Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What haunted place would you visit?

stargazer123

So what supposedly haunted place have you always wanted to check out? If you've already been I'd like to hear about it.

My choice would be the remains of the Elizabeth Bathory castle in Hungary. I know out of all places that would be a genuine morbid fascination! :w00t:

I went toured some supposedly haunted places in Key West. I didn't experience anything but I did feel a strange kind of something around Ernest Hemingway's former home, could have been the ten gazillion cats running around.

The other place I visited when I was a kid was Allison's grave in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. We went on a tour of her house and visited her grave site (which they had to move because people were disrespecting her grave and doing stupid things to try to raise her ghost :( ). I didn't feel anything strange at her grave just got the creeps obviously. It was actually a grave a few doors down that I felt drawn to and felt something I can't quite put my finger on but it feels like someone is watching you. It was the grave of a young child.

So how bout you any top haunted locations you'd like to visit one day?

Mansfield Reformatory in Ohio. Have been in there. Love it. We used to go trick or treating in there as kids. They don't do it anymore.

I remember seeing a show about a residual haunting in England somewhere...in an old castle. A lady was often seen walking down a certain hallway and they even seemed to have a good idea who it was....sounded interesting....as long as I wasn't there by myself.... :w00t:

Other than that..??..??..?? I wonder if there are any Ghost Babes... :innocent:

i highly recommend the house i grew up in in rockford il. over a period of 10 years i saw and heard enough things in that house to tell stories for hours. only problem is you almost have to live there. just one visit never produces anything. ive been to many houses that the owner claims is haunted and ive never heard or seen anything. been in a few houses that give me the heebies and make the hair stand up on the back of my next, but im not sure thats an actual sign of anything. because the house i lived in NEVER gave me that feeling. wont post the address but it was in rockford illinois. the house was built by john andrews in or around 1805. house has spent more time on the market than occupied. tenants that moved in after us claimed they made friends with the ghost but moved out within a year. i actually would like to share some stories. and being new to the forum would appreciate it if someone could recommend a thread ( i hate starting new threads)

Mansfield Reformatory in Ohio. Have been in there. Love it. We used to go trick or treating in there as kids. They don't do it anymore.

This would be my choice too however it may be more then Id really like to experience... I prefer sweet little old lady ghosts/spirits. Im chicken!

Hampton Court Palace, on the banks of the Thames, is considered one of the most haunted buildings in the United Kingdom. Most of the famous phantom visitors are contemporaries of Henry VIII, like Cardinal Thomas Wolsey who gave the palace to Henry, two of Henry's beheaded wives, and maybe the Tudor King himself returned to the palace in December 2003:

http://www.socyberty.com/Paranormal/Famous...on-Court.538681

I wouldn't mind spending the night in any haunted house, but I wouldn't want to spend the night in a huge asylum or institution. ALong with my camera, I'd take 12-pack of Shiner Bock, 3 packs of Marlboro 100s, and a really thick paperback--just so I wouldn't be bored.

I would LOVE to visit Versailles, where Miss Moberly and Miss Morrison had a timeslip incident. They claim they walked paths that are no longer there and came upon many people dressed in 18th century clothing. One of them feels she actually saw Marie Antoinette sitting on the lawn in front of the Petit Trianon, painting a picture. This was on September 5th, and they later found out that was the day that Marie Antoinette and her family were driven out of Versailles by an angry mob. So I would like to go on September 5th and see if I could have the same thing happen!

Vlad The Impaler's (Count Dracula's) castle in Transylvania.

Vlad The Impaler's (Count Dracula's) castle in Transylvania.

You know Vlad the impaler was a cousin to Elizabeth Bathory by marriage. The darkness seemed to run throughout that family. :w00t:

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch guys! Some of these places I've never heard of so I'm having fun looking into them. :tsu: Although some of you might be brave enough to spend the night that is where I draw the line!!! I'm chicken buck buck buck buck

Thanks a bunch guys! Some of these places I've never heard of so I'm having fun looking into them. :tsu: Although some of you might be brave enough to spend the night that is where I draw the line!!! I'm chicken buck buck buck buck

Maybe if there's a Bed & Breakfast now, you would reconsider? There is one now in the Epworth Rectory, that once had a famous Poltergeist, Old Jeffrey:

http://www.socyberty.com/Paranormal/The-Ep...tergeist.432573

I am going to visit Gettysburg Battlefield in a few weeks with the paranormal investigation group that I am with... I'll let you know how it goes..

