of - unlike the barely watchable GHI.

The last bit made me ROFL, but anyway. What do you guys think will become of Steve and Dave's now show? I hope it doesn't turn out like GHI, because no joke, I hate it.

TAPS are also signed for their sixth season for 2010--and are currently filming season five.

(Don't turn this into a GH debate. I think it's pretty obvious where everyone's opinion lies right now.)

Edited by Ebonykrow

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Plainbob13

• Amnesiac

• Staceyinfo

linked-image

How dare you insult my show...

ROFL. (Imo, Brian is the worst. D: Brian and... What's his name. Barry?)

Like I said, this is not a discussion on TAPS reliability. Don't go there. :/

I just don't watch any of it anymore. I might catch this one whenever it first comes out, though.

I don't watch it at all, I actually barely even what GH anymore, save for the show-and-tell bits. Have to admit, I liked the earlier seasons more, and I seriously wish they'd get rid of Kris. XD

I don't watch it at all, I actually barely even what GH anymore, save for the show-and-tell bits. Have to admit, I liked the earlier seasons more, and I seriously wish they'd get rid of Kris. XD

It really went down hill when brian was fired or left. Come on how can ya not like Kris......she's so dreamy ....lol sorry couldn't help myself.

Eh, Steve is ok. I can deal with him.

Brian needs a lobotomy. Drives me nuts "DUDE...Dude...did you hear that? Dude?"

ARG!!

HN

ARG!!

HN

But thats what made it funny. And when he'd freak out. Ahhhh goood times. Steve is a powder puff. He'll freak out over everything. OH NO A BUG ! ITS ON ME! It's hard to believe he was a cop.

ARG!!

HN

Steve is a rather nice and interesting guy (met him at the tattoo place I go to). Who doesn't dislike Brian?

I havn't watched GH since the second season, have never watched GHI or those other paranormal shows.

This one though sounds like it might actually have things to offer. Maybe show us the equipment they use, tell us about it, etc.

I might watch an episode or two and see how it is.

It really went down hill when brian was fired or left. Come on how can ya not like Kris......she's so dreamy ....lol sorry couldn't help myself.

I think it was better off without him. :P Imo, Donna was better. D: Maybe not better looking, but I wish the show hadn't gone that way--they were doing perfectly well with the male audience before.

ARG!!

HN

DUDE, RUN!

Nah, Steve's okay though, at least he has a sense of humor.

But thats what made it funny. And when he'd freak out. Ahhhh goood times. Steve is a powder puff. He'll freak out over everything. OH NO A BUG ! ITS ON ME! It's hard to believe he was a cop.

Isn't he still a cop? I know a lot of guys like that, though, rofl. My step-brother, big man, works in Africa on military helicopters, is scared to death of bugs and anything that looks to be remotely paranormal. My brother told him a story about having seen a glowing man in the family room, my step-brother said that he had to run from one end to the house to the other after hearing that. XD

I don't know about this. i like both Steve and Dave, but I kind of feel like Steve, that there are plenty of paranormal shows on tv. If you go to www.bio.com,which is I think the Biography Channel, they have some paranormal shows as well.

The thing is to me it seems like they are almost going to destroy TAPS, since they want to spin off these shows, with some of their investigators.First it was Ghost Hunters International, and now this.

O.o

I guess I'm the odd one out here.... I love both GH and GHI... I might watch this spin-off, too, if I like it.

I prefer these ones to ones like Paranormal State (*gag*). Tried to watch a couple episodes of that one and got a headache from rolling my eyes so much. (sorry, Ebony, that was my only off-shoot, I promise. ^_^ )

I like Steve and Dave, I think they'd do a good job - and the only person I'm glad is NOT on those shows anymore is Brian. He's rude, insulting, and not in the least bit professional, ever. He annoyed the hell out of me, and I was so glad when he left for good from both shows.

