Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alleged Bin Laden Tape Offers Truce To Europe

<bleeding_heart>

CAIRO, Egypt -- There's a new audio tape with a voice of a man who identifies himself as Osama bin Laden.

The seven-minute tape offers a "truce" to European countries that do not attack Muslims. The recording has been broadcast on Arab satellite networks, but the identity of the speaker has not been verified.

The message said there's a three-month window for actions that would lead to a truce, but that the time frame could be extended. The speaker said the truce will start when "the last soldier leaves our countries."

The tape also vows revenge against America for the Israeli assassination of militant Palestinian leader Sheik Ahmed Yassin, the leader of the Palestinian militant group Hamas.

And it denounces the U.S. war in Iraq, calling the war a money-making scheme for companies that make weapons or those that take part in reconstruction. It mentions Halliburton by name.

It mentions the train bombings in Madrid, Spain, and 9/11. The speaker said the attacks were "your goods delivered back to you."

A British opposition spokesman in London said the purported truce offer from bin Laden signals a rattling of the al-Qaida network.

The foreign affairs spokesman for Britain's Conservative Party said the taped remarks are an attempt to drive a wedge between allied nations. The spokesman said al-Qaida is frightened by the effectiveness of coalition forces in Iraq.

There's no way to immediately confirm the voice is bin Laden's.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Stamford

• wunarmdscissor

• bathory

'No negotiation' with Bin Laden

UK officials say there will be "no negotiating" with al-Qaeda after an apparent offer of a truce for Europe from Osama Bin Laden.

A tape said to be of Bin Laden has been broadcast on Arab TV offering Europe a truce if it "stops attacking Muslims".

But a Foreign Office spokesman described the offer as a "cynical ploy" to split Europe and the US.

"The idea of an armistice with a group that defines itself by violence is an absurdity," he said.

The spokesman added: "It is al-Qaeda who kill Muslims. In the last five years as many as 4,000 people have died in terrorist attacks, many of these attacks have occurred in Islamic countries.

"Most of the people murdered were not the supposed targets for these terrorist attacks, they were local people going about their lives peacefully."

Michael Ancram, deputy leader of the Conservatives, the UK's main opposition party, told the BBC it showed al-Qaeda was worried.

Stop spilling our blood so we can stop spilling your blood

Voice on tape alleged to be Osama Bin Laden

"We have got to make absolutely sure that we stand shoulder-to-shoulder in the fight against Bin Laden, al-Qaeda and international terrorism," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

Two Arab television networks have played the audiotape said to be from Bin Laden.

In the tape, aired by al-Arabiya and al-Jazeera satellite channels, the voice says the truce would not be extended to the US, Reuters reported.

The person on the tape also vowed to avenge Israel's killing of Hamas' spiritual leader Ahmed Sheikh Yassin.

The authenticity of the tape could not be immediately verified.

Source

Typical victimization mentality.

Osama and his minions spills the blood of innocents. We have the "nerve" to retaliate and he dares to say that we should stop "spilling" their blood so they will stop?

And we are suppose to talk to to these people about peace? Their minds aren't even working logically!

Typical victimization mentality.

Osama and his minions spills the blood of innocents. We have the "nerve" to retaliate and he dares to say that we should stop "spilling" their blood so they will stop?

And we are suppose to talk to to these people about peace? Their minds aren't even working logically!

Very good KayEl! Nice to see your mind is working logically! thumbsup.gif

birds of a feather flocking together.......how sweet

A qoute i learned from a member who i feel genuinley sorry for .

Wonder who that is......... tongue.gif

That Bin Laden tape is a joke! He is trying to get other nations to back down like the Spaniards did. See what the Spaniards started? He scared them and now he's working on the rest of us. Definitely wants to divide...DIVIDE AND CONQUER!

those wacky spaniards and their making their own choices *shakes head bemusedly*

what will they think of next...

The Spaniards are cowardly...they have fallen right into the hands of the terrorists.

Do the Spaniards really think the terrorists will let them live?

When the terrorists take over (and they will, if we all follow Spain's model)... do the Spaniards really think the terrorists will let them live? w00t.gifwhistling2.gif

Edited by Babs

those wacky spaniards and their making their own choices *shakes head bemusedly*

what will they think of next...

if by making their own choices you mean being threatened by a minority and submitting to this minorities will? hell yeah!

Well, seeing how well the attack in Spain succeded I think there will most likely be another attach in the US right before elections.

So, as Glen Beck put it - Would America choose Spain or Spine?

I have no idea.

ph34r.gif

It's unfair to call the Spaniards cowards... They are only have the safety of its citizen in their mind right now...

The Americans called the shots to attack Iraq...Spain has to pay the price...Is that fair??...what's next... bombing spree at the entire Europe. When will it stop??

Does the tape means the coalition forces are winning and that terrorist are giving up and offering truce?? NO...it certainly does not. It shows that War on terrorism has failed and terrorists are still able to make deals and negotiations.

Lets face it, coalition forces has only won the battles, not the war.

Gotta agree with that...There will probably be an attempt or an attack in the U.S. before elections. Thanks Spain.

It used to bother me when countries critized us (U.S.) for actions we've taken after 911. I would always say that these countries never had a 911!!

P.S.

Now, look, Spain has a 311, and they run for the bed covers.

