Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

spider bite cures paraplegic

SoulFire

Atleast there is one good use for spiders....I hate them

Thanks

B???

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thefinalfrontier

• chaoszerg

• Legatus Legionis

• schizoidwoman

I dunno, spiders never bothered me, but I've also never lived anywhere where there are poisonous ones either. Around here all we have are these giant wood spiders (and they're BIG) they come in my house in the fall sometimes, I swear I can hear 'em tryin' to sneek up on me! LOL. But they don't bother me, I just watch 'em cruise through the lviing room to where ever they're going. I don't even try to usher them outside. LOL.

But, they aren't poisonous either, just really big and hairy... I think poisonous spiders I might not be so lax about.

Edited by MissMelsWell

I dunno, spiders never bothered me, but I've also never lived anywhere where there are poisonous ones either. Around here all we have are these giant wood spiders (and they're BIG) they come in my house in the fall sometimes, I swear I can hear 'em tryin' to sneek up on me! LOL. But they don't bother me, I just watch 'em cruise through the lviing room to where ever they're going. I don't even try to usher them outside. LOL.

But, they aren't poisonous either, just really big and hairy... I think poisonous spiders I might not be so lax about.

I would so freak out and get a blow torch to get rid of that kind of spiders.. how could you live with those roaming around your house?

I thought it was a really heart warming story, kinda like Spiderman. Well, then I got to the last part with him getting arrested for domestic violence. Maybe he shouldn't have been bitten, at least for his family's sake.

If I remember correctly you live in Seattle and I do believe black widows can be found there along with the wolf spider. Not a 100% but pretty sure. Don't mean to scare you MissMels ;)

I thought it was a really heart warming story, kinda like Spiderman. Well, then I got to the last part with him getting arrested for domestic violence. Maybe he shouldn't have been bitten, at least for his family's sake.

I know! I was all happy for him, and then saw the last part. He might be more dangerous now that he is walking again. :(

I don't know, MissMelswell, be careful.

where you live you have Tegenaria agrestis, the aggressive house spider..or hobo spider.

Common in Europe, it's know as Tegenaria duellica or the common house spider.

But when it emigrated over to the US, for unknown reasons it became more aggressive. probably as a reaction to adapting to its surroundings.

linked-image

Thats the spider from arachnophobia ahhhhhhhhhh

They should try getting a spider to bite that down syndrome kid, it might cure his virginity. :P

I don't know, MissMelswell, be careful.

where you live you have Tegenaria agrestis, the aggressive house spider..or hobo spider.

Common in Europe, it's know as Tegenaria duellica or the common house spider.

But when it emigrated over to the US, for unknown reasons it became more aggressive. probably as a reaction to adapting to its surroundings.

linked-image

It probably noticed that everyone was running around with guns in the US and decided its best to be aggressive so it does not end up with a cap in its a$$. Funny how they are harmless over here in the UK and just don't right creepy yet over in the US they are downright creepy and aggressive.

Edited by chaoszerg

Funny how they are harmless over here in the UK and just downright creepy yet over in the US they are downright creepy and aggressive.

I think our British spiders are just more polite.

I think our British spiders are just more polite.

A stiff upper fang and all that.

I know! I was all happy for him, and then saw the last part. He might be more dangerous now that he is walking again. :(

It does all go a bit Tales of the Unexpected at the end...

A stiff upper fang and all that.

You're right, English spiders favour a more passive aggressive approach...

I've told you many times people, spiders are our friends.. :tu:

If they bite you, don't worry, it's just their way of showing affection.

Some of them can be cute, why....look at this little fella...

linked-image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But I hate spiders, they creep me out!

I thought the brown recluse spider was poisonous and people can die from their bite?

I'm too tired too look it up :blush:

I dont know hey... I think a massive change of heart and redemption (not of the religious nature) can be accomplished after a life changing moment like that. Im thinking the warrant happened long before him being able to walk again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But I hate spiders, they creep me out!

I thought the brown recluse spider was poisonous and people can die from their bite?

I'm too tired too look it up :blush:

The brown recluse is a nasty bugger. After you are bitten the poison begins eating the flesh around the bite. I knew someone who lost part of their calf from being bitten by one of those.

We get those and black widows quite a bit here but I think it is fairly rare anyone dies from their bites, small children are way more susceptible to dying. Now I'm thinking about where I'm getting ready to move and the infamous funnel web spider who is considered one of the most dangerous spiders in the world and extremely aggressive they will have a go at you if you come near them. Their poison will kill an adult in 15 minutes time. :w00t:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAHwBvecfC8

Edited by stargazer123

Now I'm thinking about where I'm getting ready to move and the infamous funnel web spider who is considered one of the most dangerous spiders in the world and extremely aggressive they will have a go at you if you come near them. Their poison will kill an adult in 40 minutes time or less. :w00t:

Yikes, get the hospital on speed dial!

Yikes, get the hospital on speed dial!

You read my mind!!!! I never considered myself scared of spiders but I think I'll take that back...Sw I think finding one of those in my home really could be a bad omen! :lol: