Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clairsentience Central

Rosewin

This is the ability to sense things through our feelings. Who has this gift or ability? It can take many forms from sensing others emotions even diseases to just sensing an entity or presence that is disembodied.

I believe I have the ability to sense negative energy through at least three experiences I have had. One was seeing a demon in someone and I knew the purpose was to simply pray for them. Another was sensing environmental pollution so I no longer drink from that water fountain. A third was sensing in myself two cursed areas, seeing the curses as two entities in the room, knowing which areas they are affecting within me, well at least one area, and then knowing who sent that negative energy towards me even if they did not know it.

I will discuss more in detail soon, have already before, even made a recent thread regarding one of the experiences. Still I know we are a varied bunch, some not even believing in demons, that is fine, others having this ability in different forms, so it is from you I wish to hear, how does it work for you, how did you discover it, one or more examples of it in action, how did you refine your ability, do you believe it can be acquired, expanded, or are we simply given it as a gift. So many questions but I want to get a wide ranging discussion as possible where all points of view are welcomed.

This is not a thread dedicated to discussing whether this is a real concept or not, many do not believe, fine you can make another thread doubting it and debate there, this one is devoted to those who have this gift or know others who do and how it works and why in our view.

I also believe everyone has a gift, we just have to find it, this is just one of many.

Edited by Rosewin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

• Meiliken

• BatDan

• camochick

I will discuss more in detail soon, have already before, even made a recent thread regarding one of the experiences. Still I know we are a varied bunch, some not even believing in demons, that is fine, others having this ability in different forms, so it is from you I wish to hear, how does it work for you, how did you discover it, one or more examples of it in action, how did you refine your ability, do you believe it can be acquired, expanded, or are we simply given it as a gift. So many questions but I want to get a wide ranging discussion as possible where all points of view are welcomed.

I also believe everyone has a gift, we just have to find it, this is just one of many.

how does it work for you,

if I think about something its like my gut or inner voice just pops info at me. Thoughts pop in my head...or symbols that want to associate something to a time or thing...like once a christmas madore, a cartoon cat, letters, big associates to an adult, small would be like a child, bold would be a "strong" letter, funny but like a computer has the options. Sometimes nothing at all comes, and then bamm... there it is. If I get stressed or busy, I go dry for a longtime and nthing works for me. Dreams.... messages come in many various ways, different times.... sensing things ... you can just tell. You feel it. You can tell someones energy if its good/light or dark/bad/negative and draining. It varys a bit, but not dramatically... I mean I cant call up some dead person at will or anything. To me thats REALLY a gift....It doesnt always happen,sometimes I get nothing for a week... but i can also be told of a situation and I can tell what the outcome will be too. My intuition is very very good... I still surprise myself and am continually looking for confirmation for myself so i know im right on or wrong about what i get...

In my dreams the communication is non verbal like thought transfer....this is the only time i really see dead people, and past animals is in my dreams.

Except one recent thing at the barn. and it hasnt happened again since. fluke?? IDK

how did you discover it,

Finally putting 2 and 2 together after a string of events and some of what I thought were coincidences that happened to me... mostly it started after a very stressful time in my life....but I think more it found me.... it started with my dreams, then because of it and the content of the visit i prayed more, drew closer to God and Jesus, welcomed the spirit into me and filled myself with llight...and that also i feel made it "stronger" or more often... IDK

one or more examples of it in action,

my experiences aree on my blog...as well as some readings ive done recently...

how did you refine your ability,

meditation helped alot... the more i quietly think about something it becomes clearer, and ive asked for help from the spirit to guide me with it... At first it was sporadic and a little here and there...Got into Reiki now too, so I can focus better..Meditating is very relaxing and centering.

do you believe it can be acquired or expanded,

Expanded as far as getting better at it yes...as far as doing more then one thing? I dont knw. I can only say what I know. However I have noticed that since ive been practicing and meditating more, Ive had a recent experience where I saw my first flash of a dead personn that I was able to describe to a friend of mine at the barn.. It happened this past summer, and just saw a pic of the personn about a week ago.... Dead on as I saw, right down to the blue plaid shirt I saw him wearing.... was it a premonition of his picture or the actual dead person???? I dont know... but what i saw was him exactly in the pic.... thankfullly when I first saw it this summer I told my friend about it... and now its confirmed fro me.... and her! which it makes me feel good to know, not from a ego stance, but from a confirmation stance Ive got it (some).... I need to know Im not nuts I suppose is what im getting at, because I have a hard time still getting used to it too.

are we simply given it as a gift.

