Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WW bomb as an anchor

behaviour???

A Malaysian fisherman has been using a deadly World War II bomb as an anchor for his boat, according to a report Saturday.

Local police made the shocking discovery Thursday during a routine patrol in a fishing village in the southern Johor state.

The fisherman had been using the bomb for several months and thought it was safe on account of its age, the Star newspaper reported.

Police alerted the bomb squad who removed the 160mm device to be destroyed.

Officers discovered eight similar bombs in the village after following up on information obtained from the fisherman.

Local police chief Abdul Aziz Ahmad urged anyone coming across objects that resemble bombs to inform the police immediately.

"The bombs about the size of a small fire extinguisher were found behind a restaurant in the village," he said.

Abdul Aziz said the bombs would be destroyed by police.

"Unless the bombs are destroyed, they are considered still active and very dangerous," he warned.

Abdul Aziz cited a deadly incident in Johor on February 27 were two men died and a woman sustained serious injury after they tried to salvage metal from an old bomb.

[url-http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h4CyskHf8y71sjyLdACEplNHCPlw]Linky[/url]

Thanks

B???

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behaviour???

• Unknown Rebel

• sarah snow

• MsKatsipoulis

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol: I love things like this- just because it's old they thing it's safe :lol:

Sometimes WW bombs are found where I live as it was a wartime hub and coastal area. Apparently someone found one once and peddled home on their bike with it on that back, not realising it was still 'live' :o:lol::wacko:

Gave me a good chuckle, thanks for posting :tu::rofl:

:lol::lol: I love things like this- just because it's old they thing it's safe :lol:

Sometimes WW bombs are found where I live as it was a wartime hub and coastal area. Apparently someone found one once and peddled home on their bike with it on that back, not realising it was still 'live' :o:lol::wacko:

Gave me a good chuckle, thanks for posting :tu::rofl:

Thanyou very much Snow...It was my pleasure

Thanks

B???

A fisherman using a Bomb as an anchor :P would give a whole new meaning to "Thar She Blows" :w00t:

Thats brilliant... Lol @ thar she blows.. :clap:

Thanks for sharing Behaviourv:tu: (what a good giggle i had now, That was so funny, a bomb as an anchor :lol: )

Edited by Ms_Katsipoulis

Thats brilliant... Lol @ thar she blows.. :clap:

Thanks for sharing Behaviourv:tu: (what a good giggle i had now, That was so funny, a bomb as an anchor :lol: )

Thankyou Msk....

B???