Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters SMOKING GUN CONFESSION!

Staceyinfo

http://*******/?p=354#more-354

Jason Hawes (T.A.P.S. founder) phones and we spoke 03.02.09

> 1,471 views

By Ron T on March 3, 2009

We spoke about Brent Fair, the collar tug, coat hanger toss and much more.

Expecting a confrontation, the 63 minute conversation was polite and there were NO personal attacks (unlike the rabid TAPS fans attacking me). Jason expressed some concerns and we shared a few laughs. Unfortunately, I cannot make known (publicly) the absolute conversation (due to privacy); however, I can discuss some key bullet points.

The phone rang at approx. 7:28 PM and the voice on the other end was deep and authoritative. He said “Ron Tebo, this is Jason Hawes. I must first tell you I do not want this conversation recorded.” I confirmed his request and assured him the conversation was not to be recorded!

Immediately he expressed his concern (rightfully) for his daughter’s safety in regards to the Altona E.V.P. circulating throughout the Internet. I will not talk about the specifics (fear of copycats) but to say I will not insert the E.V.P. on this web site for hundreds to scrutinized and exploit. Do I believe the EVP is his daughter’s voice? My source tells me the voice is; however, the child (his child or any child) should NOT be exploited and I do publicly apologize for speaking about this subject on other web sites.

After we gently hammered out our differences and anatomize our personalities; we spoke about the infamous collar tug! Hey, after all I had Jason Hawes on the phone and I had to take this opportunity to question him the obvious blunder on Halloween. To my bewilderment, Jason graciously answered my barefaced questions; however, (IMO) respectfully he was not definite about his explanations.

Collar Tug

When questioned, (without hesitation); Jason suggested I would need to approach Grant and question him about the collar tug for he (Jason) was more than 2o feet from Grant when the first tug occurred. He said; “Ron, to be honest, I was not right there and I don’t know. You’ll need to ask Grant.” After I laughed, I told him I did reach out to Grant; however, Grant has not gotten back to me as of this writing.

In addition, he offered no solid explanation; however, he did volunteer his interpretation in regards to the last tug (when Jason slapped Grant on the back).

The only clarification he offers - Grant’s collar descending (fourth tug) may have been caused by the wire attached to his ear piece. He offered NO explanation (paranormal or otherwise) for the tugs prior to the fourth tug. And after a brief pause, I expressed my disappointment to Jason about Grant and told Jason in my opinion Grant threw him (Jason) under the bus for inventing the evidence. Expectably, Jason in a flash (like a hungry Hyena chasing his game) came to Grant’s defense and politely cross-examined my lack of personal knowledge of Grant’s personality. He further said if I knew Grant on a personal level I would understand Grant is an honest and aboveboard person.

Voice

The voice (”You don’t belong here.”) was unique and he offered an excellent clarification: Coast Guard. He told me it may have been the Coast Guard scaring off intruders.

Coat Hanger Toss

We didn’t spend much time analyzing this blunder (IMO); however, Jason told me he had NO explanation because it was dark and all he knew something flew in his direction. The video does reinforce and support his summary.

Brent Fair

If the allegations are true, Jason expressed his disappointment with Mr. Fair and he would like to see ticket holders get their money back! Also, he said he will be speaking to his attorney about having his photo removed from Mr. Fair’s we www.tapscon2.com.

We did talk about family and I expressed my sympathy for his traveling and being away from his family. Due to his attentiveness of this topic, I really thought he needed a compassionate ear and I was happy to listen. Being a single father of twin boys, I know it hurts deeply to be away from your children and personally - he has my sympathy and understanding. Yes, it is his choice; however, the sacrifice is still difficult.

In closing, I felt like we (Jason and I) made progress and a friendship may be possible; however, I made it clear to Jason I will never accommodate his need to know my sources. Furthermore, I will NEVER be convinced Grant is pure and evidence is not fabricated for ratings.

I am confident Mr Hawes realizes this (the web site) is business and not personal. He gave me his best and told me we will go for coffee when he is in Buffalo come May. End.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staceyinfo

• CausticGnostic

• HollyDolly

• Corp

I don't get this. I haven't seen GH in a while but I don't know what this is in reference to? Was this a big controversy?

