Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women in Military

fearfulone

Yes, we could all to into how the law is ridiculously biased in favour of woman...especially in the areas of divorce proceedings, alimony payments, and child custody, but the topic IS about the military. So, all that being true...

I think it's clear that the general agreement is that women do have the right to join the military...but only if they're prepared to be held to the same physical standards as male soldiers. Serving in the armed forces should be about defending your country and its people, not about having an axe to grind about your gender's place in the world.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Seraphina

• KayEl

• wunarmdscissor

permakid  will you marry me? wub.gif

I have no idea how I just noticed this post. Though I'm flattered, wunarmdscissor, I'm already married. blush.giflaugh.gif

On another note I'm leaving tomorrow on a two-week vacation, so won't be around for at least that long. Though it feels weird telling you all, I also feel like I should let you know why I'm not posting. huh.gif

Edited by Permakid

Women should be allowed to serve their country without harrassment; they should be allowed to defend their country.

Edited by Babs

Yes, we could all to into how the law is ridiculously biased in favour of woman...especially in the areas of divorce proceedings, alimony payments, and child custody, but the topic IS about the military. So, all that being true...

I think it's clear that the general agreement is that women do have the right to join the military...but only if they're prepared to be held to the same physical standards as male soldiers. Serving in the armed forces should be about defending your country and its people, not about having an axe to grind about your gender's place in the world.

It's obvious that you are young and haven't been out in the world, yet: married, had kids, been through the divorce courts...

bleeding heart...

You don't seem to have much of a bleeding heart for women. idea.gif

I have provided statistics from official and/or respected sources which you have chosen to disregard, fair enough. This does not indicate what my feeling are in any way.

You obviously know nothing about me. So I'll tell you a bit.

1. I prefer to look at a bit of fact instead of being blinded by hatred.

2. I HAVE been through courts and seen the bias in favour of women.

3. I dont accuse an entire sex of something they didnt do because either a single person or a select group has done something against me, someone I know or someone I read about.

I haven't disregarded anything...I gave statistics. original.gif

1. I gave facts...did you read them?

2. I have been through the courts and seen the bias in favor of men.

3. I don't accuse the entire sex.

bleedingheart wrote:

I don't accuse an entire sex of something they didn't do because either a single person or a select group has done something against me, someone I know or someone I read about.

You don't know me, either. I have practical experience as a women's advocate working at a battered womens' shelter. I can give you all kinds of statistics, but then that would be off-topic. original.gif

I don't have all that hatred you are talking about...I like the male sex; I even love men, but I have to get the information out. The information is very important.

I still wonder about your feelings toward women. dontgetit.gif

I think you make good points, Babs. I don't find anything excessive or man-hating in what you say.

Hi Agent_21 original.gif Thank you.

Women have the ability to do things better then men,

If they do, they should be running the world.

As for the phrase of behind every great man is a woman who tells him what to do....

It is easier to do the talk instead of walking the walk. whistling2.gif

Women running the world is a good idea, but do you think that while the boys have their men’s only club, including the government, that women will be given a chance. Most men, not all but most think women would be better off in the kitchen, looking after the family and raising children. With an attitude like that, how are women suppose to get a head in the world when we are still considered second class citizens, and with men in charge, women will be kept down for as long a possible. disgust.gif

Women running the world is a good idea, but do you think that while the boys have their men’s only club, including the government, that women will be given a chance.

I don't know how it is in the states, but over here there are plenty of women MPs...in fact, last time I checked, a rather ridiculous law was being passed so that, regardless of ability, half of all MPs had to be female: another incident of political correctness giving a kick in the nuts to common sense. People should be judged by their ability, not their gender.

We've actually experienced what it's like to have a woman in charge of the country...Miss Margarette Thatcher, who screwed up the country so much that the economy is still reeling from it. It's actually quite sad to think the only example of a female Prime Minister did such a horrible job that there probably won't be one again in our lifetime.

Doom girl you said:

Women have the ability to do things better then men, they can concerntrate better, can do more then one thing at a time. Lets face it, behind every great man, there is a woman telling him what to do, so yeah I think women in the forces is a good idea. It may not be a fair fight in hand to hand combat, but neither is domestic abuse 

Then I said

You know that attitude really bugs me. Im all for equal rights but thats just wrong.

It wasnt albert einsteins wife who came up with the theory of relativity, It wasnt John logie Baird's wife who invented the TV , it wasnt Alexander Graham Bell's wife who invented the telephone.

Its utter nonesense to say that behind every great man theres a woman. lol

It insulting to these guys who worked hard for themselves for some feminist to claim that it really was all women who did everything.

U have then went on to say that it is our attitude that is the problem when your just as chauvinistic as any man ive ever heard. You ignored my post last time neway.

I mean your typ of attitue is also an insult to the millions of men who have ever contributed anything to society invluding the MILLIONS who died for YOU during WW2 ETC. , your saying that it was their wives that get the credit for them too eh?.