To me I consider it a gift because Im thankful... was it handed specifically to me? I dont think so... I think everyone has the ability...some are better at it because they try harder to use it ...and some dont even want to acknowledge its even possible. So if handed a gift and its not appreciated, then why would they be given more or allowed the ability to fine tune it. But I do think the choice is ours and if we appreciate it, we will be helped in spirit to use it...

Yes, i do too... there are many gifts that those posess... My friend I spoke of at the barn is Christian. Her mother speaks in tounges. She knew right away when she met me I was Christian. There is a sensing I guess you can say... I can meet or talk to someone and just know that this is someone I want to stay away from or not talk to at all... You can sense the "demon" in them as you said... you just know!!! I dont know how else to explain it. sometimes there ae no words that can attach to something to explain it. Its liketrying to explain what God is.....

well clovis, I hope this helps for you...

How does it relate to what youve experienced?

Im also interested in those who have had visits in dreams too as to the communication process.... did they actually speak or was it more thought transfer, which is how it is for me.... I hear their voice coming in, but they dont talk. Its like not a word is spoken but there is relay of info, its understood, i hear them in my head, the tone and as their voice sounded before in life and nothing is spoken..... with the animals its just like knowing what they want or are trying to relay...of course they dont speak, but like when your dog wants to go out and pee... you just know what they are getting at.. I guess thats the perfect way to explain it for the animals.

so if anyone has similar please spend a para or two on this aspect for me please.

Thanks in advance....

And here I thought I was the only one with this...well, me and my mom, anyway. LOL

Weird, Warrior, that you're in here talking about this...a while back I asked for a reading, and yours was pretty much dead on. I say weird, cuz I am a Christian, too! Small world, eh?

So, how it works for me is kinda like this: I can sense people's feelings, but it's like I feel them as my own. Hard to describe, but...*shrugs*

How did I discover it? This also counts as an example of it happening, too.

I've been this way for so long, I really can't recall how I discovered it. Like I said, my mom has it, too, so we've been having fun with it for a looooong time! LOL The clearest, most recent time I really remember it happening, was when my hubby and I had to live apart for certain unavoidable circumstances. He worked the overnite shift, so while I was sleeping, he was working. One night, I woke up from a sound sleep hearing him call my name. But not just my regular name, I specifically heard him use my nickname. I sat up, fully awake, and nearly answered, when I realized where I was. (BTW, I looked at the clock and noted the time was about 2 a.m.)

The next day, I asked him if he'd been thinking of me at all, and he got kinda quiet. Then he told me that last nite he'd really been missing me, and was crying in his car on break (he doesn't take breaks the same time every nite, so...) I asked him what time it was, and he said...about 2 a.m! So, yeah...

How did I refine it? I really haven't. I have 4 kids, so I'm pretty busy taking care of them. In my quiet times, when I get a moment, I'm usually writing fiction novels or something...and this past week was especially difficult for me-time cuz my sis-in-law really needed me for emotional support.

Do I believe it can be refined, etc...? Umm...I'm not sure. I have some interesting theories on it, but since you can't really study it (in scientific terms), it's kinda difficult. I DO believe it's passed on through certain families/genes, though. So...

Are we given it as a gift? This I can definitely agree with. It has come in handy a few times, including this past week, but more than that, it's given me and my mom a kind of common ground to relate on. We've had a great relationship already, but it's just...kind of like our private joke, if that makes any sense.

And yes, I ALSO believe that everyone has a gift. My husband, for example, has a great gift of making people feel comfortable - even strangers - around him. He's just easygoing, even though he is extremely opinionated and not afraid to say so. There's just something about him that makes people feel...like they're in good company. IDK.

Thank you honey for your kind words... And yes... God Bless you!!!

And here I thought I was the only one with this...well, me and my mom, anyway. LOL

Weird, Warrior, that you're in here talking about this...a while back I asked for a reading, and yours was pretty much dead on. I say weird, cuz I am a Christian, too! Small world, eh?

So, how it works for me is kinda like this: I can sense people's feelings, but it's like I feel them as my own. Hard to describe, but...*shrugs*

How did I discover it? This also counts as an example of it happening, too.

