Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What explanation are you going to give when..

As a Matter of Fact

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Lt_Ripley

• As a Matter of Fact

• randomhit10

lol... :D its a man thing I guess...

I fixed it. :)

2. Question for atheists and agnostics: You look around still not convinced but are wondering when you are going to wake up. But you realize that you are dead. God asks: So, what do you have to say now??????........what is your response to God?

Now try to make your replies sincere............ :innocent:

I suppose my response would depend on which deity was addressing me.

If it were the Judeo-Islamic-Christian god, I would ask why he/she/it chose to allow its name to be used to commit such atrocious acts on its behalf. If it were one of the older gods, then I would probably say "Where is the mead and wenches?"

I suppose my response would depend on which deity was addressing me.

If it were the Judeo-Islamic-Christian god, I would ask why he/she/it chose to allow its name to be used to commit such atrocious acts on its behalf. If it were one of the older gods, then I would probably say "Where is the mead and wenches?"

+1 for wenches! :D

2. Question for atheists and agnostics: You look around still not convinced but are wondering when you are going to wake up. But you realize that you are dead. God asks: So, what do you have to say now??????........what is your response to God?

"I never thought you'd be so petty."

1. I was telling them It was you, The Sun.

2. They can't be fooled by a missing deadbeat God.

So, what do you have to say now??????........what is your response to God?

"If you're god, shouldnt you already know?"

Next question:

Why do all of you blame me for the outcome of your lives? All of you had choices. What have you gain for not believing in me? :lol:

Next question:

Why do all of you blame me for the outcome of your lives? All of you had choices. What have you gain for not believing in me? :lol:

if you were God you ultimatly would be 'blamed' .. if you know it all , all the choices and the final outcome then it's a fixed game to begin with. hense the blame to God. in the sense of what would one have to gain in believing in you you as , what would be the gain in believing if the final outcome is known by God ??

what would be gained if one didn't believe ? free time , more money , less needless guilt. to name a few.

But God had already gave us the knowledge of knowing what is the correct path to choose and what is the wrong path to choose. So it was left for us to decide what path to take. : )

But God had already gave us the knowledge of knowing what is the correct path to choose and what is the wrong path to choose. So it was left for us to decide what path to take. : )

and what path is that in your opinion ? since in your opinion you know what God wants.

and what path is that in your opinion ? since in your opinion you know what God wants.

I'd like to answer that Lt. Ripley. Tell you what I'm going to offer to you. I'd like you to present to me a scenerio of two paths from you in that it includes one path which is good as you perceive it and another path that is bad. : )

And from what you have written I will give you my opinion. :)

But god had created us, and since he's all knowing he would have known exactly what we'd do in our lives, and from that he could have changed how he made us in order to make us make different choices. In the end, he'd be responsible. We'd only be robots able to only follow our programming.

But god had created us, and since he's all knowing he would have known exactly what we'd do in our lives, and from that he could have changed how he made us in order to make us make different choices. In the end, he'd be responsible. We'd only be robots able to only follow our programming.

I agree but he's be responsible to a certain point. Like a father to a child. After the child has grown to an adult the Fathers responsibility would be fufilled would it not? : )

I agree but he's be responsible to a certain point. Like a father to a child. After the child has grown to an adult the Fathers responsibility would be fufilled would it not? : )

Ok, I never understand this comparison. I'm a parent so yes, I guide my children and am responsible. Here is the difference. -

I am NOT all knowing and all powerful. I do not have the power to alter my child's course after a point other than nagging/calling the police. I also do not have the power to know all the choices in life that my child will make.

If I KNEW that in three years my child would commit a horrible crime and murder many people and I did NOTHING about it then I MUST share the responsibility of allowing this horror to happen. Especially if I have the power to alter it.

Comparing a parents actions to what "god" is capable of or should be capable of doing just doesn't work IMHO.

HN

Ok, I never understand this comparison. I'm a parent so yes, I guide my children and am responsible. Here is the difference. -

I am NOT all knowing and all powerful. I do not have the power to alter my child's course after a point other than nagging/calling the police. I also do not have the power to know all the choices in life that my child will make.

If I KNEW that in three years my child would commit a horrible crime and murder many people and I did NOTHING about it then I MUST share the responsibility of allowing this horror to happen. Especially if I have the power to alter it.

Comparing a parents actions to what "god" is capable of or should be capable of doing just doesn't work IMHO.

HN

But what is God capable of? What else can He do for us that he hasn't already done or shown us since the beginning of time?

