Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Inkanyamba

Tarmac_Chris

Hey I found this on youtube:

I heard that the witness who took this picture:

inkanyamba2.jpg

Had a negative to prove that it wasn't a hoax, well the witness in the video shows the actual negative. What you reckon?

Edited by bulldogzrep

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bulldogzrep

• psyche101

• DieChecker

• Orcseeker

"Association with vicious summer storms" and an eel like creature...

You know eels move locations when there are heavy storms by slithering on the ground from one body of water to another.

"Association with vicious summer storms" and an eel like creature...

You know eels move locations when there are heavy storms by slithering on the ground from one body of water to another.

In relation to Inkanyamba, I assumed that there must've been a correlation between increased eel activity and natural weather patterns. If your correct then we're getting somewhere.

Edited by bulldogzrep

I first heard about this creature on that old show Animal X, that show was great...wish they'd bring it back on Animal Planet. Destination Truth should head out there.

I first heard about this creature on that old show Animal X, that show was great...wish they'd bring it back on Animal Planet. Destination Truth should head out there.

Yeah man it lookes pretty good, what did you think of the negative of Inkanyamba?

RICHARD FREEMAN: The Howick Falls Monster Hoax

(...)

The only known photograph hat purports to show Inkanyamba was taken in the wake of a sighting local man Bob Teeny in September 1995. Whilst on a viewing platform beside the falls he claimed to have seen a snake like head and neck rear up out of the water. He had no camera at the time but put up a reward for anyone who could take a snapshot of the monster. A resulting picture showed a long necked animal, apparently rising from the water. It appears to be holding waterweed in its mouth and has a distinctive banding of the skin. As soon as I saw the picture I knew it was a hoax. How? I recognized the ‘monster’ as an illustration of an Apatosaurus from a children’s book of dinosaurs published in the 1970s. I had the book myself; in fact the same picture had been used in two children’s books. Whilst recently rummaging around in a pile of old books in my grandparent’s house in came upon one of the books.

He tome in question is called ‘Know Our World; Prehistoric Life’ published by Holywell House Press in 1977 and printed and bound in Italy by New Interlitho, Milan. The picture in question appears at the bottom of page 14 and shows the dinosaur (then erroneously known as brontosaurus) wallowing in water and eating water weed (also erroneous as these creatures lived on land)

(...)

http://forteanzoology.blogspot.com/2009/04/richard-freeman-howick-falls-monster.html

inkanyamba4.jpg

I saw that as well and it did seem probable, bu t I'm still torn. I guess I just really want this thing to exist lol

That's the problem with most of these things these days, it would be awesome of they existed :(

I saw that as well and it did seem probable, bu t I'm still torn. I guess I just really want this thing to exist lol

The legends may still be based on true sightings, but the photo doesn't prove anything because it's a hoax.

• 3 weeks later...

Cryptology apparently a doctor said that there are over 40 species targeted as sub-species of monsters history of the Loch Ness monster that preceded the same genetic