Other than that I would love to visit any haunted location.

I am going to visit Gettysburg Battlefield in a few weeks with the paranormal investigation group that I am with... I'll let you know how it goes..

Oh cool! That is another place I would love to go. Let us know what happens or at least even how you enjoyed it...

Maybe if there's a Bed & Breakfast now, you would reconsider? There is one now in the Epworth Rectory, that once had a famous Poltergeist, Old Jeffrey:

http://www.socyberty.com/Paranormal/The-Ep...tergeist.432573

Ahhh yeah thats probably not the best idea for me unless I had a group of people sleeping within feet of me. :passifier: hehehehe

Soul seeker...definitely tell us how that one goes and watch out for the muskets!!!!

That would be one of my first choices to visit. I'd also like to visit the Cities of the Dead in New Orleans.

if i had to choose one it would be "LEAP CASTLE" in ireland,the place is evil,ive seen a few t.v shows aboutit,and read about it,and there are a lot of pictures on the web of it,,,,spooky place.

I would love to visit the site of the Borley Rectory in Essex. Also Raynham Hall, and maybe if I had the chance, I'd also visit Waverly Hills Sanatorium.

Not very glorious places, but they're interesting nonetheless!

So what supposedly haunted place have you always wanted to check out? If you've already been I'd like to hear about it.

My choice would be the remains of the Elizabeth Bathory castle in Hungary. I know out of all places that would be a genuine morbid fascination! :w00t:

I went toured some supposedly haunted places in Key West. I didn't experience anything but I did feel a strange kind of something around Ernest Hemingway's former home, could have been the ten gazillion cats running around.

The other place I visited when I was a kid was Allison's grave in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. We went on a tour of her house and visited her grave site (which they had to move because people were disrespecting her grave and doing stupid things to try to raise her ghost :( ). I didn't feel anything strange at her grave just got the creeps obviously. It was actually a grave a few doors down that I felt drawn to and felt something I can't quite put my finger on but it feels like someone is watching you. It was the grave of a young child.

I think the scariest place would be in Venice Italy, Poveglia Island. Just reading the history of that place gives one the creeps :unsure2:

I think the scariest place would be in Venice Italy, Poveglia Island. Just reading the history of that place gives one the creeps :unsure2:

Oh yeah I heard about that one, where they put all those people who had the plague and than later built that mental institution where the doctor did experiments on people. That gave me the creeps big time.

I've visited Forest Lawn Cemetary in Glendale, CA. They have a beautiful room with stained glassed windows and urns and tiny coughins witht the remains of babies and young people dating back as far as the late 1800's. During my first visit there I saw a another kid there much younger than me at the time with an old woman and he asked me why did people have to die so young. I told him sometimes God has emergencies in heaven and needs to call special people home to help him. I told him God needs more angels. He smiled and said thank you. Some other people came in and screamed. The other kid and the old woman with him turned transparent fast and were gone.

I thought it was a holigram or something. I didnt have enough thought at the time to be afraid.

But it's not just cemetaries that are haunted. I'm very sensitive and have had many personal experiences at various locations. My opinion of hauntings and experience in haunted places is different than most peoples. Some aparitions can appear completely alive, are not ghoulish or freaky and some are more than residual, some are very intelligent hauntings.

I think the TV Show TAPS/ Ghosthunters does a great job with their investigations. Alot of alleged haunted sites can be debunked or disproved. But there are some major sites that actually haunted.

I live in California and the more experiences I have the unnerved I become. With all the atrocities that occur in life, there is still an afterlife. Existence comes in many forms be it normal or paranormal.

Levens Hall, in South Cumbria, is a Tudor style sixteenth century residence, built on the site of a twelfth century Pele Tower. The house is open to the public from April to October. A Lakeland guide once described the park as 'the sweetest spot that fancy can imagine'. The picturesque manor house has become world famous because of its topiary garden, with the yew trees that have been cut to amazing shapes for the past three centuries.

In this article are described all the characters that haunt Levens Hall; including a gypsy woman, phantom black dog, mysterious pink lady, traffic ghost and the spirit of a harpsichord player:

The Spirits of Levens Hall, South Cumbria

linked-image