Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What explanation are you going to give when..

As a Matter of Fact

It's Not Good Or bad, Unless the conscious Child of a parent propagates what was bad in their own eyes.

It's not nesesary, and Many more Choose what path is right for them, instead of the Path their parents want for their child.

Do you see something wrong with that?

If Not, Lets put this to bed

But again you are only talking about yourself and how you are with the situation......I on the other hand am talking about millions of those that have in fact been raised to follow parents, and they grow to believe in all their parents have taught them.....and the person they turn out to be is a result of their upbringing l

for some reason I have stated this so often and you keep going back to how it is just with you........when I have been 100% clear that I am talking about millions of others that arent like yourself...for it does happen and will continue to happen

A lot of kids wind up becoming just what their parents were.......Omnaka this is a fact...........you can go on and on about yourself again, but it still doesnt speak for millions that arent the same as you

Edited by Beckys_Mom

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Lt_Ripley

• As a Matter of Fact

• randomhit10

But again you are only talking about yourself and how you are with the situation......I on the other hand am talking about millions of those that have in fact been raised to follow parents, and they grow to believe in all their parents have taught them.....and the person they turn out to be is a result of their upbringing l

for some reason I have stated this so often and you keep going back to how it is just with you........when I have been 100% clear that I am talking about millions of others that arent like yourself...for it does happen and will continue to happen

A lot of kids wind up becoming just what their parents were.......Omnaka this is a fact...........you can go on and on about yourself again, but it still doesnt speak for millions that arent the same as you

Maybe I'm missing something here but it seems like Omnaka isn't talking only about himself, but about all of the people like him. Why is that a problem for you?

1. Question for different religious points of view and practices: You look around and not only see your own people who worship a certain faith but also see all the other religious people of other faiths. God asks: So, what do you have to say now????? ........what is your response to God?

"Where's the pub? I'm feeling a bit dry."

2. Question for atheists and agnostics: You look around still not convinced but are wondering when you are going to wake up. But you realize that you are dead. God asks: So, what do you have to say now??????........what is your response to God?

"Where's the gentlemen's club? I'm feeling a bit peckish, if you know what I mean."

:lol:

There is a marvelous anecdote from the occasion of Bertrand Russell's ninetieth birthday that best serves to summarize his attitude toward God and religion.

A London lady sat next to him at this party, and over the soup she suggested to him that he was not only the world's most famous atheist but, by this time, very probably the world's oldest atheist. "What will you do, Bertie, if it turns out you're wrong?" she asked. "I mean, what if -- uh -- when the time comes, you should meet Him? What will you say?"

Russell was delighted with the question. His bright, birdlike eyes grew even brighter as he contemplated this possible future dialogue, and then he pointed a finger upward and cried, "Why, I should say, 'God, you gave us insufficient evidence.'"

Question for atheists and agnostics: You look around still not convinced but are wondering when you are going to wake up. But you realize that you are dead. God asks: So, what do you have to say now??????........what is your response to God?

"What the hell sort of question is that?"

"What the hell sort of question is that?"

It's just a question of curiosity Emma_Acid.........(all in good fun. Nothing synical implied.) lolo

It's just a question of curiosity Emma_Acid.........(all in good fun. Nothing synical implied.) lolo

You misunderstand me. That would be my answer to God.

After thousands of years of suffering, and trying my whole life to understand what God is about, and being told of his majesty and how impossible it is to understand him, and the first thing he says is "So, what do you have to say now??????"

Yeah. He sounds as stupid as he looks. One way ticket to hell please. This guy is as big a jerk as I thought.

Edited by Emma_Acid

Maybe I'm missing something here but it seems like Omnaka isn't talking only about himself, but about all of the people like him. Why is that a problem for you?

but Onmaka hasn't been .............. fyi back on another board about forgiveness is where this all started.

what he's been doing in the past is making statements of judgment about those who don't react the way he did. That his reaction is somehow better . that one needs to control how they feel ( and yet he fails to do so when confronted on the issue. )

it all comes off hypocritical. Should all people react the same ? if not does that mean some are better than others ? if not then why beat this bush ?

exactly ............. I know many kids I grew up with did.

