Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Caul!

Damack

Hello everyone, I really don't know how to even start this post and I'm extremely hesitant due to the fact that I don't want to sound like a nut job. OK I'll stat from the beginning I guess, when I was a child I had many horrifying experiences with what I then thought were monsters, seeing things that weren't there or my most memorable was seeing a lady standing over my bed at I would guess the age of five or so but I can still remember her face, she was very scary and crying, after that in my mind I closed a "Door" and tried to block out things like that. Sometimes on days like Christmas and birthdays I would actually see my gifts before I ever got them in a dream like state. Recently about 2 years ago my grand father passed away rather suddenly while I was out of town. I had something happen to me that night that I just had to tell my parents, I went to bed and was "visited" by my grand father, I wasn't asleep because I could see everything around me, but I was kinda "out of my body" and sat down at a table with him and had a conversation, I was able to tell my father things that only he and his Dad would only know and he knew that I wasn't just pretending or making it up. So my mother told me that she always knew that I had a "Special" ability because I was born with a Caul over my face, I never knew what this thing was but I have been having many things happen that I just can't explain. My grand mother passed about a year ago and she too "visited" me and we had another conversation that I was able to tell my mother things that she and her mother only knew. But I have always felt as if "spirits" or energy are drawn to me, lately things have been happening that I really can't explain. The reason for this post is to find out if this is all in my head or is there really some validity to it or if there are others out there like me. I know that some times I go to bed and go into this dream type state and see things happen that within the next two or three days it actually comes to true, one of my most horrible one was in September, I had a dream I was in one of the towers but could only feel chaos and fear, I wasn't sure what was happening but in a matter of days I saw what happen on TV and knew that what I was dreaming. My wife is a skeptic about this, but now no more :) A few nights ago she was able to feel a presence in our bed room and actually saw a light orb or energy ball as she described it, in our bath room while I was sleeping. I know I'm a bit scatter brained on putting this down on a site but it's kinda hard to put a few things that happen, I have way to many things really to post but these are most of the types of things that happen to me. Well I'm gonna shut up now and put this out there and see if I really am a loon. Thank you all for your time.. be gentle :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Damack

• Meiliken

• oslove

• Paranormian

It's an old folks legend that people born with cauls have the ability to see into the future and read others thoughts. Other than that, I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject. Sorry! Once again, I am virtually no help! LOL!

What is a Caul?.......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caul (copy&paste)

It is possible that you may be truly psychic....Don't let others knock it....accept their beliefs as theirs, just because someone else doesn't believe in something doesn't mean that you can't. I say look for more advice not only from believers but from skeptics as well....sometimes skeptics can be quite knowledgeable about subjects that they do not believe in.....Sometimes you can get better knowlege from skeptics than from believers, this is because skeptic like facts....now I don't believe in facts, (it used to be a fact that the world was flat or that the sun revolved around the earth), but they do & they know them inside & out. Believers can be very helpful as well in figuring out just what you might have(emapthy telekinesis etc.), Almost everyone on this forum is very knowlegeable and quite nice.

Edited by soulseeker

Three things:

One:

.....I'm extremely hesitant due to the fact that I don't want to sound like a nut job.

Dont worry about such things. Your in good company here either way.....

Two:

Paragraphs would make your post much easier to read for those that are interested in its content. Just a FYI

Three:

You were born with a fleshy sac around you that should have burst during normal birth. Nothing more, nothing less. Everyone is in this sac right up until birth, you just came out with it still on. It is not going to induce super powers, visions or any of the like.

I can not really help you with any of your other stuff. Good luck with it.

Enjoy your stay here at UM.

Kevin A.

Despite Kevin A.'s pretty down pat opinion. I believe that there are people more sensitive to signs of nature and things like that...I reckon that there were reasons for that superstition. It is long lived.

yeah it was kinda a run on... a long long run on... But I was really tryin just to get my ideas out there cuz it has been weighing on my shoulders for some time... As appose to super powers trust me I would definitely not want to see the types of things that I have seen

curiosity killed the cat.

for all of you who don't know what a caul is like i did..DO NOT GOOGLE IT LOL

thats ****ing nasty!!!!

Hello everyone, I really don't know how to even start this post and I'm extremely hesitant due to the fact that I don't want to sound like a nut job. OK I'll stat from the beginning I guess, when I was a child I had many horrifying experiences with what I then thought were monsters, seeing things that weren't there or my most memorable was seeing a lady standing over my bed at I would guess the age of five or so but I can still remember her face, she was very scary and crying, after that in my mind I closed a "Door" and tried to block out things like that. [etc.]