I've been this way for so long, I really can't recall how I discovered it. Like I said, my mom has it, too, so we've been having fun with it for a looooong time! LOL The clearest, most recent time I really remember it happening, was when my hubby and I had to live apart for certain unavoidable circumstances. He worked the overnite shift, so while I was sleeping, he was working. One night, I woke up from a sound sleep hearing him call my name. But not just my regular name, I specifically heard him use my nickname. I sat up, fully awake, and nearly answered, when I realized where I was. (BTW, I looked at the clock and noted the time was about 2 a.m.)

The next day, I asked him if he'd been thinking of me at all, and he got kinda quiet. Then he told me that last nite he'd really been missing me, and was crying in his car on break (he doesn't take breaks the same time every nite, so...) I asked him what time it was, and he said...about 2 a.m! So, yeah...

How did I refine it? I really haven't. I have 4 kids, so I'm pretty busy taking care of them. In my quiet times, when I get a moment, I'm usually writing fiction novels or something...and this past week was especially difficult for me-time cuz my sis-in-law really needed me for emotional support.

Do I believe it can be refined, etc...? Umm...I'm not sure. I have some interesting theories on it, but since you can't really study it (in scientific terms), it's kinda difficult. I DO believe it's passed on through certain families/genes, though. So...

Are we given it as a gift? This I can definitely agree with. It has come in handy a few times, including this past week, but more than that, it's given me and my mom a kind of common ground to relate on. We've had a great relationship already, but it's just...kind of like our private joke, if that makes any sense.

And yes, I ALSO believe that everyone has a gift. My husband, for example, has a great gift of making people feel comfortable - even strangers - around him. He's just easygoing, even though he is extremely opinionated and not afraid to say so. There's just something about him that makes people feel...like they're in good company. IDK.

What you describe sounds like Empathic... where you can actually feel others emotions, both good/bad.

So tell me??? Being a Christian, how is it for your family and how do you guys feel about having this gift??...

As some look at it as being a normal thing (like me), and yet some other evangelicals would dare to say its of an evil doing, which IMO is total BS.

Ive encountered the later by a couple...

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

What you describe sounds like Empathic... where you can actually feel others emotions, both good/bad.

So tell me??? Being a Christian, how is it for your family and how do you guys feel about having this gift??...

As some look at it as being a normal thing (like me), and yet some other evangelicals would dare to say its of an evil doing, which IMO is total BS.

Ive encountered the later by a couple...

I'm an Empath myself. Bout the extent of my "powers" lol

Like I can tune in similar to a radio...usually know the right things to say and do for others without knowing what to do or say for me. If I drink I can feel things much stronger...maybe more relaxed?

I'm an Empath myself. Bout the extent of my "powers" lol

Like I can tune in similar to a radio...usually know the right things to say and do for others without knowing what to do or say for me. If I drink I can feel things much stronger...maybe more relaxed?

you dont me to tell you this silly..

Drinking as you know is more a depressant then to relax IMO, but then again my Father did it more to relax and ti "fit in" to his social enviroment.

Drinking as you know is more a depressant then to relax IMO, but then again my Father did it more to relax and ti "fit in" to his social enviroment.

I'm more in tune when I drink.

I haven't in 4 weeks.

This is not a thread dedicated to discussing whether this is a real concept or not, many do not believe, fine you can make another thread doubting it and debate there, this one is devoted to those who have this gift or know others who do and how it works and why in our view.

ever since my grandfather died i have been able to pick up on peoples feelings, intentions things about them...heres an example.my aunt was getting married to this guy and the first time i saw him i automatically left the room.i was brought back in and i got this sense that he liked to drink and that he was unreliable....my aunt was 9months pregnaunt...he was out drinking everynight and disappeared for weeks at a time....i get "vibes" from ppl and the vibes tell me about the person...if theyre hiding something, their intentions and feelings. i can also see spirits. as for if how i refine these abilities?...im finding that out for myself as we speak but mainly through meditation and practice. i believe we are given the gift but others can aquire it if they know someone who is extremely powerful (in the sense of their abililty to control their abilities).i believe it can be expanded and if one does not use ones abilities for good that the power can be taken away...but that is just my perspective. Hope some of this rambling gave you somewhat of what you were looking for. Good luck.

ever since my grandfather died i have been able to pick up on peoples feelings, intentions things about them...heres an example.my aunt was getting married to this guy and the first time i saw him i automatically left the room.i was brought back in and i got this sense that he liked to drink and that he was unreliable....my aunt was 9months pregnaunt...he was out drinking everynight and disappeared for weeks at a time....i get "vibes" from ppl and the vibes tell me about the person...if theyre hiding something, their intentions and feelings. i can also see spirits. as for if how i refine these abilities?...im finding that out for myself as we speak but mainly through meditation and practice. i believe we are given the gift but others can aquire it if they know someone who is extremely powerful (in the sense of their abililty to control their abilities).i believe it can be expanded and if one does not use ones abilities for good that the power can be taken away...but that is just my perspective. Hope some of this rambling gave you somewhat of what you were looking for. Good luck.

