Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WATCHMEN

Undeadskeptic

Hey yall,

having seen the hit movie WATCHMEN three times now, I feel I should comment on just how good it is. If you don't know it is a mysterious and somewhat brooding story concerning real-life superheroes, none of whom have super powers, but for Dr. Manhattan a blue freak.

These are heroes who are humans too. In a fanatastic world we are drawn into the human lives of incredible people. Zack Snyder did an incredible job with the cinematogrophy, and I was amazed at just how well the comic could be translated to cinema.

In short, the film is so good I am planning to see it a fourth time. After that a fifth. And undoubtedly a sixth after that.

Anyone else like it?

-UDS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darknight1

• supervike

• Undeadskeptic

• The Silver Thong

Theres a thread in the Movies section already, eight pages long...

The movie was underpar, not very good. Book was spectacular, movie missed the mark.

Theres a thread in the Movies section already, eight pages long...

The movie was underpar, not very good. Book was spectacular, movie missed the mark.

Yes, wrong section.

Also, I disagree, most of the problems it had were the same problems the novels had. Pacing (alot of sloww)..

It was MUCH better then I expected...

The movie had a......*Cough* penis..*Cough*

But other then that i like the comics better..

I must say I thought the book was really over rated. The film was much better.

Hey yall,

having seen the hit movie WATCHMEN three times now, I feel I should comment on just how good it is. If you don't know it is a mysterious and somewhat brooding story concerning real-life superheroes, none of whom have super powers, but for Dr. Manhattan a blue freak.

These are heroes who are humans too. In a fanatastic world we are drawn into the human lives of incredible people. Zack Snyder did an incredible job with the cinematogrophy, and I was amazed at just how well the comic could be translated to cinema.

In short, the film is so good I am planning to see it a fourth time. After that a fifth. And undoubtedly a sixth after that.

Anyone else like it?

-UDS

The book is WAY better then the movie...I liked the ending in the movie better...made more sense to me...the first time I saw it I was impressed...not so much the second time...but not horrible as comic movies go....just nowhere near as epic as The Dark Knight

My son waited for this movie excited to see it and he said he was soooo disappointed. He and his friend fell asleep during the movie.

My son waited for this movie excited to see it and he said he was soooo disappointed. He and his friend fell asleep during the movie.

I can understand that. The trailers mad eit out to be an action, but it was certainly a drama. How old is your son? It might not have appealed to his age group either.

The movie had a......*Cough* penis..*Cough*

But other then that i like the comics better..

BLUE penis and i think there was 4 of them at once lol

Not as great as I expected , but still a good movie..just doesn't reach my expectations..

lol I haven't seen it yet. I'm off to see it tomorrow, it would appear the only ones who really disliked it were the ones who knew the comic. Which I didn't, so i won't be caring how much it measures up.

Hey yall,

Anyone else like it?

-UDS

I saw the movie just yesterday. I must say the movie had a little more to it then what I was expecting. Not saying it was a bad movie I enjoyed it but it seemed like everyone there had issues most of the characters where pretty dark and shady say for one exception dr manhattan. The action in that movie was great the plot line was enjoyable. Thumbs up.:)

I burned a copy this weekend and man I'm glad I didn't pay to go see it in the theater. I was quit disapointed but then again I don't know much about the Watchman but I didn't care for it. Took me 2 times to get through cause I fell asleep to lol.

I burned a copy this weekend and man I'm glad I didn't pay to go see it in the theater.

QUICK! SOMEONE CALL THE PIRATE POLICE!

QUICK! SOMEONE CALL THE PIRATE POLICE!

Tattle Tale :P

Pssst he's not doing anything illegal by just burning a copy. Now if he where selling it then thats where you got him

Pssst he's not doing anything illegal by just burning a copy. Now if he where selling it then thats where you got him

Err....I think it is illegal to download a movie that hasn't yet been released to dvd.....

Also, most countries are pretty specific about the 'personal backup' issue. Copying a DVD that you have bought may still be illegal in certain countries as well.

I'd check the law in your area before saying it is ok to do.

Err....I think it is illegal to download a movie that hasn't yet been released to dvd.....

It is. O.O

Well clearly the movie is saying that if you don't wear pants you become a god!

I haven't worn pants in years, and yet I can't seem to be in two places at once.

Maybe the large blue penis helps....