. my mothers step father wasn't physically abusive , but he was a pedophile. I didn't find this out until I was in my 30's from my mother. It answered alot of oddities about her and my uncle. yet she never held him accountable and was very close to him , loved him , but can't stand my grandmother , her mother ( who to this day has no clue about her beloved husband ... she's a bit slow , really . which was why smart grandpa married a slow no more sex for me woman with 2 previous children )

My mother in turned after a first divorce married a extremely abusive man in all ways . beat you with ax handles , put your hands over the stove fire , lock you under the house to sexually abusing me and my brothers. Was not above killing pets with his bare hands for example.

I told my mother when I was 8 what was going on that she didn't know.... she didn't want to talk about it. that was her usual line. Now of course she fumes about him ( she divorced him when I was 15 . that 's when the abuse stopped to physically because I stuck him in the back with a kitchen knife , not deep , when he was choking my brother of 14.) but she won't own her share of it. It's not like the abuse was a secret.My grandparents offered to pay for a divorce... she heard it all the time when she'd pile us as kids in the car to run away.

but she didn't take responsibility then nor now. I don't hold hope she ever will. to do so would mean she would have to be honest. some people can't be . shame and pride keep them from it.

Here's the kicker ... even the moron she married admitted he was an A**. That doesn't mean he still isn't , he is. but no one wants to be around him. he's a lonely drunk. Although he denies sexually abusing anyone even though more family members whom he did that too have come forward... his nieces/nephews ... neighbors. years later after I took him to court. I had no clue there were others. People keep secrets well.

It's a wonder we turned out as well as we did instead of basket cases like some do. But it wasn't because of her or growing up. It was because we were lucky enough to have another adult who cared ... a neighbor and my gran. But , there is even still alot of baggage. My brother who passed away smoke a ton of pot to escape his . My other brother used to have a hugh abusive temper until he got help. My sister lives with a sort of 'survivors guilt ' because she was treated 180 degrees differently. Me ? It took years to somewhat clean up the carnage left .

Nor does that carnage go away... you only learn the tools to deal with it better. Why should I forgive someone too weak to stop someone else from beating their kids ? The should be parents ! Not reliy on the feeble excuse of having that kid deal with the responsibility later then turn around and have to love that person or forgive them ?

Like I said before ... any moron can give birth .... that doesn't make them a parent.

thank god for anonymity. although if needing proof ,,,, I can do ! legal too !

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Who suggested there was a problem??? ...............What you gotta realize is....what I have said is about a lot of kids./ parents....and its fact.....and he was always referring to himself...

I never suggested I had a problem....so can you tell me how you saw it was a problem for me? :huh:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

exactly ............. I know many kids I grew up with did.

. my mothers step father wasn't physically abusive , but he was a pedophile. I didn't find this out until I was in my 30's from my mother. It answered alot of oddities about her and my uncle. yet she never held him accountable and was very close to him , loved him , but can't stand my grandmother , her mother ( who to this day has no clue about her beloved husband ... she's a bit slow , really . which was why smart grandpa married a slow no more sex for me woman with 2 previous children )

My mother in turned after a first divorce married a extremely abusive man in all ways . beat you with ax handles , put your hands over the stove fire , lock you under the house to sexually abusing me and my brothers. Was not above killing pets with his bare hands for example.

I told my mother when I was 8 what was going on that she didn't know.... she didn't want to talk about it. that was her usual line. Now of course she fumes about him ( she divorced him when I was 15 . that 's when the abuse stopped to physically because I stuck him in the back with a kitchen knife , not deep , when he was choking my brother of 14.) but she won't own her share of it. It's not like the abuse was a secret.My grandparents offered to pay for a divorce... she heard it all the time when she'd pile us as kids in the car to run away.

but she didn't take responsibility then nor now. I don't hold hope she ever will. to do so would mean she would have to be honest. some people can't be . shame and pride keep them from it.

Here's the kicker ... even the moron she married admitted he was an A**. That doesn't mean he still isn't , he is. but no one wants to be around him. he's a lonely drunk. Although he denies sexually abusing anyone even though more family members whom he did that too have come forward... his nieces/nephews ... neighbors. years later after I took him to court. I had no clue there were others. People keep secrets well.

