Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apparition or Faerie in the Woods?

shirini

Danny S. lives on Turtle Tree fork near Jarvisville, WV. He has given me permission to submit this photo. The original picture was taken in his absence by a "trailcam" used for hunting and game watching. The photo he gave permission to submit is actually a "picture of a picture". His friend Ron laid Danny's pic on his kitchen table and snapped it with his digital cam (close-up above, full image below).

--Donette

Coast to Coast Link & Photo

Edited by shirini

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Falco Rex

• hunterkiller2001

• shirini

• TRH

Sorry, but to me that's a photograph of a 12 year old kid in a grey hooded top who just happened to walk by....

rolleyes.gif

TRH, great gif avatar by the way. w00t.gif

Edited by Loonboy

Sorry, but to me that's a photograph of a 12 year old kid in a grey hooded top who just happened to walk by....

rolleyes.gif

Yeah probly is a kid or something.

P.S Thanks.

Clothesline is visible. Looks like a one or more sheer curtains blowing in the wind, with a low grade camera during movement to give it the sweeping, ethereal effect. Novice.

• 1 month later...

So fake, photoshop I was asking myself why would someone just snap a picture of bush and trees? To bad that it's fake though.

rolleyes.gif

We have a winner! thumbsup.gif

I agree, kid. Grey hooded sweatshirt. Motion blur.

Coast to Coast will just post anything...wow.

A 12 year old kid? Uh, no. It is either an apartion or a fake. The "sweatshirt" is not really even a sweatshgirt unless they make sweetshirts that go down to the knees . No the garment looks more like a cloak to me and last time I checked, cloaks went out of style with breeches and top hats. I could understand if there was just a little bit of blur, but the fact that the figure is practically transparent is just soemthing that iscant be brushed off as a bad camera shot. I could still see that it might be a fake, but its a darn good fake though.

It definatly looks like a white cloaked person of some sort. It gave me the chills!

The Raven is right. You can see the line it's hanging on. Looks like a Wedding Veil to me..

<--- The New Guy.

Just wanted to add that it appears this "figure" is not hanging off a rope or string. In fact it appears the rope is not rope at all.

In MHO, it's spider thread, refelected by the sunlight in the background.

I love the outdoors, and i've seen thousands of these strands early in the woods in the morning.

I've marked these threads in a blown up, sharpened version found at :

http://www.eqseekers.us/apparition_edit.jpg

There are 2 things in the image that lead me to believe it's not an added photoshop layer.

#1 The thread that crossed the objects head is closer to the camera then the ghost.

#2 The lens flare off the sun is shown in front of the ghost, this means that the apparition was there in front of the camera when the photo was snapped.

I know, neither of these are 100% fool-proof, but it's more attention to detail then i see in most faked shots.

Welcome to the board Mr. the New Guy.

Now that you've cleaned up the image what I thought was a rope looks more like a branch that's only partially visible from the Suns' glare. Why couldn't something be hanging from a branch? Someone mentioned earlier that very few people would just take a shot of some trees, and I'm inclined to agree. Add that to the fact that the cameras' pointing into the sun. not very good for photography. Unless they were purposely trying to hide something with the glare?

I agree it's better than most alleged ghost pictures but it just doesn't do it for me..

It could be hanging from a piece of fishing line, what really surprises me is that the blur around the object, if added afterward, doesn't effect the 2 objects i pointed out.

as to the placement of the camera, it looks like there is a trail in the background. If it is indeed a trail, thats where I'd place a scouting camera.

edit: With this being "a picture of a picture" it's so much harder to look for details. If it's possible for shirini to get the real photo, it'd be a lot easier to prove/disprove anything.

Edited by hunterkiller2001

I can't really explain the blur either, but I have no real knowledge of how to photoshop. There's some members on this board who are quite familiar with doctored photos. I'd like to see a post or two from them before I make up my mind.

Still, there's just something about it that bugs me and I can't quite place what it is..

omg.. i just looked at this image, and saw something.. The Raven sumed up a basic impression..

I have no idea why i feel so compelled to figure this image out, but I think i have it!

I've already discussed the threads of spider silk, and I'd bet my computer thats what those strands are...

But as i was looking at the image, i noticed the placement of the figure.

People have called it sheets, a kid walking by, etc etc.

looking for a reasonable explination, it smacked me in the face...

user posted image

It's a different angle... but it's a body being carried, in a white sheet.

knowing this, i decided to make my own "Fake ghost in the woods"

Visit http://www.eqseekers.us/forestphoto/ghosthoax.htm

I show the 2 source images, and the final product looks like this:

user posted image

If it's THAT easy, i fear "credible photographic evidence" may never be found.

Edited by hunterkiller2001

That's really good hunterkiller. Now I know why that picture bugged me so much. If you can turn out something like that on your computer there's no reason the other picture shouldn't be used as a fake also..

I really doubt its a ghost. If it was taken with a webcam or something of the sort then that sort of thing is very easy to duplicate, ive even done so on accident. when an object such as the person in blue is in motion and you have a bright light such as the one in the photo, a cam will sometimes blur the object in motion because its adjusting the color which is distorted by the light. Still objects adjust much quicker. The result is 2 overlapping images that appear transparent due to motion and slow response time because of color adjustment. What I just stated only applies assuming the light and person pictured are real.

In my honest opinion the photo looks doctored. The light source seems to come from a dense area of trees, and is white, whereas the light reflected is a bit different in color and direction. Also the rays are directed only towards the figure yet trees located directly next to it are also illuminated (from a side facing away from the source). Also the back of the figure is illuminated, when its back is towards a dark forest. Now if you say that you *saw* the actual photgraph then you could probably eliminate the possibility of any editing, but if you didnt, its possible that someone took a photo of a picture on a table then added the light and blue figure later in photoshop.

Also, is it just me, or does the tree to the left of the really thick one look a bit transparent as well?

wow.. i never noticed that, if you look at the blown up version, all the trees look transparent.

user posted image

Wow, you guys are putting way too much time in this. I got it off the the Coast to Coast gallery. It is not my photo, not do i know where to get the real photo.

I think it a cam-phone photo, or a low shudder camara, and it's just some guy dressed up in his halloween custom. But hey, thanks for all the replies.

Edited by shirini