I don't get this. I haven't seen GH in a while but I don't know what this is in reference to? Was this a big controversy?

Omigod!!! Where have you been...dead???!!! This is ALL over the internet. Actually why I even came here. I was following some link to the controversy and it led me here. Please go to Utube and search for Grant and jacket tug...

Thanks for the article stacey, you always find interesting articles and I appreciate your efforts. Watching people go after TAPS reminds me of the salem witch trials. Skeptics won't rest until they find them guilty even if they aren't. WITCH!!!! hehe

I do personally believe that a piece of two of evidence may have been embellished or even fabricated, but not by the TAPS members themselves. I would not be suprised at all if the Sci Fi production team tried to fake things from time to time.

The people of TAPS are also human and are subject to the same mistakes all people make. Several pieces of evidence they claim to be genuine are often looked at again and again online by skeptics. It is easy to sit back and analyze evidence over and over online and find mistakes. You have to remember that the Ghost Hunters show only has so long to analyze evidence and move on. When they tape the show they run all over the country for a period of months and hit many different locations in rapid succession. I would say that they do a pretty good job of debunking whenever they can. It is very possible to make mistakes when you travel and have deadlines that need to be met. They only have so long before the shows they tape air, and they do the best they can in the time allotted.

The people who are skeptics sit back and analyze the evidence over and over again for as long as they need to come up with normal explanations. Too bad TAPS doesn't have that luxury when they record their show. I have yet to see a smoking gun, and if they ever do find one I believe the blame would lie on the Sci Fi production team and not TAPS themselves. I still find TAPS basically credible, and it is the only show that I believe to be genuine.

At the same time I am very good at reading people and can generally tell when people are not being truthful. During the TAPS live event when the disembodied voice was heard my instinct told me that Jason didn't believe it was real. Does that mean it wasn't? Of course not, but I believe he was suspicious at least.

Edited by cpjason

As a self-proclaimed skeptic, I'd have to agree with cpjason. Ghosthunters is one of my favorite shows. Jason and Grant both come across as honest stand-up guys trying to investigate paranormal phenomena as honestly as they can. Although I'm not avid about EVPs. the GH team has brought to light some amazing video and thermal evidence. Given the rarity of such evidence, one shouldn't expect momentous revelations every show, if at all. Compared to all the other "paranormal" shows on TV, GH is still the best one. I'd be really surprised--not to mention upset--if it turned out that Jason and Grant or anybody else on their team were fabricating evidence. It woulf set the entire field back immensely.

By the way, I wasn't aware of either "the collar-tug" controversy or the "coat hanger" question. I must have been dead that week. . . . But I'm feeling better now and am almost fully recovered.

So these two are going into the Books Tagged as Biscardi's Wow.

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

Wow, Hold Up here, What in the heck are we talking about here? I could care less about the coat hanger, Grant's jacket deal.But what in the name of Jesus,Mary and Joseph is this business about some evp obtained at Altoona,Pa and Jason's daughter?

How can you have an evp of a living person? I thought that evps were only from the dead??!!! At one of their investigations did a spirit threaten his daughter

,is this why he is trying to keep her safe???? Help enlighten us on this point.I may need to check out TAPS forum for futher help.

By the way, I wasn't aware of either "the collar-tug" controversy or the "coat hanger" question. I must have been dead that week. . . . But I'm feeling better now and am almost fully recovered.

:D That's funny...I knew there was a controversy but didn't think it was that big of a deal...

Welcome back from the dead Caustic! Maybe you could change your name to Deadsceptic and you and Undeadsceptic could be partners at a paranormal detective agency. Instead of playing good cop, bad cop, you could play live cop, dead cop... O.k., just a thought.

As for the mention by the other poster about the EVP voice being alive. Well, that is why I posted this. I should have written a question mark after smoking gun. I wondered if people looked at this article, would they see it as a series of semi-confessions by Jason or was he just not appearing very committed to answering allegations...?