Edited by Babs

What will Spain do?... go off and live in peace somewhere? They are in a more precarious position then ever. The U.S. and coalition are hurt by this and not happy with Spain; the terrorists know that they have successfully terrorized the Spaniards and backed them down. The terrorists might leave Spain alone for awhile, but they'll be back.

The tape didn't get any deals...the terrorists are using politics, now, to divide and conquer. The war on terrorism is 'alive and well'. The terrorists are trying to knock the numbers down, though, so that they can win. The terrorists can't win with everyone on one side...AGAINST THEM.

The Americans called the shots to attack Iraq...Spain has to pay the price...Is that fair??

Spain doesn't live in a bubble. We are all in this together. It is a world war...a world war against terrorism. The terrorists want to take over the world; they are certainly not going to leave Spain out.

There will probably be an attempt or an attack in the U.S. before elections. Thanks Spain.

I don't belive Spain's actions will have any bearing on whether the US is attacked again - Al Queda would love another opportunity to attack the US.

Now, look, Spain has a 311, and they run for the bed covers.

Whilst I agree that Spain's reaction has played into the terrorists hands, you must remember the following:

Spain has endured terrorism for a lot longer than the US; Basque seperatists have been bombing and shooting up Spain for 3 decades. They didn't bow to terrorism then, so I belive to label them as 'cowards' would be unfair.

The New Spanish leader campaigned against the War in Iraq and is only carrying out his promise of ending Spain's involvement in said country; the timing is unfortunate, coming so soon after the Madrid bombings, however, I believe that Spain would have pulled its troops out anyway.

I don't believe Spain's actions will have any bearing on whether the US is attacked again

Spain's cowardly act will have a bearing on the world. The terrorist use what works...and what works for one, will work for another. Now, I'm not saying it will work on another country, but that's what they are thinking and that's what they will roll with. It's human nature.

I don't believe Spain's actions will have any bearing on whether the US is attacked again

Spain's cowardly act will have a bearing on the world. The terrorist use what works...and what works for one, will work for another. Now, I'm not saying it will work on another country, but that's what they are thinking and that's what they will roll with. It's human nature.

You all are making some very good arguments. So I'll toss my two cents in.

The timing of the attack on Spain were designed to coenside with the election there. The terrorist knew that there was a party that was strongly opposed to the war. The spanish people were already opposed to the war before the invasion or thier involvement. By attacking Spain, the terrorist assured that the Spanish troops

would leave Iraq.

Now they (the terrorist) will be free to work on other smaller countries where there is strong opposition by the people and the canidates for election to high office.

The biggest mistake the terrorist could make is launching a major attack here in the U.S. just prior to elections. Under the war powers act, all elections can be cancelled in time of national threat/unrest. We would be placed under martial law and all rights and freedoms are put on hold.

These terrorist may be radical wacko's, but make no mistake about it. they are not dumb or stupid by any means. They have learned the way of the enemy and know our weakness. They study our laws and or political system very carefully before acting. I am sure they watch CNN, FOX and all the other news channels to see what we are thinking and doing.

To describe the spanish as a bunch of cowards is a disgrace BTW.

BAbs what right do you have to call them cowards??

wunarmdscissor...

Babs what right do you have to call them cowards??

Yes, they have performed a cowardly act. I guess I have a right as much as others to speak my mind. Hiding your head in the sand isn't going to get rid of terrorism.

Hiding your head in the sand isn't going to get rid of terrorism.

Sadly, neither was the invasion of Iraq - quite the opposite actually.

Stamford Posted on Apr 21 2004, 03:49 PM

Hiding your head in the sand isn't going to get rid of terrorism. 

Sadly, neither was the invasion of Iraq - quite the opposite actually.

Couldn't agree more thumbsup.gif

Really, what would you have done?

Really, what would you have done?

If this is refered to me, Babs, I will say the following, although I do feel I am going over the same ground:

The war on terror is justified; we should hunt these people down and punish them for their actions (not just 911, but 311 and the atrocities in Istanbul, Bali, Kenya and Saudi Arabia).

However, the invasion of Iraq has failed to be justified:

Simply by stating that he was an evil man and deserved to be overthrown is simply not cause enough. There are evil men in power all over the world, yet we do nothing to eleviate the suffering of their people, just as we did nothing to help the Iraqis whilst Saddam was our 'friend'.

There is no link between Saddam and 911, Osama Bin Laden or any other terrorist actions carried out against the West - show me the proof!!

The absence of WMDs just adds to the facts that this war has never been justified.

We carried out an illegal action, which, if it had been carried out by North Korea or China, for example, would have led to claims of War Crimes by the US and UK.

The war in Iraq has rallied Musilms accross the globe to Al Queda, surely the opposite of the desired result of the War on Terror; we have played into Ossama's hands by going to war with Iraq.

If we pull the troops out now, we will have created another Afghanistan, rife with Islamic fundamentalism and Iraq WILL become a State Sponsor of Terrorism. So we find ourseleves mired down in a bloody tit-for-tat war, which will lead to more US and UK service men/women dying and hundres (maybe thousands) more Iraqis dying.

I hope I have answered your question, but somehow I doubt it.

Babs read the post please and if you open your mind from the bush soundbites youll realise that the two subjects are not intertwined.

We all agree that the terrorists should be hunted down and shown no mercy.

However the war on Iraq was not justified for the reasons they gave us.

If blair had told us that he was going in to get saddam because he was an evil b****** id have been right behind him all the way.