Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

spider bite cures paraplegic

SoulFire

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thefinalfrontier

• chaoszerg

• Bill Hill

• schizoidwoman

This brought tears to my eyes. This is truly amazing and yes in my opinion a miracle.

Thanks for posting this Soulfire! :st

:yes:

This brought tears to my eyes. This is truly amazing and yes in my opinion a miracle.

Thanks for posting this Soulfire! :st

yes, it is a miracle. it doesn't really surprise me though. i saw a thing on TV a few years ago about "bee sting" therapy. supposedly it does wonders for all sorts of ailments and afflictions.

Now that is bizarre. I think I have some of those spiders hang around in my house.

yes, it is a miracle. it doesn't really surprise me though. i saw a thing on TV a few years ago about "bee sting" therapy. supposedly it does wonders for all sorts of ailments and afflictions.

I forgot about that. I remember watching a thing about bee sting therapy too.

I think it's incredible?

Great article though, especially since it was about one of the more deadliest spiders I've ever heard of.

I think I'll always be surprised by healings or partial healings of this nature.

:innocent:

What an amazing story, who'd have thought a spider bite would have such an effect...Good luck to him for the future..

Wow, that's pretty incredible. I wish they'd given more information about the nature of his paralysis in general though. I'd hope that scientists are looking into this recovery to find out if this is something that could assist others. There are so many different medical causes for paralysis that it's hard to tell, without the medical background, if this is a real result of the bite, of if it's a side effect of getting therapy for the bite. Having a couple of friends who are parapeligic, quadraplegic and even affected by stroke, this would be interesting to me.

I've told you many times people, spiders are our friends.. :tu:

If they bite you, don't worry, it's just their way of showing affection.

Some of them can be cute, why....look at this little fella...

linked-image

Thats simply amazing, Most brown recluse bite victims has the flesh getting eaten away and in some cases will eat an entire leg muscle out forming an abcess so huge its next to impossible to get it to heal, My sister inlaw was bitten on her finger by a recluse a month ago and she still has the abcess trying to heal up, She came close to having her finger amputated because of it, So happy for this man that walks again,

Good find SF

Here are some photos of what a brown recluse bite can cause, NOTE; Not for the weak hearted, It shows open abcesses from the recluse bites,

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spider_bite...e/page11_em.htm

Edited by thefinalfrontier

I've told you many times people, spiders are our friends.. :tu:

If they bite you, don't worry, it's just their way of showing affection.

linked-image

That's a pretty unusual specimen!

Good find SF

Here are some photos of what a brown recluse bite can cause, NOTE; Not for the weak hearted, It shows open abcesses from the recluse bites,

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spider_bite...e/page11_em.htm

good god man, i think i would rather not be able to walk :blink: . obviously, i'm kidding. they will mess you up though. a friend of mine's sister got bitten by one 3 or 4 years ago and it was quite an ordeal. it got her good. she STILL has some pretty bad scarring from it.

Maybe they should run some more tests on spider venom and its effects on paralysis.

it a real life spiderman I tells ya.. amazing story though.

Gives ya hope that there's still much to learn from the curing the once though incurable.

good god man, i think i would rather not be able to walk :blink: . obviously, i'm kidding. they will mess you up though. a friend of mine's sister got bitten by one 3 or 4 years ago and it was quite an ordeal. it got her good. she STILL has some pretty bad scarring from it.

It makes me wonder how this man took a bite from a recluse and didnt have any tissue damage, Or maybe he did and they just left that part out,

It makes me wonder how this man took a bite from a recluse and didnt have any tissue damage, Or maybe he did and they just left that part out,

would you choose avoidance of scarring rather than able to walk again?

oops.. that comment was for.. SoulFire.. sorry..

Edited by Legatus Legionis

would you choose avoidance of scarring rather than able to walk again?

oops.. that comment was for.. SoulFire.. sorry..

Thats ok,, On page one I posted a link to what kind of damage a recluse can do, It just keeps eating the flesh away,

Those pictures where just examples of what a recluse could do :yes:

When I was younger, my little brother got bit by one right on the side of the face.

Aside from it growing extremely large (looked like a golf ball on the side of his face)

there wasn't any open wounds, the swelling went away, and there wan't any permanent scaring.

Edited by Jack_of_Blades

Those pictures where just examples of what a recluse could do :yes:

When I was younger, my little brother got bit by one right on the side of the face.

Aside from it growing extremely large (looked like a golf ball on the side of his face)

there wasn't any open wounds, the swelling went away, and there wan't any permanent scaring.

I seem to remember reading an article that aprox. 1 in 10 bites are severe cases, depends on how much venum is injected,,

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061.html

Bite Symptoms

The physical reaction to a brown recluse spider bite depends on the amount of venom injected and an individual's sensitivity to it. Some people are unaffected by a bite, whereas others experience immediate or delayed effects as the venom kills the tissues (necrosis) at the site of the bite. Many brown recluse bites cause just a little red mark that heals without event. The vast majority of brown recluse bites heal without severe scarring

Thats ok,, On page one I posted a link to what kind of damage a recluse can do, It just keeps eating the flesh away,

does a spider bite contain that much hemotoxin to do that kind of damage?!

does a spider bite contain that much hemotoxin to do that kind of damage?!

Yes it can cause that kind of damage if the bite injects enough venum in a person,

See the post just above here about how a recluse bite is more toxic to some than it is to others,

I live in the south of the usa and they are everywhere here along with black widow spiders which is not as bad as a recluse but I check my clothes every time I change,

linked-image

That's cute alright.....I can't stand spiders, but this one's not so bad :lol:

lol Chaoszerg,

tis true, it's funny how the common house spider, is more... creepy.. mean looking.

linked-image

Fascinating, absolutely Fascinating.