:tu: Sorry for loss of Pop"s though.....

Keep up the good work... Thats my perspective too...

Blessings and cyber hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

That's not always true. My father was a horrible driver, when he was sober. He was in many accidents when he was sober, not a one when he drove drunk. He drove better drunk. He's not alive anymore due to his drinking/smoking, but it did aid him in that respect. So who knows? Maybe she gets more relaxed when drinking. I don't suggest it, but everyone has their own devices. :hmm:

Other than calling it "power", the only problem I see here is you thinking that it can be taken away if not used for good. Ability doesn't know right from wrong. It's not a sentient entity. You're born with it, or you're not. The most that could happen is it gets turned off. That means it is still there, with the possibility of being turned on again. I'm a big pusher for meditation. It helps one to focus. Usually that's the crutch people need to lose. Once meditation is learned, they no longer need a crutch because they're more focused. :yes:

Other than calling it "power", the only problem I see here is you thinking that it can be taken away if not used for good. Ability doesn't know right from wrong. It's not a sentient entity. You're born with it, or you're not. The most that could happen is it gets turned off. That means it is still there, with the possibility of being turned on again. I'm a big pusher for meditation. It helps one to focus. Usually that's the crutch people need to lose. Once meditation is learned, they no longer need a crutch because they're more focused. :yes:

It should be called a "spiritual gift"... and although the "gift" cant tell right from wrong, the One who bestows this "gift" certainly can....

And when given a gift, it should be cherished and not used for the selfishness of ones self or abused in any sense.

I beleve when granted or bestowed a spiritual gift, and its not appreciated, then why would you be given another, or anything els for that matter?

This is the difference.

Blessings

Blessings

It should be called a "spiritual gift"... and although the "gift" cant tell right from wrong, the One who bestows this "gift" certainly can....

And when given a gift, it should be cherished and not used for the selfishness of ones self or abused in any sense.

I beleve when granted or bestowed a spiritual gift, and its not appreciated, then why would you be given another, or anything els for that matter?

This is the difference.

Blessings

Blessings

I believe people are born with them, but from what you say, it sounds like you believe they were given by a higher power/deity. Perhaps. But who's to say all higher powers are good? Not everything is a gift. Sometimes, they are curses. Remember, there are always 2 sides to every coin. But to each their own. Everyone has their own beliefs. :)

I don't really believe in "spiritual gifts" or "psychic abilities," unless those phrases are only different way of referring to sensation, thought, memory, reason and imagination--all of which I consider natural capabilities, rather than supernatural ones. Clearly, different people have different aptitudes and talents, and have them in differing degrees, and I think it's indisputable that a rare few possess what is called "genius," or an innate talent to an extraordinary degree. A mathematical genius or a musical genius may seem "supernatural" only in comparison to those who lack such talents, or possess them in lesser degrees. Unfortunately, I lack all of those extraordinary talents. But I have met people who possess them--and once made the acquaintance of a man with the proverbial photographic memory!--but, to be honest, I've never known or met anybody who said he or she possess spiritual powers like clairvoyance, telepathy, or whatever--and could prove it.

I don't really believe in "spiritual gifts" or "psychic abilities," unless those phrases are only different way of referring to sensation, thought, memory, reason and imagination--all of which I consider natural capabilities, rather than supernatural ones. Clearly, different people have different aptitudes and talents, and have them in differing degrees, and I think it's indisputable that a rare few possess what is called "genius," or an innate talent to an extraordinary degree. A mathematical genius or a musical genius may seem "supernatural" only in comparison to those who lack such talents, or possess them in lesser degrees. Unfortunately, I lack all of those extraordinary talents. But I have met people who possess them--and once made the acquaintance of a man with the proverbial photographic memory!--but, to be honest, I've never known or met anybody who said he or she possess spiritual powers like clairvoyance, telepathy, or whatever--and could prove it.