He gave us in many forms to our ancestors answers that were written down in many forms of books. If none of us seek out the right answers that are already there than what more can God do for us?

Here is a crude example. Katrina hits New Orleans. The people there were warned about it. They already knew that one day if a hurricane hits New Orleans it could flood it and people will lose everything. Now knowing this people still wanted to live there.

What is really disturbing is people are going back to rebuild and live there again. Why would anyone want to live in New Orleans knowing that sooner or later the same thing will happen again??? I know I wouldn't want to live there. If somebody gave me $500,000.00 dollars I still wouldn't want to live there. Every person in the world can learn the difference between what is right and wrong; good and bad; and what is best for your own individual need. Some can have more because they are on a certain level of having that much. Some have less for the same reasons. Yes you can try to share the responsibility of trying to teach your child from not taking the path that will lead him to doing a horrible thing, but after all you've done in teaching him or her it's the child (who is now an adult) to start recognizing the differences between right and wrong. : )

I'd like to answer that Lt. Ripley. Tell you what I'm going to offer to you. I'd like you to present to me a scenerio of two paths from you in that it includes one path which is good as you perceive it and another path that is bad. : )

And from what you have written I will give you my opinion. :)

life doesn't work like that. what may seem good can turn out bad and vice versa.

and good things do come from bad choices. Sometimes better than if you had chosen the 'good'.

PS - again , there are no choices if God knows the final outcome. if God knows all the 'choices' he also knows what you will choose = not a choice. more like a plan. that we don't know.

if you really want - your taken hostage off a bus with other people - the terrorists say you must pick between a pregnate woman or your child , one of which will die and everyone can go free. If you refuse all die.

now you tell me.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

But what is God capable of? What else can He do for us that he hasn't already done or shown us since the beginning of time?

He gave us in many forms to our ancestors answers that were written down in many forms of books. If none of us seek out the right answers that are already there than what more can God do for us?

Here is a crude example. Katrina hits New Orleans. The people there were warned about it. They already knew that one day if a hurricane hits New Orleans it could flood it and people will lose everything. Now knowing this people still wanted to live there.

What is really disturbing is people are going back to rebuild and live there again. Why would anyone want to live in New Orleans knowing that sooner or later the same thing will happen again??? I know I wouldn't want to live there. If somebody gave me $500,000.00 dollars I still wouldn't want to live there. Every person in the world can learn the difference between what is right and wrong; good and bad; and what is best for your own individual need. Some can have more because they are on a certain level of having that much. Some have less for the same reasons. Yes you can try to share the responsibility of trying to teach your child from not taking the path that will lead him to doing a horrible thing, but after all you've done in teaching him or her it's the child (who is now an adult) to start recognizing the differences between right and wrong. : )

what's right for you is not right for everyone else. get over yourself.

why do people continue to live in Kansas , Oaklahoma , Texas ? any state with tornadoes ? yet they keep moving back. What about Florida ? Hey California. Don't forget that supervolcano under yellowstone. that should affect the states around it . It will blow one day.....

Edited by Lt_Ripley

life doesn't work like that. what may seem good can turn out bad and vice versa.

and good things do come from bad choices. Sometimes better than if you had chosen the 'good'.

PS - again , there are no choices if God knows the final outcome. if God knows all the 'choices' he also knows what you will choose = not a choice. more like a plan. that we don't know.

if you really want - your taken hostage off a bus with other people - the terrorists say you must pick between a pregnate woman or your child , one of which will die and everyone can go free. If you refuse all die.

now you tell me.

Is choosing oneself an option? If I ask the terrorists to spare the pregnate woman and my child and have the terrorists kill me and everyone can go free...........would I have that option? :)

Is choosing oneself an option? If I ask the terrorists to spare the pregnate woman and my child and have the terrorists kill me and everyone can go free...........would I have that option? :)

no that is not an option. if you don't choose as I said all die.

no that is not an option. if you don't choose as I said all die.

Than I would choose that all will die. : )

what's right for you is not right for everyone else. get over yourself.

why do people continue to live in Kansas , Oaklahoma , Texas ? any state with tornadoes ? yet they keep moving back. What about Florida ? Hey California. Don't forget that supervolcano under yellowstone. that should affect the states around it . It will blow one day.....

Well you see you have just answered why God is not responsible for the choices we make. It's not a matter of what is right for you or what is right for me. It's a matter of what good choice you are going to make even if it means sacrificing a small 'right' of ones self which you may disagree and hate. Because you know as well as I do none of us can always get what we want. : )

But what is God capable of?