I envy you because I wished I had also the same experiences then I would not have to watch boring TV programs when I am not getting to sleep easily.

Important thing is to be able to bring up such experiences as you will.

But if they come up suddenly and cause no disaster whatever -- seeing that you can still write in a web forum is proof that those experiences do not cause any disaster whatever to your health or sanity, then I tend to still envy you because you have surprise entertainment without any cost and trouble.

Once I thought I was awake in bed and my mother-in-law was looking at me in the face -- she is deceased; it was so real; but eventually I came to know that it was a dream or whatever; as with some dreams you can continue in them and even orchestrate them, but this is not one of them, because the image left.

So I told my mother-in-law she is welcome to look at me in the face as I sleep, speaking to her in some kind of prayer communication mode. No, she never made that kind of appearance anymore to date.

I want to mention here also that when I look at my wife in sleep she would seem to appear in her face to look like my mother-in-law.

I am on good terms with my wife and my mother-in-law though.

I really welcome such experiences because they are great entertainment and harmless and cause no money disbursement and trouble to undergo if they do come.

So, congratulations, whatever your explanation for them as the consequence of being born with a caul.

Oslove

Almost everyone on this forum is very knowlegeable and quite nice.

I agree on the knowledgeable part, but not everyone is nice about it. Some here view ignorance as a disability and will treat those with it as less. So my advice is not to take negativity to heart. Some will be nagative, and to those, simply listen, but don't take to heart.

I envy you because I wished I had also the same experiences then I would not have to watch boring TV programs when I am not getting to sleep easily.

No you don't. Nothing feels worse than feeling like you're an outsider. Being special doesn't make you feel an outsider. Feeling like an outsider, like you're alone, can be the worst experience in existence. People are pack animals that rely on others. Ask anyone that finds these things about themselves, and they will all tell you that they feel separate of the rest of humanity. At least until they find out they're not alone.

I have to say I feel like I'm a slight outsider because It's so hard to just come up to someone and say hey so I talked to your dead dad yesterday. :( And yes they are pack animals, I'm 27 5'5 and about 145 pounds and people love to take turns picking on the fact that I'm short let alone that I see what I see.. could you imagine :0

The only thing that didn't make any sense of the whole experience is that I was able to have the person that passed away tell me things that I in no way would be able to know about my mother or my father... Ever in a million years unless I was there...

Also I never truly feel in any real "Danger" just a very uneasy feeling and have only had one physical contact with an "entity or spirit"

i understand in a way. i have had an out of body experiance before i also have abilities of hearing and feeling the presents of the dead. its weird i could walk in a room and feel their presants almost instantly its freaky. i also have some visions of my past and future of differant things. ind sometimes i get a gut feeling and chills when good or bad things happen. :tu:

i understand in a way. i have had an out of body experiance before i also have abilities of hearing and feeling the presents of the dead. its weird i could walk in a room and feel their presants almost instantly its freaky. i also have some visions of my past and future of differant things. ind sometimes i get a gut feeling and chills when good or bad things happen. :tu:

I think you mean presence. A present is something you give to someone, like a gift or whatnot.

Yeah explaining it to someone that hasn't experienced something like that is sooo hard....

Last night I got up at 3am to a beeping smoke detector unfortunately we have been having problems with it and took the batteries out of it about 3 days prior... pretty weird lol...

Who ya gonna caul! Nut Busters!

The spirit visitation thing I won't really comment on.

In regards to visualizing your presents everyone can do this unless their parents&relatives etc don't ever get you what you want then it's all guess work. Although my mom who wanted a new piano... She knew I would get her one she just never expected me to travel all the way to Europe to spend about 200k on an antique from the mid 18th century and have it restored for her. Never saw it coming lol.

QUOTE (oslove @ Mar 20 2009, 08:56 PM)

No you don't. Nothing feels worse than feeling like you're an outsider. Being special doesn't make you feel an outsider. Feeling like an outsider, like you're alone, can be the worst experience in existence. People are pack animals that rely on others. Ask anyone that finds these things about themselves, and they will all tell you that they feel separate of the rest of humanity. At least until they find out they're not alone.

I agree with you about the sorrow or distress of feeling all alone.

I just thought that that author of this thread as I read his op is not really troubled by his being special for having been born with a caul.

For humor though somewhat morbid, if his caul is still stuck to him, then he would feel even worse, much worse than being alone, and he might just want to be in hiding rather than be seen by others who do not sport a caul.

Oslove

I agree with you about the sorrow or distress of feeling all alone.

I just thought that that author of this thread as I read his op is not really troubled by his being special for having been born with a caul.

