Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mysterious Egyptian Tri-Lobed Disc

louie

Okay, well. Is there evidence from Egypt itself that they went through all that work to craft a stone foot-scraper? What supporting proof can you offer from the ancient material culture?

Besides, when you think about it, I'd rather just use a stick. While that thing's spinning around, I'd hate to get my foot stuck in one of those three holes behind the rib. Looks like a good way to toss you on your butt and break your ankle.

Cladking is taking your misrepresentation of him to heart and he about to launch his own brand of Gourmet Popcorn.

1 minute ago, bLackbRight said:

Cladking is taking your misrepresentation of him to heart and he about to launch his own brand of Gourmet Popcorn.

As long as he shares. I like extra butter on mine.

5 minutes ago, bLackbRight said:

You have a great sense of being in the moment.

Ancient Egypt must be spellbinding for you.

Yes ()   No () ?

Most definitely yes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bLackbRight said:

You have a great sense of being in the moment.

Ancient Egypt must be spellbinding for you.

Yes ()   No () ?

A good rule for solving problems is..... to know your opponents.........

From the time this disk was discovered until now is not seven years.

I stumbled on to this disk via youtube this morning.

By noon I had solved this mystery.  Call it luck, a keen sense of design or something quite spookier something I call "teleportation showmanship".

38 minutes ago, bLackbRight said:

Knowledge is power even without an opponent.

Knowledge can be power but naiveté and stupidity are less restraining.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yes I had not thought of that. It is creative but perhaps not cultural correct. I remember when I was a student someone had done a cultural study of Villages new Bombay (modern Mumbai) and insanely noted that Parsi villages were richer because their waste dumps contained chicken, pork and beef bones while Muslim villages had only beef and chicken and Hindu none at all. Somebody actually wrote that down and published it!

*Just in case someone didn't get it Parsee's had no religious objection to eating those three animals, Muslim's were okay with two but certainly not pork and the Hindu's were vegetarians.

Parsee eat pork ?  I thought it was not allowed in their scripture ? - according to the 'mythological set' of reasons - a 'fortuitous animal'. ( do not eat;  an animal that did good things in the mythological / 'hero / epic tales' , a pet, an animal that is used used for another purpose, a young animal, an animal that has young a ;retired' animal, a 'noxious'  animal , a .....      awww heck ...  a rooster that wasnt a pet ... just eat that . 

No def NOT a foot scraper .

I only saw this object  just  now the and instantly  figured out what it was used for .... because me so smart   

yes, the Egyptians did have dirty feet, but as stated, it needs to be more robust for feet.

They actually had  dirty hands too .... all that mud brick making . 

frisbee-man.gif

Edited by back to earth

Really, you've never solved a problem in an instant?

What kind of games man are you.

Here's something def -  some heads are merely hat racks.

10 hours ago, bLackbRight said:

From the time this disk was discovered until now is not seven years.

I stumbled on to this disk via youtube this morning.

By noon I had solved this mystery.  Call it luck, a keen sense of design or something quite spookier something I call "teleportation showmanship".

This thread has been open since 2009. Unless your math skills are better than mine, that's seven years.

--Jaylemurph

46 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

This thread has been open since 2009. Unless your math skills are better than mine, that's seven years.

--Jaylemurph

Jaylemurph, you are responding to a self-confessed hat rack.

Harte

• Like 1

I'd like to take replica of it and tie a cord to it and swing it around and around over my head and see what kind of sound--if any--it makes. Maybe it's a glorified bullroarer.

57 minutes ago, bLackbRight said:

Is my spider sense sensing a bit of anxiety?

Yes we are all worried you are going to post again, lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, seeder said:

A good rule for solving problems is..... to know your opponents.........

bLackbRight

The reason I said that is perhaps because you dont know who you are talking to in terms of KMT_Sesh