Your attitude is just as bad as a male chauvinist.

Edited by wunarmdscissor

I agree with you doomgirl. thumbsup.gif

Remember that saying, ''You have nothing to fear, but fear itself" President Roosevelt said that.....But wait! I just learned the president borrowed that saying from his wife, Eleanore Roosevelt. It seems that famous phrase originated from the 'little woman'; the president happily borrowed it. cool.gif

You never know how much women influence men; they aren't allowed 'out' in the world (like a man).

Edited by Babs

You know that attitude really bugs me. Im all for equal rights but thats just wrong.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif GIRL POWER tongue.gifwub.gif

I like your style R.A. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

President Roosevelt said that.....

Wait, wait...you said "behind every great man..." tongue.gif Don't start bring Roosevelt into it, you're confusing the issue.

Seraphina wrote:

...another incident of political correctness giving a kick in the nuts to common sense. People should be judged by their ability, not their gender.

Women over here don't get equal pay for equal jobs. Women do the same job as a man and get paid less. (Across the board). disgust.gif Isn't that another kick in the nuts to common sense? Then people have the nerve to complain about women not being able to meet the physical requirements of military duty! Women get the short end of the stick, wherever they turn.

People are judged by their gender.

Take off your rose-colored glasses.

President Roosevelt said that.....

Wait, wait...you said "behind every great man..." tongue.gif Don't start bring Roosevelt into it, you're confusing the issue.

I didn't make that statement...this is a famous phrase that someone else brought up. tongue.gif

sorry if someone else posted this but my eyes can't take it anymore to many spots in my vision, so last time i checked we were fighting with guns and bombs correct? not like sword knives and axe warfare way back when, now hand to hand combat may sometimies occour but quite unlikely if your a normal soldier correct? also if we're fighting with guns don't we all have the same aim? sure runing etc can be harder but these days we're being droped right on the battle lines by helicopters, lol i wish fihgting was still done with swords and shields because now days you can dye before you ever get a shot off very easily sad.gif

Yes, guns are the great equalizer.

Do the statistics you mention take into account productivity? Overtime? There are any number of reasons why the scales might be tipped one way or the other; most of the jobs where men and women work alongside each other to any degree that would allow comparison are actually jobs more suited to the male brain...for example the sciences, mathmatics and the like, and so would likely result in a higher degree of performance from our male counterparts, just as in some areas there are higher levels of female performance (though for most such jobs, male participation is very low).

For every source or reference you find, they'll be just as many that would disagree with you. My veiw of women's place in employment isn't brought on by "rose tinted glasses", it's because of what I see in the world around me.

I was brought up in a world where a woman can sue for sexual discrimination because a man was given a job instead of her, even if the man is better qualified.

I live in a world where a man can be left with £17 a week to live on, because he needs to give money to his divorced wife, even if she has her own job!

I live in a world where, in case of a divorce, the female partner will get custody of children, and the family home (unless she happens to be an alchoholic or drug user) solely by the definition of her gender.

One of the many reasons I'm not a feminist is because I look at feminism today and I actually find my stomach turning at how some women regard men, and the way they make themselves feel hard done too, form they're little protest groups, and demand all these ridiculous conscesions in their favour. It's no longer about equality, it's about getting the shoe on the other foot, and it's sickening that they make such a pretense of it.

So stop looking at the world through your Oprah Winfrey glasses.

However....we could debate this all day, and it's not the subject of the debate...the point is the military, and I fail to see how you can possibly claim that women should be allowed to be soldiers unless they're willing to be held to the same standards as male soldiers. We're not talking about a supporting role three hundred miles behind the line, but soldiers who are risking their lives, and the lives of their team mates, after recieving half asses training, because they wanted to strike their blow for feminism.

So stop looking at the world through your Oprah Winfrey glasses.

laugh.gif one of the best phrases i've heard in a while

very nicely done seraphina and chico your right it's probally the best one i've heard in a year grin2.gif

very nicely done seraphina and chico your right it's probally the best one i've heard in a year

See rule three lads, see rule three cool.gif

Seraphina....you don't have enough life experience to be spouting off like you do. And, you certainly don't have enough experience as a woman.

As for Oprah LOL ....I had a belly laugh on that one.... I can't stand her.

And as for:

...soldiers who are risking their lives, and the lives of their team mates...

If you read my posts you would see that I totally agree. original.gif The men have to worry about the woman (it's nature) and the woman in turn would endanger the mens' safety. Because of this concern and because she isn't as strong as a man, I don't think women should be on the front lines. It isn't fair to the woman, either.

Women fighting men is not fair.

But, you know, down the road, things change and I don't know how society will rectify or balance that, but if it does, I reserve the right to change my mind. grin2.gifw00t.gif

I got one more question Seraphina...are you really a gal? cool.gif