It's a wonder we turned out as well as we did instead of basket cases like some do. But it wasn't because of her or growing up. It was because we were lucky enough to have another adult who cared ... a neighbor and my gran. But , there is even still alot of baggage. My brother who passed away smoke a ton of pot to escape his . My other brother used to have a hugh abusive temper until he got help. My sister lives with a sort of 'survivors guilt ' because she was treated 180 degrees differently. Me ? It took years to somewhat clean up the carnage left .

Nor does that carnage go away... you only learn the tools to deal with it better. Why should I forgive someone too weak to stop someone else from beating their kids ? The should be parents ! Not reliy on the feeble excuse of having that kid deal with the responsibility later then turn around and have to love that person or forgive them ?

Like I said before ... any moron can give birth .... that doesn't make them a parent.

thank god for anonymity. although if needing proof ,,,, I can do ! legal too !

WOW ripley thats some story........sigh...it goes to show you...I am not alone in the world when it comes to abusive parents....I can see you didnt become what you so very much hated...me too..I am proud of that fact to be honest

Unfortunately, a lot on the other hand DO wind up becoming what they hated....like my own father, he had a rough upbringing...and his father beat him black and blue, he even ran away from home to London at the age of 11................later on in life, he did the same stuff to his kids (my brother and I ) appart from our sister, she came along later and was his lil girl.......he still makes differences in 3.....

Now that he has grandkids...he claims its like a second chance, and he never so muchas yells at them

go figure

WOW ripley thats some story........sigh...it goes to show you...I am not alone in the world when it comes to abusive parents....I can see you didnt become what you so very much hated...me too..I am proud of that fact to be honest

Unfortunately, a lot on the other hand DO wind up becoming what they hated....like my own father, he had a rough upbringing...and his father beat him black and blue, he even ran away from home to London at the age of 11................later on in life, he did the same stuff to his kids (my brother and I ) appart from our sister, she came along later and was his lil girl.......he still makes differences in 3.....

Now that he has grandkids...he claims its like a second chance, and he never so muchas yells at them

go figure

I knew households were they got beat ( not as bad ) ...... 3 kids my age. One ended up treating his kids the exact same way . his sister became an addict and prostitute after running away at 14 . I still see her once in a while when driving through Hamtramck ... scary .... and the youngest became like this empty shell. hard to explain. it's like the lights are on but no one is home. He works and comes home .... lives in the same house he grew up in after his dad died . never married .. just him and his video games and computer. very quiet guy. yet the kind you wouldn't be surprised to find out he's been torturing people in his basement for years .......... god forbid.

my moms ex ? I don't bring it up to my sister - she knows however because she wouldn't leave her kids alone with him ..... but how many other kids did he get ? I took him to civil court as an adult and won on default only because he didn't show up even though the courts gave him extra time to prepare .... an extra 2 months . He showed up and said he didn't know ... a lie since he was served ..........and still didn't show up .

but he needs to be behind bars....

my mom ? she's a sort of better grandmother ........ although she didn't like her one granddaughter , my favorite actually .... thing is everyone found out . after that Ashley was not allowed around grandma anymore. My mom would pick on her like she did me . she liked Ashleys brother Chris , but not Ashley.... Ashley was and still is a strong girl . she doesn't take guff. always asks why . alot like me. Where Chris doesn't like to make waves.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

I knew households were they got beat ( not as bad ) ...... 3 kids my age. One ended up treating his kids the exact same way . his sister became an addict and prostitute after running away at 14 . I still see her once in a while when driving through Hamtramck ... scary .... and the youngest became like this empty shell. hard to explain. it's like the lights are on but no one is home. He works and comes home .... lives in the same house he grew up in after his dad died . never married .. just him and his video games and computer. very quiet guy. yet the kind you wouldn't be surprised to find out he's been torturing people in his basement for years .......... god forbid.

This is exactly what I have been saying......and its a crying shame to say the least

my moms ex ? I don't bring it up to my sister - she knows however because she wouldn't leave her kids alone with him ..... but how many other kids did he get ? I took him to civil court as an adult and won on default only because he didn't show up even though the courts gave him extra time to prepare .... an extra 2 months . He showed up and said he didn't know ... a lie since he was served ..........and still didn't show up .
She is just right notto leave her kids with that creep........how many other kids did he get?? goodnes knows...CREEP!!.........he didnt show up because he was guilty...the CREEP....lucky this is a family forum, otherwise I would have a few choice words to say about him lol

but he needs to be behind bars....