I've only seen one person prove anything to me and that was my buddy's father. He supposedly had pyrokinesis, and used a piece of tin foil in my clenched fist to make a blister on my palm. I still think it was psychosomatic, like when a person is under hypnosis and gets a blister through suggestion. But eh, that's me.

I've only seen one person prove anything to me and that was my buddy's father. He supposedly had pyrokinesis, and used a piece of tin foil in my clenched fist to make a blister on my palm. I still think it was psychosomatic, like when a person is under hypnosis and gets a blister through suggestion. But eh, that's me.

By any chance did the tin foil get heated or hot?

I believe people are born with them, but from what you say, it sounds like you believe they were given by a higher power/deity. Perhaps. But who's to say all higher powers are good? Not everything is a gift. Sometimes, they are curses. Remember, there are always 2 sides to every coin. But to each their own. Everyone has their own beliefs. :)

I also think we all have the ability to do such things, that yes, we are born with the capability to have it. But not all are "granted" the "use" of it....

But maybe I should have included that I do beleive it is a higher power/God thru the Holy Spirit that activates it for us.

And as one would say there are "good"... you must also agree there is indeed the other side of that coin you spoke of, and bad powers as well. I do refer to the spiritual "good blessings" as a gift, because not everyone is granted the ability to use it.

Perhaps those who seek may not have the knowledge to use it soley for the purpose of good, and therefore not all are allowed the use. But there certainly are those who seek the powers to perform evil.... I certainly do not beleive this ability comes from God. It is not his intent.

That purpose comes from another place, not of the heavenly relm.

Blessings

Hah I can tell I'm sort of a empath myself, I can tell what mood people are in one look, but in my case it's nothing psychic in it, more perception and reading the body language :( -wishes to have some sort of super powers-

Hah I can tell I'm sort of a empath myself, I can tell what mood people are in one look, but in my case it's nothing psychic in it, more perception and reading the body language :( -wishes to have some sort of super powers-

What you describe is a type of heightened intuition ....and the empath aspect of you as you recognise...

Youd be surprised how many go thru life with no clue, although its laid out in front of their face to see...

I also think we all have the ability to do such things, that yes, we are born with the capability to have it. But not all are "granted" the "use" of it....

But maybe I should have included that I do beleive it is a higher power/God thru the Holy Spirit that activates it for us.

And as one would say there are "good"... you must also agree there is indeed the other side of that coin you spoke of, and bad powers as well. I do refer to the spiritual "good blessings" as a gift, because not everyone is granted the ability to use it.

Perhaps those who seek may not have the knowledge to use it soley for the purpose of good, and therefore not all are allowed the use. But there certainly are those who seek the powers to perform evil.... I certainly do not beleive this ability comes from God. It is not his intent.

That purpose comes from another place, not of the heavenly relm.

Blessings

That's just it. If thinking along the lines of biblical theory, the when the Angels came down and procreated with mankind, divinity was passed into the human bloodline. Over the eons, the bloodline has thinned and dispersed to all humanity. Therefore it is safe to say that it is inside all people and that may be why all people experience certain things. That's one possibility. Who knows though. Even biblical theory is still supposition. Some may deny it, but considering how religions have evolved since the beginning of recorded history, it has to be based on faith only, without evidence. Maybe true, maybe not. There's no way to know. :geek:

That's just it. If thinking along the lines of biblical theory, the when the Angels came down and procreated with mankind, divinity was passed into the human bloodline. Over the eons, the bloodline has thinned and dispersed to all humanity. Therefore it is safe to say that it is inside all people and that may be why all people experience certain things. That's one possibility. Who knows though. Even biblical theory is still supposition. Some may deny it, but considering how religions have evolved since the beginning of recorded history, it has to be based on faith only, without evidence. Maybe true, maybe not. There's no way to know. :geek:

Aside from my beleif that the Spirit is what gives us this ability...

yes my dear... thats exactly it! ;)

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

By any chance did the tin foil get heated or hot?

Aye, the tin foil felt quite hot, but not enough I couldn't take it. I've a high pain tolerance.

Aye, the tin foil felt quite hot, but not enough I couldn't take it. I've a high pain tolerance.

My father did this to me one day... He took the piece of tin foil down stairs, so Im thinking he put something into it and it must have had a chemical reaction with the aluminum or something. It did the same thing...and started to get really hot...

I never did find out what he did....