Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revealed: the secrets of belly button fluff

UM-Bot

bellybutton.jpg
A chemist has discovered the true nature behind one of the most perplexing mysteries of our age - where on earth does belly button fluff actually come from ?

"After three years of research, Georg Steinhauser, a chemist, has discovered a type of body hair that traps stray pieces of lint and draws them into the navel. Dr Steinhauser made his discovery after studying 503 pieces of fluff from his own belly button. Chemical analysis revealed the pieces of fluff were not made up of only cotton from clothing. Wrapped up in the lint were also flecks of dead skin, fat, sweat and dust. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: The Telegraph

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clubfoot O.M.G.

• Irish

• fenris1011

• WoIverine

I have always wondered how a person who practices normal personal hygiene (daily bath or shower), manages to collect toe jam, and "belly button lint" :hmm: That goes beyond reason for me, I've alway's seen those things as a result of poor hygiene :td:

Edited by Kim81

bellybutton.jpg

A chemist has discovered the true nature behind one of the most perplexing mysteries of our age - where on earth does belly button fluff actually come from ?

"After three years of research, Georg Steinhauser, a chemist, has discovered a type of body hair that traps stray pieces of lint and draws them into the navel. Dr Steinhauser made his discovery after studying 503 pieces of fluff from his own belly button. Chemical analysis revealed the pieces of fluff were not made up of only cotton from clothing. Wrapped up in the lint were also flecks of dead skin, fat, sweat and dust. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | linked-imageSource: The Telegraph

This study on belly button lint has aleady been researched by dr Karl from abc.net.au his findings are similar, with results earlier than the above findings.

Hmmm. This is good to know. Looking through 503 pieces of your own fluff takes some patience...

Hmmm. This is good to know. Looking through 503 pieces of your own fluff takes some patience...

I really hope this has been a long term study if he's producing that much fluff. :o

Hmm...wonder who the girl in the picture is.

Maybe it isn't... maybe it's Georg Steinhauser!

I wonder who paid for that study :unsure: . I’m hoping to get a million dollar grant to study where single socks go when left in the dryer, anyone want to join my research team?.

I wonder who paid for that study :unsure: . I’m hoping to get a million dollar grant to study where single socks go when left in the dryer, anyone want to join my research team?.

I am down.

I can see it now. All over newspapers. "The single most important study in world history".

edit: my grammar terrible is

Edited by fenris1011

I'll join. I've always questioned whether it's the left or the right sock that vanish first, so maybe we could get some extra grant money for that bit of research as well. :D

I'll join too. I've got plenty of abdominal hair so I already knew about belly button lint.

Do you think a million dollars will be enough? :no: This subject has been researched for hundreds of years and we still don't know the answer.

I'll go and put my washing on now to commence phase 1 of the experiment.

Maybe BiffSplitkins will agree to be the 'control' element of the investigation? If Biff doesn't put any washing on we can see if the single socks still disappear, after that can we move into the dryer component of the experiment? :wacko: I think that the dryer should be reverse cycle, the same as my eyes. :blink:

:tu:

I'll join too. I've got plenty of abdominal hair so I already knew about belly button lint.

Do you think a million dollars will be enough? :no: This subject has been researched for hundreds of years and we still don't know the answer.

I'll go and put my washing on now to commence phase 1 of the experiment.

Maybe BiffSplitkins will agree to be the 'control' element of the investigation? If Biff doesn't put any washing on we can see if the single socks still disappear, after that can we move into the dryer component of the experiment? :wacko: I think that the dryer should be reverse cycle, the same as my eyes. :blink:

:tu:

Perhaps Biff could climb in with the socks and video tape for us :P

It's breaking science...Belly button fluff is caused by body hair doing it's purpose. alert the presses!!!!

Perhaps Biff could climb in with the socks and video tape for us :P

Good call!! Washer, dryer or both?

I wonder how big Biff is, I might have to buy a bigger washing machine, I've only got a 5 kg top loader. :ph34r:

I suppose this is the same principele that causes fumunda cheese!

I was thinking of proposing an interdimensional study to track down the precise spacial anomaly that somehow causes the tv remote and my car keys to dissappear when needed at the worst possible times. That may run hand in hand with the sock goblins as well.

I was thinking of proposing an interdimensional study to track down the precise spacial anomaly that somehow causes the tv remote and my car keys to dissappear when needed at the worst possible times. That may run hand in hand with the sock goblins as well.

An interdimensional study may not be necessary. I propose that we first review Biff's video taping of the washer and dryer, we may well find the remote and the car keys in there as well as the single socks.

If not, then I support your proposal. :tu:

Good call!! Washer, dryer or both?

I wonder how big Biff is, I might have to buy a bigger washing machine, I've only got a 5 kg top loader. :ph34r:

LOL...Did you notice, the ads at the bottom of this page?

Odie :D

THE Washer Cleaner

Use Affresh To Keep Your Washer Clean And Fresh. Learn More Now.

www.Affresh.comWasher Dryer Combination

Find name brand washing machines From thousands of stores.

Become.comBuy Washers & Dryers

Don't pay retail. Buy your washer and dryer direct. Find out how!

www.DirectHomeDiscount.com

LOL...Did you notice, the ads at the bottom of this page?

Odie :D

THE Washer Cleaner

Use Affresh To Keep Your Washer Clean And Fresh. Learn More Now.

www.Affresh.comWasher Dryer Combination

Find name brand washing machines From thousands of stores.

Become.comBuy Washers & Dryers

Don't pay retail. Buy your washer and dryer direct. Find out how!

www.DirectHomeDiscount.com

THANKS!! :tu: This is what teamwork is all about, I wonder if Irish has bought that video recorder yet? :unsure2:

Strange, I've never gotten belly-button lint.

It's possibly to do with either a lack of abdominal hair or alternatively a lack of the 'appropriate' type of abdominal hair as mentiond in the article.

I suppose you don't lose socks either?................................Showoff! :D

Belly button fluff is one of the most perplexing mysteries of our age? I didn't realized this puzzle overshadowed everything else in this universe. :o

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Belly button fluff is one of the most perplexing mysteries of our age? I didn't realized this puzzle overshadowed everything else in this universe. :o

Its that important that I am going to invent and patent a belly button lint extractor, I should make a fortune Yippee! :sk

After plan A has been implemented, Plan B commences, which will be to locate the missing single socks, the final stroke in the masterplan will then be, to track down SpIdErCyDe's spatial anomaly.

At the conclusion of this masterful strategic plan of action, Irish, Me, 'Biff', odiesbsc and 'SpIdEr' will ALL be rich, and, even MORE importantly, we will finally be able to let Biff out of the washing machine!! :tsu: