Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why do the female investigators

southbronxden

Why do the female investigators on the TV shows never last long? Except for most haunted they don't seemed to be an important part, other than eye candy, to any of the teams? :mellow:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Lilly

• Wookietim

• Stygean Hugh

because it still freaks some men out that woman can do the same job as them or better. So they limit them. Kris Williams on Ghost Hunters is more than eye candy though for the most part.

Because most of them are mothers with real jobs. :P

But yes, like Kris, she's mostly eye candy. Same for Amy Bruni (is that right?).

Sigh, I miss Donna. :( She was realistic.

Edited by Ebonykrow

'Cause chicks are scatter-brained and can't focus long enough to finish a project. It's why they like bright shiny things.

:innocent:

'Cause chicks are scatter-brained and can't focus long enough to finish a project. It's why they like bright shiny things.

:innocent:

*throws french fries at Sweetpumper*

See, I was going to say that the women figure out that there are no ghosts and men keep plodding along, refusing to admit they are wrong. Kind of like asking for directions.

:P

HN

Ohhhh shiny things................ooohh french fries...lol

I think that woman don't last or are not on paranormal shows because men are more likely to enjoy being scared.....lucky for me I was born with invisable balls.....lol

The group I am with has a nice mix of men and women....

Because most of them are mothers with real jobs. :P

But yes, like Kris, she's mostly eye candy. Same for Amy Bruni (is that right?).

Sigh, I miss Donna. :( She was realistic.

Donna - which one was that? Was she the slightly overweight, normal looking one?

Donna - which one was that? Was she the slightly overweight, normal looking one?

linked-image

To the right of the girl in the LIPI shirt. :)

linked-image

To the right of the girl in the LIPI shirt. :)

I liked her - she was sexy and seemed kind of smart... There was one woman who was sort of overweight (She may still be on, I don't have Cable so I watch on DVD) that I disliked greatly (She seemed more interested in gossip than actually investigating....)

I liked her - she was sexy and seemed kind of smart... There was one woman who was sort of overweight (She may still be on, I don't have Cable so I watch on DVD) that I disliked greatly (She seemed more interested in gossip than actually investigating....)

Same. She did a lot for the team and seemed to know what she was doing (unlike Kris and Amy). I think the other one you're talking about is Kristyn? Or, there was another woman (can't remember her name) that did stuff with dowsing rods that really didn't belong there either (she doesn't show up on the staff page though).

http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...ps/members.html

Same. She did a lot for the team and seemed to know what she was doing (unlike Kris and Amy). I think the other one you're talking about is Kristyn? Or, there was another woman (can't remember her name) that did stuff with dowsing rods that really didn't belong there either (she doesn't show up on the staff page though).

http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...ps/members.html

It might be Kristyn I'm thinking of....

I remember one of them I think that it was Donna who went over to help the Ghost Hunter's International team, and then had to leave for health reasons. She has Chron's disease or something like that if I recall. I'm not sure if she has been on the show since then. But I don't watch it as much as I use to. The one I'm thinking of has the light grey T shirt on in the picture.

I remember one of them I think that it was Donna who went over to help the Ghost Hunter's International team, and then had to leave for health reasons. She has Chron's disease or something like that if I recall. I'm not sure if she has been on the show since then. But I don't watch it as much as I use to. The one I'm thinking of has the light grey T shirt on in the picture.

No, I think Donna's quit for good. They don't list her on the staff page anymore, so I'm guessing that means permanent removal. :(

I think you are on to something. I think that there is still a sterio type that women are weak and easily frightened. I hate watching that that show with the chick on it, I think she is british. But she always is screaming and it never shows why.

Even on Paranormal State, Ryan is always send Elfie to the lybrary. I mean wtf? The other girls never have much to contribute either. But I think Paranormal State is like real life scooby doo , minus the dog.

I think you are on to something. I think that there is still a sterio type that women are weak and easily frightened. I hate watching that that show with the chick on it, I think she is british. But she always is screaming and it never shows why.

Even on Paranormal State, Ryan is always send Elfie to the lybrary. I mean wtf? The other girls never have much to contribute either. But I think Paranormal State is like real life scooby doo , minus the dog.

Like Scooby Doo in the sense that they're chasing people dressed like ghosts or they have the munchies and raid the strangers' kitchens?

Like Scooby Doo in the sense that they're chasing people dressed like ghosts or they have the munchies and raid the strangers' kitchens?

Like they are young kids chasing ghosts. They go to a place learn the legends and history Like on scooby doo then investigate al be it with out the song and dance in the middle.

Ryan= fred

Elfie= Thelma

Surge= Shaggy

That other "prettier" girl = Daphny

All they are missing is the dog.

Edited by stygeanhue

I think you are on to something. I think that there is still a sterio type that women are weak and easily frightened.

Your wrong it is in fact because the ghosts are frightened to come out with women around, especially if the woman is in a bad mood.

OR

Ever since Yvette fielding has annoyed every (supposed) ghost she has come into contact with by asking them to knock a table a million times or tap a door a couple of thousand times, they have decided to not make contact with any team if they have a woman with them, just encase they turn out to be a Yvette fielding.

Your wrong it is in fact because the ghosts are frightened to come out with women around, especially if the woman is in a bad mood.

OR

Ever since Yvette fielding has annoyed every (supposed) ghost she has come into contact with by asking them to knock a table a million times or tap a door a couple of thousand times, they have decided to not make contact with any team if they have a woman with them, just encase they turn out to be a Yvette fielding.

LOL, thanks

• 1 month later...

Kris is an airhead. It's so obvious why she's there now. <3 Donna. What's the name of that new blonde girl? (the fatty one).

Like they are young kids chasing ghosts. They go to a place learn the legends and history Like on scooby doo then investigate al be it with out the song and dance in the middle.

Ryan= fred

Elfie= Thelma

Surge= Shaggy

That other "prettier" girl = Daphny

All they are missing is the dog.

Chip= scooby

it's odd because more women tend to be 'psychic' or intuitive and more seem to encounter ghosts then men. you would think they would have more women and not just eye candy.

I wonder what the percentages is of women to men who watch the show ? that would be interesting. And at least they could do is get some better looking men . even it out a bit for the ladies.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

On Most Haunted the female star is Yvette Fielding and she certainly screams and is quite foul mouthed. Listening to men such as my boyfriend who watches this show, he finds Yvette irritating instead of "eye candy". She does have a good wardrobe of gothic outfits though.

Edited by Lady Amethyst

OR

Well if you were a ghost would you want to get insulted by a twit with turbo PMS? :P

Why do the female investigators on the TV shows never last long? Except for most haunted they don't seemed to be an important part, other than eye candy, to any of the teams? :mellow:

Maybe the directors are straight females.

-Natalie

Edited by InfraredCow