Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women in Military

fearfulone

I always asked myself this about women in the military or even in firefighting-If find I've become trapped under a collapsed wall and had very little time before I'm shot or burned to death-who do I want trying to lift whatever has fallen on me? Or who do I want trying to break down a door to aid or rescue me?

I don't think they should be on the front lines but fine in any other capacity.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Seraphina

• KayEl

• wunarmdscissor

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, Sweetpumper. I have thought of that, too. I don't think women should be on the front lines fighting men, either. It's not an equal fight.

The thinking, though, is: if women want to have equal rights, they have to fight on the front lines like a man. They have to do everything a man does, which isn't fair or right, but the women's movement see no other way to get equal billing. The pendulum has to swing clear to the other side before it comes back to the middle and creates a balance. Then and only then will women achieve equality.

\There has been talk of how hard it would be for a male soldier to shoot a female soldier (on the opposite side).

Now theres an idea for our enemies to consider: An all female army. tongue.gif

I don't think that detered those Iraqis though... sad.gif

Edited by Naveed

Women have the ability to do things better then men, they can concerntrate better, can do more then one thing at a time. Lets face it, behind every great man, there is a woman telling him what to do, so yeah I think women in the forces is a good idea. It may not be a fair fight in hand to hand combat, but neither is domestic abuse

Women have the ability to do things better then men,

If they do, they should be running the world.

As for the phrase of behind every great man is a woman who tells him what to do....

It is easier to do the talk instead of walking the walk. whistling2.gif

Edited by KayEl

It's just like that in the courtroom...they rape the victim again. The lawyer victimizes the victim. (female).

Let us say that rape is a very serious charge that cannot be taken lightly. Sometimes we just cannot take a victim's words for it. Otherwise, disgruntled women will be crying rape out of spite to screw some guy over.

Men can't do what women can do, KayEl. For starters, you can't have babies .... without that talent the world stops.

It's just like that in the courtroom...they rape the victim again. The lawyer victimizes the victim. (female).

Let us say that rape is a very serious charge that cannot be taken lightly. Sometimes we just cannot take a victim's words for it. Otherwise, disgruntled women will be crying rape out of spite to screw some guy over.

That is a reality, but a small minority accuse a man of rape to 'screw' him over. Most rapes are rapes...and guys get away with this crime. And, not only is the woman raped by the man, she is raped again by the male-dominated courts. ph34r.gif

Women have the ability to do things better then men, they can concerntrate better, can do more then one thing at a time. Lets face it, behind every great man, there is a woman telling him what to do, so yeah I think women in the forces is a good idea. It may not be a fair fight in hand to hand combat, but neither is domestic abuse

You know that attitude really bugs me. Im all for equal rights but thats just wrong.

It wasnt albert einsteins wife who came up with the theory of relativity, It wasnt John logie Baird's wife who invented the TV , it wasnt Alexander Graham Bell's wife who invented the telephone.

Its utter nonesense to say that behind every great man theres a woman. lol

It insulting to these guys who worked hard for themselves for some feminist to claim that it really was all women who did everything.

You know that attitude really bugs me. Im all for equal rights but thats just wrong.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif GIRL POWER tongue.gifwub.gif

Edited by Revengeful_Angel

Seeing as its You RA ill let you away wiv it wub.gif Just cos lol

KayEl...

Let us say that rape is a very serious charge...

Let us say?!!!

Tell me KayEl, when was the last time you heard of a woman raping a man?

You don't know what it's like!

About three percent of American men ?- a total of 2.78 million men?have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. [Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women 1998.]

In 2002, one in every eight rape victims were male. [NCVS 2002]

I work with women in the military and I can asure you that not one of them is up to fighting on the front-line. That's not to say that they are not good soldiers, just that they cannot function on the higher level required on the battle field.

In one of the easiest training days I attended, we were training for FIBUA( fighting in a biult up area), every woman that was there that day stated that it was one of hardest thing they had done in the're military career.... shocking.

Men can't do what women can do, KayEl. For starters, you can't have babies .... without that talent the world stops.

Well...good riddance!! w00t.gif

When is the last time you heard a man willingly having sex with a woman and then turn it around and claim he was raped?

When is the last time you heard a man willingly having sex with a woman and then turn it around and claim he was raped?

Did you just make my point?!! w00t.giflaugh.gifwhistling2.gif

Edited by Babs

About three percent of American men ?- a total of 2.78 million men?have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. [Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women 1998.]

In 2002, one in every eight rape victims were male. [NCVS 2002]

Thank you, <bleeding_heart>, for providing those statistics. I was getting ready to look for some material that made the same point.

Of course you most often hear about women being raped, but it's not just about numbers. It's difficult enough for a woman to admit she was victimized. I imagine that it would be much more difficult for a man to admit he was raped given the social norms and standards of our society. Plus, men are the ones with the "weapon". That simple fact alone would make it very likely for a man to blame himself or fear that others would not believe him.

But back to the original topic...

Sure I think that women should be allowed to serve in the military. I think they can play a vital role if they choose the armed services as a career. I don't know about putting women on the front lines, though. Though I've never really thought about it until reading this thread, I can see how a woman might not have what it takes for this kind of combat. On the other hand, I think that women should be allowed to make decisions for themselves. I haven't really made up my mind on this one.

Even if it is proven that women are incapable of fighting on the front lines, I don't think that women should scream about inequality nor should men take it as a sign of their superiority (not that most would). It would just be another example of the differences in gender. Generally speaking, women have superior skills to men in some areas, just like men have superior skills to women in others. This is one of the things that makes life as well as many marriages and partnerships so rich, rewarding and successful. (NOTE: This is not to say that homosexual partnerships can't be rich, rewarding, or successful, too. I think they can. I'm sure that will start a whole different argument, but it is not my intent.)

Edited by Permakid

In one of the easiest training days I attended, we were training for FIBUA( fighting in a biult up area), every woman that was there that day stated that it was one of hardest thing they had done in the're military career.... shocking.

don't they also have easier requirements? i know in Australia the prereqs for fitness etc for the basic footsoldier are easier for women then men, which begs the question, why would you not want your troops of the same level regardless?

don't they also have easier requirements? i know in Australia the prereqs for fitness etc for the basic footsoldier are easier for women then men, which begs the question, why would you not want your troops of the same level regardless?

Bathory because youd get the feminist lets burn our bras brigade up in arms claiming inequality. BTW these women dont want equality they want the tables turned. How noble a quest is that? wacko.gif

The simple fact is that discounting exceptional circumstances women are physically unable to match men. This means that on the whole they acnt function to the same level as a man. Its just a basic physiological fact, not some chauvinist army guy.

Bathory

Yes you're correct in your assumption of women not needing the same standards as men.

I am currently in training for a PTI's course and, would you believe it, women are passed of the course at a lower physical level than men.

one example is that men are required to do 51 press-ups in 2 minutes, women on the other hand are only required to do 23 in the same 2 minutes. It's double standards in my book.

You also must run 1.5 miles in under 9.5 mins.... women 11.5 mins.

So to that end, how can a female physical training instructor get the same standard of fitness required from her pupils as her male counter-part?

Answer is she ca'nt.

NO but ave heard of a man raping another man.

Yes. Men rape men, men rape women and men rape children. Isn't it funny how it's always a man?

wun, wrote:

BTW these women don't want equality they want the tables turned. How noble a quest is that?

*Wouldn't you want the tables turned if you were beaten down for centuries.*

Edited by Babs