For humor though somewhat morbid, if his caul is still stuck to him, then he would feel even worse, much worse than being alone, and he might just want to be in hiding rather than be seen by others who do not sport a caul.

Oslove

Lol I don't wear it lol.. I was just born with it... I really just wanna know if there are other people out there that have these same things happening to them?

Lol I don't wear it lol.. I was just born with it... I really just wanna know if there are other people out there that have these same things happening to them?

Of course there are. Why else is there a website that has a forum for such? If you search enough you can find a following for just about anything.

There might not be anything happening like this to anyone at all including you. Fact is no one really knows what happens with other people which makes it hard to support things like caul's with people who's minds work like mine. Especially on the internet where lying is way to easy to type like wise with delusions as well... Not that I'm saying you are doing either but lot's of people do.

Hello everyone, I really don't know how to even start this post and I'm extremely hesitant due to the fact that I don't want to sound like a nut job. OK I'll stat from the beginning I guess, when I was a child I had many horrifying experiences with what I then thought were monsters, seeing things that weren't there or my most memorable was seeing a lady standing over my bed at I would guess the age of five or so but I can still remember her face, she was very scary and crying, after that in my mind I closed a "Door" and tried to block out things like that. Sometimes on days like Christmas and birthdays I would actually see my gifts before I ever got them in a dream like state. Recently about 2 years ago my grand father passed away rather suddenly while I was out of town. I had something happen to me that night that I just had to tell my parents, I went to bed and was "visited" by my grand father, I wasn't asleep because I could see everything around me, but I was kinda "out of my body" and sat down at a table with him and had a conversation, I was able to tell my father things that only he and his Dad would only know and he knew that I wasn't just pretending or making it up. So my mother told me that she always knew that I had a "Special" ability because I was born with a Caul over my face, I never knew what this thing was but I have been having many things happen that I just can't explain. My grand mother passed about a year ago and she too "visited" me and we had another conversation that I was able to tell my mother things that she and her mother only knew. But I have always felt as if "spirits" or energy are drawn to me, lately things have been happening that I really can't explain. The reason for this post is to find out if this is all in my head or is there really some validity to it or if there are others out there like me. I know that some times I go to bed and go into this dream type state and see things happen that within the next two or three days it actually comes to true, one of my most horrible one was in September, I had a dream I was in one of the towers but could only feel chaos and fear, I wasn't sure what was happening but in a matter of days I saw what happen on TV and knew that what I was dreaming. My wife is a skeptic about this, but now no more :) A few nights ago she was able to feel a presence in our bed room and actually saw a light orb or energy ball as she described it, in our bath room while I was sleeping. I know I'm a bit scatter brained on putting this down on a site but it's kinda hard to put a few things that happen, I have way to many things really to post but these are most of the types of things that happen to me. Well I'm gonna shut up now and put this out there and see if I really am a loon. Thank you all for your time.. be gentle :)

I have just read your op again, and still I am of the impression that you are not in any trouble of danger to life or loss of money.

As far as I can see from your words, you are actually enjoying your peculiar experiences which you attribute to having been born with a caul.

And I still wished that I could have such experiences which for me and I am sure for you also are terrific but safe and no financially draining entertainment, and very convenient to go through.

People talk about special gifts or advantages from being born in some kind of situation, like in your case with the caul still attached to you.

In my place people who are born with the their legs coming out first, difficult passage you know, are supposed to possess a special talent, in that they can help others who have got a bone stuck in their throat.

No, I never had to seek one of these folks for assistance, and they are supposed to be found by asking about in the neighborhood further and further in a widening circle until you get referred finally to one.

But I have heard from people even extended family members who have benefited from their special talent.

What they do is gently touch or rub or stroke or massage your throat and either the bone stuck there gets down to your stomach or it comes out by your mouth -- easily and painlessly.

What is their reward for this kind of a service?

Nothing as far as I know; if you like you can give some food gift or treat him to a good ale, or just say "thank you!" profusely.

That is the kind of 'paranormal' gifts I want to hear about and come to the acquaintance of people possessing them.

But if such people can tell us about experiences which are essentially entertaining even though frightening but never deadly or incurring loss of their money, I am also disposed to give them a hearing for my own entertainment.

Oslove

Yeah explaining it to someone that hasn't experienced something like that is sooo hard....

Last night I got up at 3am to a beeping smoke detector unfortunately we have been having problems with it and took the batteries out of it about 3 days prior... pretty weird lol...

thats really creepy maybe their trying to contact you. because how does it go off when you took the batteries out of it days ago. unless ur siblings or parents put new ones in.