Hmm that's not all he needs lol...

my mom ? she's a sort of better grandmother ........ although she didn't like her one granddaughter , my favorite actually .... thing is everyone found out . after that Ashley was not allowed around grandma anymore. My mom would pick on her like she did me . she liked Ashleys brother Chris , but not Ashley.... Ashley was and still is a strong girl . she doesn't take guff. always asks why . alot like me. Where Chris doesn't like to make waves.

Sigh my dad is the same...a better grandfather to a certain extent...... he NEVER EVER asks about my Becky....due to the fact, I had her when I was not married.........I dont think he knows what she looks like anymore.............he also treats my sisters kid (my sister his pride and joy)...like gold...he thinks more of her kid than anything

This is exactly what I have been saying......and its a crying shame to say the least

She is just right notto leave her kids with that creep........how many other kids did he get?? goodnes knows...CREEP!!.........he didnt show up because he was guilty...the CREEP....lucky this is a family forum, otherwise I would have a few choice words to say about him lol

Hmm that's not all he needs lol...

Sigh my dad is the same...a better grandfather to a certain extent...... he NEVER EVER asks about my Becky....due to the fact, I had her when I was not married.........I dont think he knows what she looks like anymore.............he also treats my sisters kid (my sister his pride and joy)...like gold...he thinks more of her kid than anything

I'm sorry to hear that. My gran has a habit of treating boys better than girls. she would tell me when my brother was alive and living here ' go fix him something to eat ' ... I'd look at her like what ? :w00t: lol . where boys could do no wrong ( even after we caught him and his girlfriend taking her pain meds for arthritis. ) But help you if your a girl who doesn't want to marry. ( not me , my sister. she knows I'm a lesbian. she's fine with it. odd huh ? she thought she was going with me to England when I was thinking of moving there with my girlfriend. ) thankfully she's gotten over most of that. whew !

I'm sorry to hear that. My gran has a habit of treating boys better than girls. she would tell me when my brother was alive and living here ' go fix him something to eat ' ... I'd look at her like what ? :w00t: lol . where boys could do no wrong ( even after we caught him and his girlfriend taking her pain meds for arthritis. ) But help you if your a girl who doesn't want to marry. ( not me , my sister. she knows I'm a lesbian. she's fine with it. odd huh ? she thought she was going with me to England when I was thinking of moving there with my girlfriend. ) thankfully she's gotten over most of that. whew !

Mommas boys LOL rings a big bell lol...my mom treated my brother a lot better than my sister and I LMAO...she still does

I don't get why mothers / grandma's do this???.............sigh

Kinda like Daddy's Girls.

Love Omnaka

This thread should of been called my God is better. :P

You misunderstand me. That would be my answer to God.

After thousands of years of suffering, and trying my whole life to understand what God is about, and being told of his majesty and how impossible it is to understand him, and the first thing he says is "So, what do you have to say now??????"

Yeah. He sounds as stupid as he looks. One way ticket to hell please. This guy is as big a jerk as I thought.

Oh alright....now I understand. Well yeah 'a thousands of years of suffering (and we are still are) but I often wonder if the suffering is something we bought upon ourselves rather than God making us suffer. So we really won't know until our final notice is up. lolo

I like to start this thread for those who believe in an after life and a God and also for those who know for a fact that there is no religious truth from the research they've uncovered:

The question posed here is: You've reached the end of your life here on earth. You are about to die from a full life of living but age has set in and you are going to die. You die. But for some reason whatever it may be you are now standing in a place which we as humans speculated as the 'after life'.

1. Question for different religious points of view and practices: You look around and not only see your own people who worship a certain faith but also see all the other religious people of other faiths. God asks: So, what do you have to say now????? ........what is your response to God?

2. Question for atheists and agnostics: You look around still not convinced but are wondering when you are going to wake up. But you realize that you are dead. God asks: So, what do you have to say now??????........what is your response to God?

Now try to make your replies sincere............ :innocent:

2. 'Sorry God, but you didn't give enough evidence'

Edited by anakha6

Now try to make your replies sincere............ :innocent:

Is this a sincere question? :innocent: