Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unidentified Object Collides With Aircraft

fearfulone

Feds: Cessna hit something in the sky, but they don’t know what

04/14/04

By JOE DANBORN

Staff Reporter

Federal investigators have determined that a single-engine delivery plane that crashed into Big Bateau Bay on Oct. 23, 2002, slammed into something 3,000 feet above the Mobile-Tensaw Delta moments earlier -- they're just not sure what it was.

The highly unusual National Transportation Safety Board account points to unidentified red marks on the severely damaged nose and front belly of the plane as evidence that it hit another object in the air. The crash killed 54-year-old pilot Thomas J. Preziose of Mobile minutes after he took off from Downtown Airport.

Agency officials "don't know of any other accident that we have in our files that states 'collision with an unknown object,'" said Keith Holloway, a spokesman for the NTSB, which investigates all domestic air accidents.

"I've never seen a report like that," said Don Godwin, a veteran pilot and chief executive officer of Mid-Atlantic Freight, which owned the plane. "And it's very troubling to have something like this happen and not know what caused it. I know the family's upset, and understandably upset. It's just a great thing that this kind of thing didn't happen to an airliner with a bunch of people on it."

The report, released within the past few days, also notes that malfunctioning radar recording equipment hampered efforts to determine the exact cause of the accident. Moreover, an air traffic controller at Mobile Regional Airport apparently gave incorrect positions to Preziose about the location of a DC-10 in the area, according to the recently released report, officially called a finding of facts.

A Federal Aviation Administration official at Mobile Regional Airport said Tuesday afternoon he wasn't aware of any equipment malfunctions. He deferred further comment to officials who had left for the day.

The five-page report states that the FedEx DC-10 doesn't appear to have been involved in the collision; investigators examined it the day after the crash and found it unscathed. That lack of damage, however, deepens the mystery as to what happened to Preziose's Cessna 208B Cargomaster

Full Article

I'd like to give credit, where credit is due...thanks to ATSNN for this story...its a great one...here's the original post i found on that site... Cessna Story

I did some of my own research on this topic as well...i searched the NTSB website and got these two links...the first one is a history of the flight...the second is the full "narrative" given by the NTSB about what happened. In the narrative, it states that a metal is found and "The origin of the metal remains unknown," this is very interesting stuff for UFO and alien hunters...check it out!

History of Flight

Full Narrative

alien.gifalien.gifalien.gifalien.gifalien.gifalien.gifalien.gifalien.gifalien.gif

How is this not all over the news? This is strange as heck isnt it? Proof possibly there was a UFO out there... abduct.gifabduct.gifabduct.gifabduct.gifabduct.gifabduct.gifabduct.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• STIX

• Urielsfire

• dezavala

friggin aliens and their invisible super cities in the sky

Interestingness ph34r.gifblink.gif Edited by Angelfish

whats funny is...the pictures of alleged ufos are mostly always fake or can be explained...this on the other hand...leads you to logically believe it was a ufo or somethin fishy of that sort whistling2.gif

I think it hit a new gov't stealth plane, mabye they were testing new radar scrambling technology.

I agree on the fact that it could have been a government experinment that hit the plane or some mechanical problems with plane or extremly strong air bumps. But No Aliens have done any harm because they don't even exist!

It was OBVIOUSLY a red UFO. Helloooo, the engine block was cracked. Scooby Doo could figure this one out.

I have this story on my thread, "Documented Incidents of UFO's'. original.gif I think it could be a collision with a UFO....or a collision with a government project. grin2.gif It is very suspicious that there isn't any report of a collision ( in the skies) when the fella obviously hit something...tore his engine in two and died.

Also, isn't the red paint on the nose of the plane, a clue that something hit him?

It's not red paint. All the article said was that there were unidentified red MARKS, and after testing they were revealed to not be recognizable as paint. Also, let's not forget the anodized aluminum found in the wing of the plane. What could a plane run into midair that would so thoroughly destroy it and leave so little evidence? It's difficult to even speculate given so little information.

You're right, it was red marks and they compared the marks to the red paint on the plane and to other planes with red paint on them that might be in the area at that time; a drone, for instance. They didn't come up with anything....

Why would an alien be so careless as to let a human craft collide with it. If they are there wouldn`t they be able to use their superior technology to avoid it. Probably a secret government craft that went off course.Or something even nore unexplainable......... thumbsup.gif

Feds: Cessna hit something in the sky, but they don’t know what

Uh, Oh..... I wondered what happened to that boom-a-rang I was playing with! tongue.gif

I'm sure even superior beings make mistakes, maybe the alien was changing the dial on the radio. Or maybe they just didn't care, it was just a tiny cessna anyway.

There have been, reported, other crashed UFO's...they do crash. Remember Roswell?

Edited by Babs

It was the feds investigating it, of course they "dont know" what it was, dont the feds know everything?

UFOs or machines from other star systems are highly improbable. Space is HUGE. A trip to the extremities of our known system would take 7 hours at the speed of light. And there is every likelihood the Solar System extends billions of miles beyond this through the Oort Belt. The nearest star, Proxima Cetauri, would be reached in a couple of life times at the maximum speeds we can manage now, one way! Even at the speed of light it would be years,

If these things do exist, they could be from another dimension or they could be a lifeform that lives in the vacuum of space. Life is amazingly adaptive as they have discovered in the deep oceans and under the ice of Antartica.

Edited by wacker

I think they could be from another dimension, too....or they could be from space. dontgetit.gif

If they didn't find any wreckage other than the plane, the question really becomes, what kind of craft could withstand that kind of collision?

Yes, I sort of wondered about that, too. blink.gif How could something hit that craft and stay in the air? Wouldn't something have been reported if the other craft was hit? Even, if the other craft was minorly disabled, wouldn't there be some kind of record on this?

Has anyone thought about the possibility of a meteorite?

Just a wild demented guess. I tried to find photo's of the plane itself to see the direction of the marks.

Before anyone blast me for MY OPINION, I already know that it is a one in a trillion chance that a plane that small would be hit by another falling object.

But the red streaks could have been caused by an iron based meteorite. Due to the rate of speed of both objects, there would be massive damage to the plane, and either the meteorite would continue with minor deflection and damage, but would leave very little, if any, evidence of it's being there.

The meteor would continue to fall to the earth and unless you knew what your looking for, very easily missed.

Either that or it's joc's boomerang . And boy is he in trouble.

On the thread from ATS another person questioned a meteor hit has a possible therory. So I am giving credit for that idea to the one who posted it first. (I didn't read it until after I posted here) But no one seemed to answer his question other than to ask more questions. First, not all meteorites leave a smoke/flame trail. the smaller ones while very hot upon impact are relively cool compared to larger ones. (Has something to do with size + mass=friction and so on.) It is possible that a very small meteor hit the plane, and fragmented thus the multiple 'red streaks'.

I still cannot believe that a invisible UFO would cause the damage and not become visable, crash, or in some way make itself known.

Another person also asked if anyone had caught the NTSB'c comment about an UAV. I found that interesting. Of course the feds would never admit that a pilotless was up and flying around a regulated air way.

Also noted was the comment that the plane was not tracked due to malfunction of a radar system. Uh, I might be wrong but what ever happened to homeland security? Or is this another cover-up for the idiots in charge?

Oh well. Back to the trenches.

P.S. Joc, they found your boomerang .

Edited to add content.

Edited by stillcrazy

Why would an alien be so careless as to let a human craft collide with it. If they are there wouldn`t they be able to use their superior technology to avoid it. Probably a secret government craft that went off course.Or something even nore unexplainable......... thumbsup.gif

Not everything that enters the Earth's atmosphere is guided, occupied, or has propulsion. 5 billion tons of debris enter the earth's atmospere daily. Grains of dust mostly but things as large as a toaster are fairly common. On the hawaiian islands is located a very small Airforce base/observatory which 'listens' to the sky, their mission is to look for things coming 'in' and going 'out'. They listening to the 'frequency' (sound) of objects hitting the ionisphere layer.

I believe the meteorite explanation to be the best so far. It's the only thing that reliably explains both the red streaks and the metal found in the plane's wing.

lets assume it was a small meteorite. I read the flight log and the last radio communication is the pilot saying "I must deviate! I must deviate!" so if it were a small meteorite, for one it would be coming from above and 2 it would be moving incredibly fast. These two factors would make me assume that an object like this would be hard to see.

BUT there was the fed ex jet 1000 feet above him, and before the last communication he verified that the jet was above him which would mean he was looking up at the time. so it is possible that he would be able to see a small meteorite coming.

there is just one more question, Anodized Aluminium (what was found on the wing) is only produced (as far as I know) through electrolysis which is not a natural process. so that would cause some concern among this theory.

Stix,

Good point, Anodized Aluminium is only a manufactured metal, and does not occure in nature. However, there are many parts of the average plane that contain anodized aluminium, so it is possible that a part sheared off after impact and in turn ipacted the wing. According to NTSB, there were some parts that were not recovered do to the location of the crash. Also, it is possible that the plane impacted with something in the water on impact. Such as an old boat or something along that line. This is of course speculation as I have not seen any photos of the plane or crash site.