If he is "god" there is nothing he is NOT capable of. He can do anything. Otherwise he is NOT god.

What else can He do for us that he hasn't already done or shown us since the beginning of time?

Again, he could have done anything. He either can't and isn't all powerful, won't and is evil or doesn't care.

No, we have vague, conflicting stories that change from culture to culture and have no evidence to make them valid. He hasn't given guidance, heck, he has given and allowed confusion.

What is really disturbing is people are going back to rebuild and live there again. Why would anyone want to live in New Orleans knowing that sooner or later the same thing will happen again??? I know I wouldn't want to live there. If somebody gave me $500,000.00 dollars I still wouldn't want to live there.

This isn't a valid example. There is noplace on the planet that is safe from all kinds of natural disasters. This is actually a very offensive example. Please let me know of this utopia where everyone is safe all the time. You may want to review the thinking here.

And again, you are comparing the choices made by mortal men and women who cannot see everything to god, who could have stopped the death and destruction and either didn't care or chose not to. It isn't a valid compairson.

Every person in the world can learn the difference between what is right and wrong; good and bad; and what is best for your own individual need.

No, every person cannot learn the difference between right and wrong because there is NO definitive line between the two. YOUR idea of right and my may be different. Society evolves laws and morals based on their collective ideas. Even at that point, many still disagree.

Some can have more because they are on a certain level of having that much. Some have less for the same reasons.

This doesn't make sense.

Yes you can try to share the responsibility of trying to teach your child from not taking the path that will lead him to doing a horrible thing, but after all you've done in teaching him or her it's the child (who is now an adult) to start recognizing the differences between right and wrong. : )

No, this is a twist on what I said. I stated that if I had the same powers as "god" and I allowed my child to kill many people (knowing from the beginning it was going to happen and having the power to stop it) then I am responsible for this action.

HN

If he is "god" there is nothing he is NOT capable of. He can do anything. Otherwise he is NOT god.

Again, he could have done anything. He either can't and isn't all powerful, won't and is evil or doesn't care.

No, we have vague, conflicting stories that change from culture to culture and have no evidence to make them valid. He hasn't given guidance, heck, he has given and allowed confusion.

This isn't a valid example. There is noplace on the planet that is safe from all kinds of natural disasters. This is actually a very offensive example. Please let me know of this utopia where everyone is safe all the time. You may want to review the thinking here.

And again, you are comparing the choices made by mortal men and women who cannot see everything to god, who could have stopped the death and destruction and either didn't care or chose not to. It isn't a valid compairson.

No, every person cannot learn the difference between right and wrong because there is NO definitive line between the two. YOUR idea of right and my may be different. Society evolves laws and morals based on their collective ideas. Even at that point, many still disagree.

This doesn't make sense.

No, this is a twist on what I said. I stated that if I had the same powers as "god" and I allowed my child to kill many people (knowing from the beginning it was going to happen and having the power to stop it) then I am responsible for this action.

HN

Well it sounds like you don't want God. (From breaking down every sentence I've written.) See (And I really hate to say this but I must) it's this kind of reasoning and selfish thinking that God won't communicate with us anymore. Why should he? We give nothing back to him. Even when he had given us something in the past we still don't give anything to him. I tell you what we do give him:" Doubt, uncertainty, selfishness, contradictive non-facts and a so called equal-superior attitude that we homo-sapiens don't deserve this kind of treatment. Well how about trying role reversal? Try being in His shoes for a day or a week and see how He feels about us down here.

And it wasn't my intentions to twist anything around. What is my intention is to share some of what was long forgotten. : )

Well it sounds like you don't want God. (From breaking down every sentence I've written.) See (And I really hate to say this but I must) it's this kind of reasoning and selfish thinking that God won't communicate with us anymore. Why should he? We give nothing back to him. Even when he had given us something in the past we still don't give anything to him. I tell you what we do give him:" Doubt, uncertainty, selfishness, contradictive non-facts and a so called equal-superior attitude that we homo-sapiens don't deserve this kind of treatment. Well how about trying role reversal? Try being in His shoes for a day or a week and see how He feels about us down here.

And it wasn't my intentions to twist anything around. What is my intention is to share some of what was long forgotten. : )

:)

I can't "not want" something that doesn't exist.

Selfish thinking, that's funny. If I had the power I would have saved the Katrina victims. Who exactly is selfish? I'd love to be in his shoes for a week.

He's your god, you tell me how he feels about us down here.

This is where intelligent conversation ends, with the "I'm so sorry for you cuz you won't understand" tactic.

It's quite sad.

HN