He did NOT say - ABSOLUTELY THERE WAS NO JACKET TUG! Instead he says, go ask Jason and there may have been a dysfunction with the wire...NOT how dare you question our sincerity...?

Food for thought...

the fact is as the audience , we don't know what is real and what isn't. While they may seem sincere and upright ... it is tv. In real life ? well plenty of serial killers came across as sincere , upright , nice guys.

Our impression isn't fact. While I do enjoy the program ......... I take it with a bit of salt like anything else. I'd like to believe the tech like Thermal-vision cameras' .... but the rest is questionable.

James Alcock, a psychology professor at Toronto's York University, suggests several explanations for the so-called voices from the dead. One theory is that the recording devices are picking up snatches of radio broadcasts. Another is called "apophenia," which means that people tend to perceive patterns even when there are none.

"If we play the same piece of tape over and over ... we maximize the opportunity for the perceptual apparatus in our brain to 'construct' voices that do not exist," Alcock wrote in a presentation posted on the Web site of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal, an organization dedicated to debunking such claims.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...BUGDCFFS8Q1.DTL

Sounds like Jason defended Grant, not threw him under the bus

Hmmm. I took that statement from the blogger who felt that he did. However, I posted it to see what you all thought. Of course he did not deny anything, but did he vigorously defend Grant?

From the sounds of it he's saying that there might have been another reasons for the tug. However when the writer questioned Grant directly he says Jason jumped all over him.

Welcome back from the dead Caustic! Maybe you could change your name to Deadsceptic and you and Undeadsceptic could be partners at a paranormal detective agency. Instead of playing good cop, bad cop, you could play live cop, dead cop... O.k., just a thought.

As for the mention by the other poster about the EVP voice being alive. Well, that is why I posted this. I should have written a question mark after smoking gun. I wondered if people looked at this article, would they see it as a series of semi-confessions by Jason or was he just not appearing very committed to answering allegations...?

He did NOT say - ABSOLUTELY THERE WAS NO JACKET TUG! Instead he says, go ask Jason and there may have been a dysfunction with the wire...NOT how dare you question our sincerity...?

Food for thought...

I still don't understand the deal with jason's daughter and an evp. Maybe the evp Sounds LIke her ,but isn't.I could care lsee about Grant and the stupid jacket tug, I'm more curious about Ron Tebo's remarks about The Incident at Altona,and the evp.

Omigod!!! Where have you been...dead???!!! This is ALL over the internet. Actually why I even came here. I was following some link to the controversy and it led me here. Please go to Utube and search for Grant and jacket tug...

I haven't heard of it either, but I have to admit I also don't trust the "Ghost Hunters" as far as I can throw them so I don't take any interest in their exploits.

As I said, Stacey, I'm only partially recovered, so I'd have to play the "only partly-dead bad cop." :)

As I said, Stacey, I'm only partially recovered, so I'd have to play the "only partly-dead bad cop." :)

As I said, Stacey, I'm just partially recovered, so I'd be restricted to playing the "only partly-dead bad cop," and I'm not sure UndeadSkeptic would want such a "dead-beat" partner on a paranormal investigation. :)

As I said, Stacey, I'm just partially recovered, so I'd be restricted to playing the "only partly-dead bad cop," and I'm not sure UndeadSkeptic would want such a "dead-beat" partner on a paranormal investigation. :)

May I be so bold as to ask, have you been ill recently?

I still don't understand the deal with Jason's daughter and an evp. Maybe the evp Sounds LIke her ,but isn't.I could care lsee about Grant and the stupid jacket tug, I'm more curious about Ron Tebo's remarks about The Incident at Altona,and the evp.

I'm waiting for the answer to this(The second time asked) question to? what evp of his daughter?

I'm waiting for the answer to this(The second time asked) question to? what evp of his daughter?

As far as I can tell from reading the original blog I posted, during one of TAPs first episodes, they got an EVP of a little girl. Someone is saying that this EVP was actually his daughter. How they know that I have no clue. Does that answer your question? Sorry, that is all I know...

I just did a google search and came up with zip.Does anyone else know what happened to Jasons daughter?