I don't know about this. i like both Steve and Dave, but I kind of feel like Steve, that there are plenty of paranormal shows on tv. If you go to www.bio.com,which is I think the Biography Channel, they have some paranormal shows as well.

The thing is to me it seems like they are almost going to destroy TAPS, since they want to spin off these shows, with some of their investigators.First it was Ghost Hunters International, and now this.

Dunno, depends on how many people keep watching. As far as money goes, I don't think it will do a thing to them. If this show with Dave and Steve turns out to be more oriented toward education (like I think it will be), I don't think it will harm the team as much s GHI.

O.o

I guess I'm the odd one out here.... I love both GH and GHI... I might watch this spin-off, too, if I like it.

I prefer these ones to ones like Paranormal State (*gag*). Tried to watch a couple episodes of that one and got a headache from rolling my eyes so much. (sorry, Ebony, that was my only off-shoot, I promise. ^_^ )

I like Steve and Dave, I think they'd do a good job - and the only person I'm glad is NOT on those shows anymore is Brian. He's rude, insulting, and not in the least bit professional, ever. He annoyed the hell out of me, and I was so glad when he left for good from both shows.

That's fine. XD I think most people gag when it comes to PS. I certainly do. D:

Same! Brian was the worst, but I think he's changed a smidgen after being inducted to GHI. I did notice in one episode where Barry was taunting a child ghost that Brian was getting a bit worried, though in the end I think it was all a joke...? Still, I was a bit glad to see Brian's reaction to it, though I think he does still have quite a bit to learn in the area of respect and professionalism.

none of these people should be on tv. really, yet, in this age of mediocrity, what does it even matter?

Same! Brian was the worst, but I think he's changed a smidgen after being inducted to GHI. I did notice in one episode where Barry was taunting a child ghost that Brian was getting a bit worried, though in the end I think it was all a joke...? Still, I was a bit glad to see Brian's reaction to it, though I think he does still have quite a bit to learn in the area of respect and professionalism.

I agree, I did notice he got a little better after jumping onto GHI... but as you watch the episodes progress, you can see him slowly sliding back into the same stuff. :/

I agree, I did notice he got a little better after jumping onto GHI... but as you watch the episodes progress, you can see him slowly sliding back into the same stuff. :/

Sigh. D: Hope he doesn't "lose" any equipment this time!

GH rules and GHI is a joke,and by the way,wheres the proof that GH makes up phony material,i'd like to read this article myself,so thanks to any who can help

:)

GH rules and GHI is a joke,and by the way,wheres the proof that GH makes up phony material,i'd like to read this article myself,so thanks to any who can help

Push that GH rules stuff alittle harder. I think a few people might have missed it.

Enjoy.

Tons of information on GH. Many examples of the faking.

Knock yourself out.

HN

But let's keep the faking discussion for another thread. :tu:

But let's keep the faking discussion for another thread. :tu:

Agreed. That is where the link goes.

HN

Also, a new GH season starts this Wednesday. I can't seem to find any info about the upcoming episodes or anything though.

I FREAKING HATE GHI!! They tick me off so bad most times. They "declare" a place to be haunted on nothing at all and those EVP's! Are you kidding me? They pull crap out of plain static. They hardly ever try to debunk anything. And I can't stand that black haired chick with the super dark eyeliner. She is SO full of crap. "Oh something had me pinned to the bed last night." Really? And you waited till the next day to let the team in on it? Like you wouldn't wake them up no matter the time to come and try to verify it? I mean you know, since you are there to RECORD PARANORMAL ACTIVITY!!

They barely follow any of the rules that Jason and Grant have always tried to follow. I can't wait for the new season of regular Ghost Hunters to start tomorrow night.

Sorry, I had to vent. :blush:

Also, a new GH season starts this Wednesday. I can't seem to find any info about the upcoming episodes or anything though.

Thats simple. The Baldfather and grant go to a house or hotel or whatever. The get EVPs, shadows and whatnot. Declare it haunted and pat themselves on the back.